No announcement yet.

2022 Xt23, Xt24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is another layer to the XT24 bulletin that makes it more difficult than the XT23. It's regarding the Starboard hardtank vent.
    www.nwboatsports.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

• Originally posted by Zrlee View Post
      How’s the plate look and where does that screw in. I would imagine that being unsightly and easy to hit! Did the dealer require you to do it! Not sure I’ll go for that. I know how to back off slowly from towing surfers so we don’t get rollers over the back.
      you can only see it when you open the engine bay door. it screws into the top lip of the bay.
      i'll try to remember to take some photos when i get the boat back again. The 6.0L air intake filter does not have a cover over it. in the images below I've shown where the plate mounts in blue.
      you can see if water flows through these gaps it will waterfall right onto the air intake circled in red just under the gaps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-25 114754.png
Views:	580
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	2703275 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-25 115201.png
Views:	589
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	2703274

Currently my boat is back at the dealer again today to have new Bags installed. The new coupling fittings on the bags really suck. Even after the service bulletin update both bags lower fittings on the bottom of the bags popped off after filling.

Speaking with the Shop manager i asked the question "didn't the update already call for new bags?" his response was
      "Only non fast fill ballast systems are getting updated bags, the update doesn't call for that in the Fast fill system on your boat but mastercraft has lost their minds if they think this is acceptable. You're getting two new bags and I'm fixing this my way"

really happy to have found good dealer support! I had the technician come hang out on the lake with me yesterday so he got to experience the flood effect first hand :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by aha2988 View Post

Speaking with the Shop manager i asked the question "didn't the update already call for new bags?" his response was
        "Only non fast fill ballast systems are getting updated bags, the update doesn't call for that in the Fast fill system on your boat but mastercraft has lost their minds if they think this is acceptable. You're getting two new bags and I'm fixing this my way"

really happy to have found good dealer support! I had the technician come hang out on the lake with me yesterday so he got to experience the flood effect first hand :-)
        That's insane. Props to you're dealer for taking care of you. My boat is scheduled for its work to be done on Wednesday and I'm just going to take the bags out and explain your story to them. Keep us posted with what your dealer does.
        -Tolman
        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

That's insane. Props to you're dealer for taking care of you. My boat is scheduled for its work to be done on Wednesday and I'm just going to take the bags out and explain your story to them. Keep us posted with what your dealer does.
          Best thing is to have them test it on the water before you pick it up, or have them go out with you to test their updates if you want to save yourself some time and ad some peace of mind. Check the coupling locations and just generally try to yank and pop them off. if there's any couplings located on the bottom of the bags they're likely to pop off again if the weight of the bag is on top of them. Its seems there's large differences in plumbing setups on these boats depending their build options so it could be different solutions per vessel.

its no fun to deal with the flood either, takes a good 20 minutes for the bilge pumps to clear the engine bay of water and you cant run the engine with the water at the drive belt level or the belt slips on the water pump drive pulley.

Comment

• Got this video update from the technician today at testing. Finally holding the extra 880 lbs successfully!

https://youtube.com/shorts/-VvqOh78lPQ?feature=share

wishing I was out there now

Comment

• So it turns out my boat came with the little plate from the factory. I guess that’s why my engine is alright after letting a wave crash into the back! lol
              Attached Files
              -Tolman
              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
              '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
                So it turns out my boat came with the little plate from the factory. I guess that’s why my engine is alright after letting a wave crash into the back! lol
                I would suspect the 6.2 cover on top would help prevent intake sucking water in as well if a wave did come in compared to the 6.0.

Nice engine you got there!!

Here's the fitting that goes on the bottom of the ballast bags in the 2022' XT series :

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-27 163133.png
Views:	461
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	2703510

and heres what it does when the bag that is on top of it fills with water:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-27 163216.png
Views:	515
Size:	827.2 KB
ID:	2703509

If you have these fittings on the bottom of your ballast bags you will need new bags that relocate the ports to the rear of the bag as well as look into a different fitting style.
                this would work fine on a hard tank that doesn't flex around the fitting when it fills up.

Comment

• Is it the same fitting on the new bags? If the new location is on the rear of the bag, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I just got back from dropping my boat off so I haven't seen what the recall work includes. I told the dealer about your experience and they said they were already planning on putting the new bags in, so that should hopefully save me from another headache. Bring on summer!!
                  -Tolman
                  '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                  '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Here are some pics from last Friday. New bags are in and everything is working as it should... happy day!

A attached a surf vid if anyone is wanting to get a better sense of what the wave is like. I'm 6' even and I think I had the wave on a 4. Three people on board plus 400# of lead

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_217786.jpg Views:	13 Size:	620.6 KB ID:	2704516

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_217787.jpg Views:	15 Size:	190.6 KB ID:	2704517

Attached Files
                    Last edited by TolCarMan; 05-10-2022, 10:18 PM.
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• That background is amazing.

The wave is pretty nice too.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                        That background is amazing.
                        I'm definitely not complaining. Utah's mountain lakes are pretty spectacular (that particular one is Deer Creek)
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                        '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Having same issues on rear bags. Dealer put in temp bags in for now as parts have not came in. The temp bags are only 400 lbs each. The waves seems quite a bit different. I can’t find the size of each rear stock bag. I have the XT 24 with standard fill not fast fill. Anyone know the stock size of each? Guessing these are quite a bit smaller.

Also, my port side pass through storage seems to be getting soaked every time we go out. Standing water, soaked all our dry clothes and towels. Wondering if the front bags are maybe leaking. Was only out for an hour and it’s soaked. Never took a bow wave or water.

Attached Files

Comment

• I think the stock bags weigh right around 700 lbs. Don't quote me on that... I came up with that because they're just a little smaller than the 910s I had in my X30.

As for the water on the port side, I suppose it could be a crack in your front tank, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. If you see water in that compartment, that means there is enough water in the bilge to seep into the storage areas. Test your theory by filling the front tank whilst looking for water through the bilge door. If everything is dry, it could be one of the rear tanks or a hose clamp somewhere, although I find that somewhat unlikely because it looks like your taking on a lot of water that the bilge can't keep up with. I would have the dealer look at it when you take it in for new bags. Ultimately they (usually) know best and it is likely under warranty.
                            -Tolman
                            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                            '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

• Went out today. Definitely an issue, either lingering from a few weeks ago when the rear bag issue happened or something else. The first picture above is from the lake yesterday. This video is from today sitting in the driveway. Taking to dealer tomorrow. I’m sure they will figure it out very quickly and fix. Just frustrating.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Finally got all my issues and ballast recalls completed. However, wanted to post this in case anyone else has had similar issues. The first trip out with new bags, connectors and hoses everything was great on fill. Once we were finished surfing and started to empty the ballast neither bag would empty. The weight of the bags shifted towards the back during surfing and crimped both hoses not allowing water to pump out. After a while I was able to get them empty. Took it back to the dealer and they confirmed that the hoses were the recommended length from MC. The cut about 3 more inches off each side and everything is great now.
                                With all that said, this wave is amazing! The new software is easy to use has great presets. This is my 3rd MC since 16’ and it’s by far the best wave. Being a big guy (6’5” 290lbs) it’s always tough getting enough push. Not a problem with this boat. Plenty of length and push and I’m not even on the steepest setting.
                                350 total lbs on the red rocket and on wave setting 5 and still plenty of push.

Comment

Working...
                                X