• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post

What lake are you on in AL?
    Smith lake

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
      It happened to me 3 times this past weekend. Needless to say, it was irritating having my brand new boat drain bags into the bilge lol.
      Its definitely a frustration, Im hopeful to get the kinks worked out before the main season kicks off.

I had the ignition wire not seated all the way from the factory come loose while on the water. Completely dead no power to anything.

at least I've now learned how to get a tow at the lake I frequent most and how to Load the boat on the trailer without power. hoping this is the last of the little quirks. at least its all covered.

Comment

• Wow, scary! Glad you got it worked out.

I'm taking my boat in next Wednesday for the recall work and the 20 hour service. @zpacheco, keep us posted on what the new parts look like!
        -Tolman
        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmh745 View Post
          Finally got the boat on the water. It is a beast… Surf wave is insane. On plane super quick with single auto-launch for skiing and wakeboarding. Also, doesn’t look too shabby on our new dock! Can’t wait for a little bit warmer weather.
          Beautiful boat!
          www.nwboatsports.com
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

• Took the boat out for the first time today with the dealer. First time filling up the ballast and the fittings on both rear bags popped off emptying all the water into the engine compartment. The fill hoses come in on the outside then go under the bags and connect to them on the inside of the bag putting stress on the connection when full. Not sure exactly what the fix kit includes but from what they can tell it’s new fittings and bags. However like everything else in this country they’re backordered. In the meantime we decided to swap sides with the bags. That puts the connections on the outside (same side as the hoses). Then when the bags fill the pressure from the bag pushes and hold the fitting in place against the outside wall. Hopefully that will get us by until the new bags and fittings come in. Anyone else having trouble getting the recall kits?

Comment

• My dealer says they'll have the new parts in a few days. MC seems to be pretty on top of it in my case but I'm sorry to hear you may not be in the same boat, no pun intended. I heard the new parts will include a new fill fitting and a new bag on each side. It also includes a check valve after the overflow port if your boat doesn't already have it (mine does). My dealer told me that they are supposed to chop the fill hose 12 inches to adapt to the new bag. My guess is that the new fitting is straight and connects to the side of the new bag towards the bottom vs beneath the bag. I think that's how they do it on the X series.

FWIW, I had no issues the first time we went out. The issues started when I had lead underneath the bags. I wonder if the lead put weird pressure on that fitting somehow. I think its probably just a coincidence given that other people have had the same issue.
              -Tolman
              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
              '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• I picked mine back up from its 20hr service yesterday, the new bags relocate the fitting to the top front area of the compartment. They also are screwing on a block off plate that prevents surf waves from coming into the engine bay area through a gap at the rear of the engine bay door. There was a brand new XT24 sitting in the shop getting a new motor installed due to a surf wave coming over the stern during a demo. The operator let off the throttle to quickly and it flooded the air intake seizing up the motor.

Comment

• Our repair is delayed until next Thursday due to another boat needing an emergent fuel tank repair. Hopefully won’t have any issues with it this weekend. I guess we will likely just not use the ballast.

Comment

• Does this new service bulletin apply to XT24 as well? I haven’t been notified of anything by my dealer.

Comment

• Yes it does we have an XT24

Comment

• Originally posted by zpacheco View Post
                        Our repair is delayed until next Thursday due to another boat needing an emergent fuel tank repair. Hopefully won’t have any issues with it this weekend. I guess we will likely just not use the ballast.
                        Zrlee suggested he had success swapping bags from port to starboard. Not a bad idea to prevent the fittings from coming off if you use the ballast before the service parts arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by aha2988 View Post
                          I picked mine back up from its 20hr service yesterday, the new bags relocate the fitting to the top front area of the compartment. They also are screwing on a block off plate that prevents surf waves from coming into the engine bay area through a gap at the rear of the engine bay door. There was a brand new XT24 sitting in the shop getting a new motor installed due to a surf wave coming over the stern during a demo. The operator let off the throttle to quickly and it flooded the air intake seizing up the motor.
                          How’s the plate look and where does that screw in. I would imagine that being unsightly and easy to hit! Did the dealer require you to do it! Not sure I’ll go for that. I know how to back off slowly from towing surfers so we don’t get rollers over the back.

Comment

• After our test drive a few days ago with our dealer we got it back on the water today. Flipping the bags worked out well for us for the most part. If you do this be aware that the vent hoses are now closer too and you have to watch them. Mine got in a bind and the hose kinked up not allowing air to escape. All I have to say is that those bags are well made. Surprised they didn’t bust with as much air as they had in them. Also reassuring knowing that even under that pressure the fill hose did not come off. We will shorted the vent hose for now and hopefully that’ll work until the kit comes In.
                            As for the rest of the day. Everything worked great and made for a nice day. The surf wave is unreal on both sides and easy to manipulate.
                            New tow rig pulled like a dream too with the 6.2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zrlee View Post
                              How’s the plate look and where does that screw in. I would imagine that being unsightly and easy to hit! Did the dealer require you to do it! Not sure I’ll go for that. I know how to back off slowly from towing surfers so we don’t get rollers over the back.
                              I'm curious as well. I don't know if the plate is even necessary... I was curious to see if we could take a wave over the back, so I set the profile to 7 and stopped abruptly. Only a tiny amount of water found its way onto the sundeck- nowhere near enough to come into the cabin. That was with full ballast, 400# of lead, and 7 people on board. Even if some water did creep into the vents, I cant see how water could get into the engine air intake as it is totally separate from the outside vents AND the top of it is hidden beneath the plastic engine cover. You'd have to have a scary amount of water in the engine compartment to hydro lock the motor. Now I could be understanding this totally wrong and be making a complete fool out of myself, but I find it hard to believe that taking a wave over the back can severely damage the motor.
                              -Tolman
                              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                              '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

I'm curious as well. I don't know if the plate is even necessary... I was curious to see if we could take a wave over the back, so I set the profile to 7 and stopped abruptly. Only a tiny amount of water found its way onto the sundeck- nowhere near enough to come into the cabin. That was with full ballast, 400# of lead, and 7 people on board. Even if some water did creep into the vents, I cant see how water could get into the engine air intake as it is totally separate from the outside vents AND the top of it is hidden beneath the plastic engine cover. You'd have to have a scary amount of water in the engine compartment to hydro lock the motor. Now I could be understanding this totally wrong and be making a complete fool out of myself, but I find it hard to believe that taking a wave over the back can severely damage the motor.
                                Thats what I was thinking… we’ve had ours loaded with 10 people, full ballast and surfstar at 7 and no water came up on the sun deck. I think something else was a factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X