New boat delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat delivery

Well the new boat arrived at the dealership last week. Delivery was to be on Friday afternoon. The dealer called and said they prepped it and during the water test they discovered the ballast bags were missing and the walk through door was never installed. They ordered them and will reschedule delivery after the door is received and installed. Has anyone heard of them shipping a boat that was not completed. 2021 XT 21. I haven't seen it yet so no pictures. 🤔
    Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

That is crazy, serious different times. I would not expect that from MC.

Side note, we needed a heavier duty lift for our new sled, put a $4k deposit down, and the dealer sold the lift from under us and is giving us a loaner for a few weeks. Stupid.

Comment

What I would do is take delivery of the boat as planned on Friday. I would be breaking in the boat while waiting for the items to come in and have the dealer install them when you take the boat in for the 25 hour service. You won't be using the ballast bags until the boat has gone through the break-in.

Comment

Aren't you just down the street from the factory? I'd drop it right back off and kindly ask them to finish building it
        2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
        2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
        Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
        Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Wonder if it’s a shortage deal. I know they’ve had problems with air filters and such.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

We thought about picking it up. 50 min drive each way then to the launch to put on the lift, Store trailer, then reverse the whole process when the parts arrive. Not worth it since we still have the Stars and Stripes to use. Just makes the wait seem longer. Although we are anxious to see it.
            Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

My dealer told me last week that MC was shipping boats missing some parts that are on back order.
              Your dealer should deliver boat and come to you when parts are in.

Comment

Take delivery now, add the parts later. Who knows how long it will be for the backordered parts. And even if they think they know, that date could slip out. Might as well start enjoying it now.
                '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

I have heard of boats from other manufacturers being shipped without wakeboard racks due to backorder status. Seems like this is becoming more common.
                  The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

I'm not surprised to be honest. Not to make excuses for MC, but I am in manufacturing and our scheduling process has been a complete sh*% show over the last few months. With so many material constraints that seem to change on a daily basis, its a difficult task to ship complete units.

Comment

Yep, shortages all over the place. Promise dates likely to slip.

I'm waiting for some new lift parts including aluminum bunks - those were originally for early this month but I won't trust a promise until I see them and I'm not bothering to chase the dealer very much since I know he's likely waiting on slipping promises too. No point getting too stressed about it.

Good luck with the new boat and have some fun !!

Comment

My 2021 XT21 was delivered complete but was finished in January.

My friends 2021 XT 22 which just finished the build about 2 weeks ago and it was shipped without hinges on the rear bunks. No eta yet for the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
                          My dealer told me last week that MC was shipping boats missing some parts that are on back order.
                          Your dealer should deliver boat and come to you when parts are in.
                          ^^^ my thoughts also! and to top that Mc needs to pay the dealers for their time for bringing parts to the boat and their time to install. If they can't do that stop giving exact times for delivery. Everyone knows they are making a S&%$ load of money during these times.

Comment

Dated information.... But when we ordered our 2006 X30, it showed up without the swim platform. We live about 3 hours from the dealer and had them bring the boat to us when it was ready. They would not let us take delivery until the platform was installed. That same boat, the drivers seat had a different color material than the rest of the interior. Took an entire season to get that resolved. The ironic part of the event is that we had done a factory tour a couple of weeks before out boat was made. The tour guide made a big point in telling us about their major improvements in quality control and all the checks and double checks they had implemented. OOOPSSSS!!!

So to answer you question, not unheard of. But not common.

Comment

First picture

Laid eyes on it today. Scheduled pick up for next Friday
                              Attached Files
                              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X