How To Get A X24 To Surf Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Get A X24 To Surf Well

Bought 2021 X24 Pretty Dissapointed Will Surf Wave Any Ideas To Make It Rock

List boat a little to surf side and use Surf Steep setting but bump speed to 11+ and you’ll be good. Doesn’t take much to make X24 very nice.

Comment

If you can’t surf well on a stock X24, it’s probably not the boat
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        Haha Aric is 100% Accurate.

On our star we run 350 lbs of lead under the tower on the port side and 200 lbs under the tower starboard (we primarily surf port) 50% starboard tab and 11.4 to11.6 MPH and the wave is fantastic.

X24 is arguably the best surf boat MC makes (maybe not even arguable, especially stock) but similar settings should give you a great wave. If you are running stock profiles the wave is usually a bit short because of the slower speed so bump it a bit and if you feel like you need it throw 300-400 pounds of lead under the tower with 100-200 pounds biased to the surf side.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
          lol... Aric for the win.....

Comment

X24 Surf settings

To reach max surf levels of the boat you need weight, either people, lead, or a combination of the two. Get that additional ballast to at least 1K. As said earlier, the steep settings work well and you can move your surf tab to 40-45%. The goofy side will be a little less than the regular side. Listing the boat will also have an impact. Nose up should be 10 degrees and the boat listing to the surf side 5 degrees. We use an app on a cell phone called “bubble app” that has a round level screen to check our setup. Setting the phone on the floor at the drivers feet while at surf speed, you should get readings for the two axis’. Move your ballast around until your boat is orientated to the proper degrees stated earlier. If light crew, start with at least 200# in the nose, a 100# under each rear bag, and 300# at the base of each tower. If your crew all likes to sit in the cabin of the boat to watch, move some more weight to the front to get the nose of the boat back down to a 10 degree nose rise. Adjusting the steep setting to 11.3-11.5 mph will stretch your wave out.

Using this setup, we have a long, clean wave that is waist high on a six foot rider. We also use auto launch to get to surf speed quickly.

Give this a try and give us some feedback on your success, enjoy!
            Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
            SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
            2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
            2021 MC XStar Red
            2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
            2020 MC XStar Blue
            2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
            2020 MC XStar Red/Black
            2020 MC XT22 Red/black
            2019 MC XStar Blue/White
            2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
            2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Blakey13 View Post
              The X24 should throw a killer wave stock...so I would verify that all of the pumps are working and ballast is full, override the ballast fill to make sure you are getting all tanks/bags full and water coming out the overflow. Note that you may get water coming out the overflow for the rear tanks well before the bags are full. This is normal. I even fill the switchback tank 100% full (although from the factory it is set to 75% full in order to help list to surf side).

As stated before, best results will be to put about 400 pounds biased to the port (left) side of the boat. This can be achieved with people sitting on that side, adding ballast, or worst case by dumping some ballast from the starboard side. Listing the boat this way will clean up the face of the wave.

From there, I find it best to bump the speed up to 11.2mph - the wave is a little soft at lower speeds.

you can use the max push setting, but listing the boat means you don't need as much surf tab. I try to use as little surf tab as possible to create a clean face of the wave. This slightly changes on the day and where weight is located that day... sometimes its 35% sometimes its 50%... don't be afraid to try out different tab settings, but I also try not to use any center tab unless I am super heavy that day.
              The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Blakey, not clear whether you are not getting a typical X24 stock wave or you just expected more? Either way maniacmike and blackngreen covered it above. If you haven't seen it, the X22 thread has impressive pics of how good new x boats can get. That post alone made me realize I needed a new boat. One thing to add is actuators not functioning correctly is common problem if you are not getting a clean wave.

Comment

[emoji1312] This is all excellent advice. The X24 is more sensitive to weight and weight placement than I would have expected for a boat that size but when it’s dialed in right it’s laugh out loud awesome 25ft back.

The best days for us are when we have 10 people out and lead to bump right up to the max weight.

If your swim deck is under water you’re doing it right.

BTW If you don’t like having big crews out wakemakers offers new bags for the back that hold more weight. Just be sure to reinforce the walls of your engine bay and the tops of your hard tanks if you get the biggest ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you reinforce top of hard tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by wallnut21 View Post
                      How do you reinforce top of hard tanks?

Good question. I’ll ask my friend who did this. I’ve seen his setup but only post installation. I assume he put a plate on top that distributes the weight to the structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How deep of water are you running in? Shallow water typically kills the wave.
                        2006 MasterCraft XStar
                        2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                        2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Originally posted by Blakey13 View Post
                          Put gas in it and push the thing on the right.

Comment

Blakey, whereabouts are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Fernie Bc Canada but have lake house on flathead lake Montana but in able to go because of border closures

Comment

Working...
                              X