Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well this may lead to more restrictions on wakes quicker than we think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this may lead to more restrictions on wakes quicker than we think.

2022 G’s now get an extra 1,450lbs of ballast in two new sub floor tanks. YIKES . Handful of other new options

https://nautique.com/models/whats-new-in-2022
    CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
    2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
    2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
    99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
    88 2001 Nautique

And the stupid continues. They're effectively putting a boat that weighs as much as a 28' - 30' boat on lakes that hadn't seen boats longer than 20'. I'm sure all the other manufactures will quickly follow suit or do even more. With this added capacity and the demographic of skilled boaters that are buying these surf ships, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

About time they redesign that tower...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      2020 XStar
      2018 G23
      2014 XStar
      2009 X45

Comment

Holy Robo Transformer Batman Tower - Yikes
        How much ballast do you need, really, not gonna make you a better surfer, or allow for any additional new tricks, I mean really.
        We are already taking the heat big time on Wake Boats on our lake, this is just nuts!!!

Add to this peeps with more money than brains, surfing narrow channels, near docks in busy area's going to get bans & restrictions faster than you can say Extra Ballast!

Comment

Originally posted by mpabreo View Post
          About time they redesign that tower...

they have the ugliest towers. blows my mind how surfing has taken over wake boarding and actually slalom skiing. guess because it's easy!

Comment

Could not agree more!

Good news is that the designer of the Pontiac Aztec has found a full time job at Nautique!
            2005 X45
            2009 X45
            2018 X46
            2022 XStar-S

Comment

Said differently, the new MY addresses two of this board’s prior critiques of the G. That telescoping tower is slick, and ahem, we all add moar ballast unless a PS.

Comment

Notice the location of the tower base, way back. Weird.

2020 XStar
                2018 G23
                2014 XStar
                2009 X45

Comment

Originally posted by mpabreo View Post
                  Notice the location of the tower base, way back. Weird.

I'm weird anyway but I like it. The boat design, tower all of it
                  2010 X-15
                  SOLD 1994 205
                  2011 Pathfinder
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
                  1 kid in college

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                    Said differently, the new MY addresses two of this board’s prior critiques of the G. That telescoping tower is slick, and ahem, we all add moar ballast unless a PS.
                    Yup, and not just critiques of this forum but of the model in general. ‘21 G23 only had 2200 lbs of ballast and just about everyone was adding 800-1000lbs of lead to get wakes and waves where they wanted. So with this new ballast option they are up to 3650 which is still less ballast than my stock x star. I don’t see this as some insane evolution of ballast capacity but rather just addressing issues with the prior model year, and selling what the market wants.

I’d be bummed if I just dropped 175k on. ‘21 G. I wonder if you can add it to the prior MY boats

Comment

Ironic that everyone is complaining about the additional ballast when pretty much every other mfgs top model including MC already has more ballast. The XStar actually has even more ballast than the G WITH the additional 1450lbs.

Comment

You warm up before that stretch?
                        -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                        https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Looks like everyone beat me to it, but the '22 G23 with the extra ballast still "only" has 3650 lbs of ballast and weighs 6000 lbs. The X-Star has 4100 lbs of ballast and weights 5800 lbs. In '21, the G23 was pretty light on ballast with 2200 lbs.

Will give props to Nautique, however, for adding ballast and adding new tower options in only the second year instead of waiting several years to fix an issue. Seems like they listen to feedback. I'm also in the camp of thinking that their power tower is pretty cool because you can still use it while partly lowered, which improves the shade for my ginger skin! That said, if I was in the market for one of these, I'd still lean X-Star. But I think Nautique definitely improved the G23 with those updates.

Excited to see MasterCraft's 2022 updates now!
                          Last edited by Morety; 05-31-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I do find a certain humor in the fact that only a couple years ago everyone was making fun of the butt ugly wake tractors.... now there's top manufacturers who are apparently taking their styling cues from them....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

^This.
                              I mean, to each their own, but just saw a Paragon for the first time yesterday, on the water, and I can say, even if I had a quarter mil to drop on a floating wave maker, the looks alone would steer me in a different direction.
                              '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Working...
                              X