Mastercraft Seattle losing dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
    My boat came from CMC so I can only repeat the story I was told as to why they cut ties with MC. They knew they would inherit the warranty work, but they were also told the build slots would be reduced from CSB and given to CMC, that didn't happen. I have no affiliation with either dealer and cannot validate these claims but you have to admit something was off with CSB. If everything were peachy I doubt a 2nd dealer would have been brought in on two different occasions. There are big markets like Atlanta being served by a single dealer. But I feel your pain, I am on my 3rd MC dealer in about 4 years. No stability here whatsoever. I went from 15 minute drive to a 3 hour drive.
    I agree that all signs point to something being off w/ CSB. However, I just don't know why. My experience, along w/ several others I know, has been very positive overall. It will be very interesting to see how the current dealership performs. They are selling Centurion & Mastercraft, and were pushing Centurion hard prior to them offering Mastercraft. I chatted w/ one of the salesman at the last boat show in Charlotte and he straight dogged MC. Come to find out, it was the owners son. I'm assuming he's changed his tone a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by skydyvyr View Post
      I know some on here have had their issues with Mastercraft Seattle, but they have been very good to me. Always excellent service, friendly and very knowledgeable.

I just got an email saying that effective July 1, 2021, Mastercraft will not be renewing their dealership. It’s a sad day for me. I guess I better start getting to know the guys at Lake Union Marine.

I wondered if something was up when they picked up Tige during the off season…

—Sky
      It is sad to see them go but they are still around just not representing the MC brand. That doesn't mean they can't work on our out of warranty boats that many of us have because we can't afford a new boat. The people are still there, for the most part.

I have had great service from them and find them very knowledgeable.

Prior to MasterCraft Seattle losing the line, Union Marine could only work on Illmor engines and not the Indmar brand. Wonder if that will change?
      2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Seattle Mastercraft has always treated me like their best customer. This only improved since the new ownership took over a few years back. Other than basic service, a few parts I’ve installed myself and maybe a couple of pro shop items, I’ve never bought anything from them. When I call they greet me by name, know my boat, etc. I get that this could be handled by callerID, but doesn’t explain how they recognize me when I walk up to their booth at the boat show, or in the front door of their dealership.

I would get this if I spent a ton of time in their shop, or bought a new $200k boat from them every year, or if I was their only customer, but clearly neither is true. IMHO, they are just that good, and if they are using some sort of facial recognition system to tell them who I am when I walk up, kudos to them for making my dealership experience so great.

My boat is out of warrantee, so they will continue to work on it for me. It’s just sad that I’ll have to look somewhere else for parts.

—Sky
        ------------------------------------------------
        2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
        2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
          That is true. Locally our MC dealer has sold not only every MC they have, but every used boat they have, every pontoon they have, and really everything they have.

Heck they've sold all the dock.
          You think this is just MC in this market?
          Idk why they aren’t making boats 24/7 or maybe they are. Who cares.
          But I can say Bakes Marine here in town is empty too.
          If This wasnt the last summer our oldest boy is at home, I would sell the boat truck and camper and make some money!
          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

I'm pretty sure that it's model change over right now. Belcher truckings parking lot only has 4 boats in it where normally there are 20 to 25 at a time.
            Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

What I don't get is if they lost the MC line because they took on Tige and ATX, then how does a dealership like Northwest Board Sports in Portland, OR exist with MC, Centurion, Supreme and MB? That makes no sense - have 4 competing boat lines. Usually you'll see a dealer carry a Wake/Surf/Ski mfg along with a pontoon mfg and they a runabout style of boat.
              2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                Yes they were. Right up to and including last year I believe.
                Yes they were and MasterCraft wanted them to commit to 80 boats a year for the next 5 years I belive

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                  You think this is just MC in this market?

Idk why they aren’t making boats 24/7 or maybe they are. Who cares.

But I can say Bakes Marine here in town is empty too.

If This wasnt the last summer our oldest boy is at home, I would sell the boat truck and camper and make some money!

I doubt that MC is able to flex their manufacturing from the pre pandemic 4 day a week schedule to 24/7 even if the demand is there. They have labor and supply Chan issues that prevent that “quick” response to customer demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two things, I think they might have been aware of the impending loss of their MC dealership earlier (and actively trying to change the decision) but wouldn’t be surprised if bringing Tige online was a defensive move on their part. Losing MC without another watersports line to replace it would be the end of their business. Unlike Lake Union Marine, before adding Tige, Mastercraft Seattle only sold Mastercraft and Crest, nothing else. On the other hand, Lake Union Marine sells SeaRay Bayliner, Bennington, Boston Whaler, Monte Carlo and oh yes, Heydey. It seems like the move from brand focused dealer to one with so many (competing in some cases) brands would not be in their best interest. When you walked into Mastercraft Seattle, everything had an MC logo on it, that won’t ever be the case an Lake Union Marine.

Second, while they lost MC, they are still a Crest dealer… I would have thought that both brands would move together. Based on his thread, along with what just happened in our market, it doesn’t appear that there is a really well thought out distribution strategy/approach at MC.

Really unfortunate.

—Sky
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    2006 X-1 Pumpkin Orange SOLD
                    2013 X25 Black, Green & Orange

Comment

Working...
                    X