No announcement yet.

Lemon Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love it if our problems were just that easy to fix. but 5 surf gate actuators down. plus numerous trips in and back from the shop for warranty repairs. This has been going on since the boat blew up at 6 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by tbenecchi View Post
      I think I answered you, but yes in all same problem, surf gates are the main problem. we are now at 5 actuators! a new engine at 6 hours, stereo is finally fixed after 3 years, I think! computer issues, water pumps, ballast pumps, etc. We love Mastercraft and just got one that wasn't done right!
      Sounds like it was built on a Friday afternoon before a 3 day weekend.

Seems like the majority of the issues are fixed and I'm pretty sure they have newer, sturdier actuators for the replacements now. Also, with the boat market so hot you can probably sell it for what you paid for it if you really wanted out.
      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

it's a 2018 Xstar. We bought the boat new so we wouldn't have a lot of issues. Well the joke was on us! It's been having issues since day 1! Many over and over like the surf gates that keep breaking. we have replaced the actuators 5 times now. and Norcal Mastercraft wouldn't honor our warranty this past memorial day weekend when we spent HOURS

Comment

How many actuators did you say?

In MN the lemon law is only for auto's.

If you dealer is not taking care of you and you have truly given them a chance- then you contact MC.

Comment

Never on a boat, but I was involved in the beginning steps of a lemon law case while at a GM dealership years ago. In reality, the lemon laws are not written to benefit either party. They mainly discourage the consumer form pursuing it. Id say 99,999 out of a 100K never get past the qualifications. As was the case I was involved in. Vehicle didnt even qualify in order to move forward.

Its been awhile, but IIR in our state, the vehicle had to have at least 3 exact same component failures over a course of a certain time frame. Poor workmanship = nope. Misdiagnosis = nope, multiple different component failures = nope, none qualified.

Comment

Not sure how your state law reads, but take a look at the MN state statute. Although a bit long, its a easy read, specifically "Subd. 3.Manufacturer's duty to refund or replace."

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/325f.665

And yes, in MN it applies to boats.

Comment

Originally posted by tbenecchi View Post
                it's a 2018 Xstar. We bought the boat new so we wouldn't have a lot of issues. Well the joke was on us! It's been having issues since day 1! Many over and over like the surf gates that keep breaking. we have replaced the actuators 5 times now. and Norcal Mastercraft wouldn't honor our warranty this past memorial day weekend when we spent HOURS
                I mean details on them not honoring the warranty? What did you try to have warranty work done on over the weekend?

Basically if you wanted to sue you'd be basing the case on the consumers protection act and magnuson-moss warranty acts - if you don't' feel as if they honored the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                  They need to send all MC dealers to TXMC for training. They are hands down the best boat dealer I've encountered.
                  Without a doubt. From the owner down to all of service...they get it. One of the times the MB broke... the owner met me half way with a loaner for the long holiday weekend.

At the time.. I had no idea that the person that delivered the boat was the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by allzway View Post
                    Without a doubt. From the owner down to all of service...they get it. One of the times the MB broke... the owner met me half way with a loaner for the long holiday weekend.

At the time.. I had no idea that the person that delivered the boat was the owner.
                    Jimmy is the man. So down to earth.
                    -Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Working...
                    X