Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer
    replied
    Has anyone played around with different props on the XT23 & XT24? I'd be interested to know your findings.

Leave a comment:

• Zrlee
    replied
    Here’s a pic of our fix for the hoses. No more issues but you would think they would have this stuff figured out by now. I mean how long have they been plumbing in additional bags on top of hard tanks?!

Leave a comment:

• zpacheco
    replied
    Thank you. going to share this with my dealer. Glad to hear it seems like a fairly straightforward fix!

Leave a comment:

• Zrlee
    replied
    Exactly what mine looked like. I’ll get a pic soon of what it looks like after the dealer repaired it.

Leave a comment:

• zpacheco
    replied
    we are having the same problems with crimping since the bulletin. Here is a photo. It has caused the breaker to trip and definitely does not completely empty anymore. Talked to my dealer about it and hopefully will get it fixed soon. As long as the boat is still running and I am still able to use the ballast its not a huge deal for us. dont want to lose lake time! Still love the boat tho! I haven't noticed water getting into the port side storage, but will check on it next time at the lake
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Had the same exact issue with the bags not emptying. I said enough and cut the hose down myself. I also propped up some lead against the transom to keep the bags from shifting back. So far so good! I've been surfing a '21 X24 this past week and I like the XT23 wave just as much- these new boats are awesome (when they're working lol).

Leave a comment:

• Zrlee
    replied
    Finally got all my issues and ballast recalls completed. However, wanted to post this in case anyone else has had similar issues. The first trip out with new bags, connectors and hoses everything was great on fill. Once we were finished surfing and started to empty the ballast neither bag would empty. The weight of the bags shifted towards the back during surfing and crimped both hoses not allowing water to pump out. After a while I was able to get them empty. Took it back to the dealer and they confirmed that the hoses were the recommended length from MC. The cut about 3 more inches off each side and everything is great now.
    With all that said, this wave is amazing! The new software is easy to use has great presets. This is my 3rd MC since 16’ and it’s by far the best wave. Being a big guy (6’5” 290lbs) it’s always tough getting enough push. Not a problem with this boat. Plenty of length and push and I’m not even on the steepest setting.
    350 total lbs on the red rocket and on wave setting 5 and still plenty of push.

Leave a comment:

• ptrkgmz24
    replied
    Went out today. Definitely an issue, either lingering from a few weeks ago when the rear bag issue happened or something else. The first picture above is from the lake yesterday. This video is from today sitting in the driveway. Taking to dealer tomorrow. I’m sure they will figure it out very quickly and fix. Just frustrating.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    I think the stock bags weigh right around 700 lbs. Don't quote me on that... I came up with that because they're just a little smaller than the 910s I had in my X30.

As for the water on the port side, I suppose it could be a crack in your front tank, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. If you see water in that compartment, that means there is enough water in the bilge to seep into the storage areas. Test your theory by filling the front tank whilst looking for water through the bilge door. If everything is dry, it could be one of the rear tanks or a hose clamp somewhere, although I find that somewhat unlikely because it looks like your taking on a lot of water that the bilge can't keep up with. I would have the dealer look at it when you take it in for new bags. Ultimately they (usually) know best and it is likely under warranty.

Leave a comment:

• ptrkgmz24
    replied
    Having same issues on rear bags. Dealer put in temp bags in for now as parts have not came in. The temp bags are only 400 lbs each. The waves seems quite a bit different. I can’t find the size of each rear stock bag. I have the XT 24 with standard fill not fast fill. Anyone know the stock size of each? Guessing these are quite a bit smaller.

Also, my port side pass through storage seems to be getting soaked every time we go out. Standing water, soaked all our dry clothes and towels. Wondering if the front bags are maybe leaking. Was only out for an hour and it’s soaked. Never took a bow wave or water.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
    That background is amazing.
    I'm definitely not complaining. Utah's mountain lakes are pretty spectacular (that particular one is Deer Creek)

Leave a comment:

• lakedrum03
    replied
    That background is amazing.

The wave is pretty nice too.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Here are some pics from last Friday. New bags are in and everything is working as it should... happy day!

A attached a surf vid if anyone is wanting to get a better sense of what the wave is like. I'm 6' even and I think I had the wave on a 4. Three people on board plus 400# of lead

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_217786.jpg Views:	13 Size:	620.6 KB ID:	2704516

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_217787.jpg Views:	15 Size:	190.6 KB ID:	2704517

Attached Files
    Last edited by TolCarMan; 05-10-2022, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Is it the same fitting on the new bags? If the new location is on the rear of the bag, I suppose it doesn't really matter. I just got back from dropping my boat off so I haven't seen what the recall work includes. I told the dealer about your experience and they said they were already planning on putting the new bags in, so that should hopefully save me from another headache. Bring on summer!!

Leave a comment:

• aha2988
    replied
    Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    So it turns out my boat came with the little plate from the factory. I guess that’s why my engine is alright after letting a wave crash into the back! lol
    I would suspect the 6.2 cover on top would help prevent intake sucking water in as well if a wave did come in compared to the 6.0.

Nice engine you got there!!

Here's the fitting that goes on the bottom of the ballast bags in the 2022' XT series :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-27 163133.png
Views:	484
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	2703510

and heres what it does when the bag that is on top of it fills with water:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-27 163216.png
Views:	536
Size:	827.2 KB
ID:	2703509

If you have these fittings on the bottom of your ballast bags you will need new bags that relocate the ports to the rear of the bag as well as look into a different fitting style.
    this would work fine on a hard tank that doesn't flex around the fitting when it fills up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X