2022 Xt23, Xt24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    Awesome write up. Apparently the 6.2 is quieter than the 6.0, so you may want to look into that. I’m putting it in mine. Also cool to hear about your first hand experience with the Z8 tower- I have it optioned on my boat just cause I prefer the look of it, but I’m glad to hear the functionality is there as well.

I'm hoping the wave behind the 23 is as good as the 24. There’s almost no third party info/reviews on the XT23, but I’m not super worried. As far as I know, the 23 and 24 are very similar. I think the 23 will throw a banger with a little extra weight.

After riding behind a 24MXZ and an X24 back to back, I’ve drawn similar conclusions. The X24 wave is more powerful and meaty than the MXZ, but the MXZ wave is more visually pleasing and “smooth.”

A couple questions. How long did the ballast take to fill? FastFill?
    Interesting observations. I'm not a fan of the 24MXZ. I've surfed them, driven them, etc and the rough water ride is horrible and it's wet. Other than the interior layout, I'm not a fan. The wave is good and highly tunable, much like the MC wave in the XT24, it's just different.

Also interesting what you say about powerful and meaty. I did find that the XT24 wave was very strong. Unlike the Malibu wave regardless of boat (From my experience only owning Malibu), the Bu wave seems much more firm than the MC wave. The MC wave is softer. I should say that I'm also a course skier, so a soft wake is good. Never considered the "texture" of a surf wave until Friday and then this weekend surfing our boat. I can agree with the smooth comment but the MC wave feels more smooth than it looks. As we know, the look means nothing....it's the power, push, shape, and pocket that are important and that can't be determined without riding.

This boat had fast fill ballast. It took about 6-7 minutes to fill. It seemed like it took longer than our 23LSV, which also has fast fill pumps. That thing fills super quickly. We like that....A lot.

Good call on the 6.2. I don't think I would order one of these without the 6.2 either in XT23 or XT24. I don't think the boat needs the 6.2, but from a noise perspective I would think the 6.2 would make a difference. I just don't know if it comes with the surf pipe or not, which is a big deal. Our LSV is super quiet, relatively speaking. It's much quieter than our former boat with the Raptor 6.2. While it didn't have surf pipe and our new one does, It was simply loud.

I'm pretty excited to demo the XT23 as well. Our rep says it's just as good as does the dealers "professional" surfer. He was out with us for a ride at the end of our demo and claimed that the 23 is just as good. He actually like quick surf setting 4 better than 5, oddly. Regardless, I can't imagine the 23 being much different. I suspect that it will benefit from a couple hundred extra pounds in bow weight, though. We'll see. I'm still going to try to get that demo set up ASAP because I really like the 23' size boat. That size works very well on most of the lakes we frequent and frankly, we prefer the style of a traditional bow boat. At the same time, we love the larger bow that the pickle MC's are so well known for. The price delta between the 23 & 24 is nominal in relative terms when talking about 200k toys that we only get to use a few months of the year.....

Comment

• Another thing, @TolCarMan, the camera placement on the tower is money. We loved the Z8 tower. It's so well done and its ease of use is a huge selling point. I'd love it if my Bu tower functioned like the Z8. Also like the ability to color the tower now to match the boat vs. the traditional bling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slayer View Post
        Another thing, @TolCarMan, the camera placement on the tower is money.
        Has the camera placement changed in comparison to the ZFT4? I guess I haven't seen any pictures of the camera on the Z8 tower.
        2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

• Originally posted by Slayer View Post
          I can agree with the smooth comment but the MC wave feels more smooth than it looks. As we know, the look means nothing....it's the power, push, shape, and pocket that are important and that can't be determined without riding.

I just don't know if it comes with the surf pipe or not
          This 100%. I personally love the feel of a MC wave, but to each their own.

Also, you can't get a surf pipe on the XT series which is really, really dumb. Are you listening MasterCraft? It just became standard on the X series for 2022 and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an option on the XTs within the next couple years.

Since the new pipe is integrated into the center tab, I wonder if you could buy the X series center tab and install it on an XT. We may have to look into that...

Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
          Has the camera placement changed in comparison to the ZFT4? I guess I haven't seen any pictures of the camera on the Z8 tower.
          Same location as before. I'm also a big fan
          -Tolman
          '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
          '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

This 100%. I personally love the feel of a MC wave, but to each their own.

Also, you can't get a surf pipe on the XT series which is really, really dumb. Are you listening MasterCraft? It just became standard on the X series for 2022 and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an option on the XTs within the next couple years.

Since the new pipe is integrated into the center tab, I wonder if you could buy the X series center tab and install it on an XT. We may have to look into that...

Same location as before. I'm also a big fan
            The surf pipe thing baffles me. It was an option on Malibu for years. It wasn't until 2019 or 2020 that it became part of the overall surf system in the build. If you add power wedge and surfgate, you get the surf pipe, but you also get charged for it. I don't think you can order one without surf pipe any longer, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, any surf boat should have that as a standard across all manufacturers.

Comment

• Did this boat have the rear convertible seat? If so, it appears it now has a "step pad" integrated into that rear seat so you don't have to step on the fabric of that seat when getting in. Why don't the X series have that? That seems like it would be a huge help to the issues caused when always stepping on that seat.
              2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

• Originally posted by sdfoiler View Post
                Did this boat have the rear convertible seat? If so, it appears it now has a "step pad" integrated into that rear seat so you don't have to step on the fabric of that seat when getting in. Why don't the X series have that? That seems like it would be a huge help to the issues caused when always stepping on that seat.
                It did have the convertible rear seat and it did have a step pad on it. It's well executed also in that it's recessed below the surface of the surrounding vinyl so you don't step on the edge and hurt your feet like you do on a Tige'. Tige's version is poorly executed at best, much like the 2018 Malibu 23LSV on the rear hatches. It was terrible and I'm happy they moved to the walk thorugh.

Comment

• My order is officially in! It's scheduled to finish in late December and be delivered in January. I've heard nothing but good things about the XT23 so far, so fingers crossed. (The intake vent will be black but for some reason the builder doesn't show that)
                  Attached Files
                  -Tolman
                  '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                  '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Slayer- One thing of note for you if you demo again, or demo the XT23........ Use the steeper surf settings and add speed if you want a much firmer wave and more length. MCs tend to gain even more push, plus more firmness as you increase speed, whereas surf gate waves tend to lose push, especially in the back of the wave when speed is increased. You'll find the MC wave does the opposite. Try adding .5mph to the standard speed next time, and in turn, you can also run a steeper setting as well.

Also, yes, the 5.3 and 6.2 are quieter than the 6.0. It is a bummer that surf pipe isnt standard yet on the XT series.

Comment

• Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                      Slayer- One thing of note for you if you demo again, or demo the XT23........ Use the steeper surf settings and add speed if you want a much firmer wave and more length. MCs tend to gain even more push, plus more firmness as you increase speed, whereas surf gate waves tend to lose push, especially in the back of the wave when speed is increased. You'll find the MC wave does the opposite. Try adding .5mph to the standard speed next time, and in turn, you can also run a steeper setting as well.

Also, yes, the 5.3 and 6.2 are quieter than the 6.0. It is a bummer that surf pipe isnt standard yet on the XT series.
                      Thanks for the tip!! I appreciate it. I'm still trying to get on the XT23. My suspicion is that I'll prefer the XT24.

Comment

My order is officially in! It's scheduled to finish in late December and be delivered in January. I've heard nothing but good things about the XT23 so far, so fingers crossed. (The intake vent will be black but for some reason the builder doesn't show that)
                        Congratulations!! I'm happy for you. Can't wait to see actual pics!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.49.59 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	2413126

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.50.27 AM.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2413127

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.50.42 AM.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	2413128

Just ordered an xt24! we are pumped. Great boat, great surf wave. Cant wait to be on the water next summer.

Comment

• Congratulations to all of you on your new boats. I really like the xt 23 line.

Comment

• Both are gorgeous. Congrats. It's going to be a loooooong winter.

Comment

• Got word yesterday that we've entered production
                                -Tolman
                                '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                                '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X