Lake Havasu Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
    I would love to learn more... anywhere that doesn't have drought issues sounds good! Just saw a video from riverdavesplace.com over Memorial Day weekend, if I were 20-something it looks appealing, but at this point I'm more interested in surfing the open water with my family than parking and drinking all day in the river. What are the crowds like in late October or early November?
    Havasu springs is down river and more suited towards families you can surf for 17 miles up to Havasu if you just wanted to see the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnsdad View Post
      What route do you plan on taking? I've done the WI to Havasu trip 3 different ways (gone thru MPLS each time). It's within 100 miles difference for each route.

35-80-15-95 was by far the easiest route when towing, but longest. Minimal mountains, all nice interstate driving. You'll need to stop in WY and UT at the boat inspection station. Have your plug out and trailer/hull clean of any weeds. When they ask how long since you've been in the water, my suggestion is to say at least 30 days, that way hopefully they won't require an engine flush with their hot water and a fake a lake, so be ready to access the key if needed. If I did it again, I'd do this route.

35-80-76-70-15-95 - Most scenic, lots of mountains on 70, not the best for towing.

35-54-40-95 - This way was the worst. 54 is 2 lane in Kansas for a long time, 40 is not smooth, and New Mexico is covid crazy.
      Well, we WERE going to take I35 to 54 to I40 to 95 per Google maps. However, we cancelled our trip yesterday due to the forecasted temps next week being 114 - 120 degrees! As a Minnesotan, we are built to tolerate -80 to 100+ degrees, but 115+ seemed a bit extreme to us. Even the resort said, "Yah, it's going to be hot and we've had some others cancel". We're bummed. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread. I learned a lot and hope we can get there at some point.
      Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Originally posted by Boatymcboatface View Post
        Havasu springs is down river and more suited towards families you can surf for 17 miles up to Havasu if you just wanted to see the party.
        Thanks, great info. Will try to make this our end of season trip in the fall.

Comment

Major bummer! Honestly you would have been fine, just hang out in the lake more!

Comment

Its about 17 miles from where you are staying to Havasu springs (what you are calling Parker dam) its a fun trip and lots of beaches and camping along the way for eating lunch. Check out a website called riverdavesplace.com lots of good info on that site.
            RDP ***!
            2017 XT23 6000 GDI

Comment

Parker and below are closed. Have fun in the zoo.

RD $UX.

We are doing Powell, out of Bullfrog, this year. No way we are cancelling. We can't wait to see the lake this low.
              -Cameron
              2007 ProStar 197
              1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar View Post

RD $UX.

We are doing Powell, out of Bullfrog, this year. No way we are cancelling. We can't wait to see the lake this low.
                Yes Parker is closed! thats why I keep telling everyone to go to Havasu. We got the last spot for the summer in Parker booked so its officially closed

Yes RD ***!

Comment

RD $UX.

Hey Sodar…we’re practically neighbors, we’re in HB

And yes Parker is closed.
                  2017 XT23 6000 GDI

Comment

Yes Parker is closed! thats why I keep telling everyone to go to Havasu. We got the last spot for the summer in Parker booked so its officially closed

Yes RD ***!

Havasu it is…
                    2017 XT23 6000 GDI

Comment

RD $UX.

Had a buddy drive up from Cypress for the holiday. Said the canal was full by 6am. I was watching the lunacy on that web cam.
                      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Lake Havasu Trip

What’s with the “Parker is closed” stuff? I’ve been there every month this year, and I’m going next week. As far as I know it’s wide open down there and has been every trip I’ve been on. Unless I’m missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Babyback View Post
                          Hey Sodar…we’re practically neighbors, we’re in HB

And yes Parker is closed.
                          Haha! If the address on your profile is correct, you are neighbors with my inlaws, they are at Brookhurst and Banning.
                          -Cameron
                          2007 ProStar 197
                          1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by MeyersRL View Post
                            What’s with the “Parker is closed” stuff? I’ve been there every month this year, and I’m going next week. As far as I know it’s wide open down there and has been every trip I’ve been on. Unless I’m missing something?
                            Parker closed to all surf boats! only Flat bottoms, Jets boats and tournament ski boats.

Comment

Havasu is a different scene enjoy the week days if you want to do water sports because on the weekends the big boys come out and tear the whole place up. How long from end to end... at a comfortable speed probably an hour or more.
                              2018 Mastercraft NXT22
                              2001 Stingray 200lx-sold
                              2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-sold
                              2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x-sold
                              1980 EBKO Cobra-sold
                              1995 Macgregor 26s
                              1998 Macgregor 26x-sold
                              2001 SeaDoo GTI-sold
                              1995 SeaDoo GTX-sold
                              1995 SeaDoo XP-sold
                              1981 Macgregor 25-sold

Comment

Parker closed to all surf boats! only Flat bottoms, Jets boats and tournament ski boats.
                                We do our fair share of surfing in Parker but always wait until midday to afternoon when the water gets rough and spend the morning wake boarding and skiing. Boats were out surfing at 6am when we were there 2 weeks ago, absolutely ridiculous.
                                Current boat: 2016 x23 7.4

Previous boat: 2003 x9

Comment

Working...
                                X