Under bimini surf sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under bimini surf sleeve

I recall some discussion on the forum about a new option for surf sleeves sewed into the underside of the bimini as opposed to the add on sleeves for the top of the bimini becoming an option on 2021.5/2022. I didn't see any mention of them or pictures of them in the new xt23 and xt24 launches, anybody seen them or heard anything?

Wondering if the MC bimini surf sleeve would work beneath the bimini. Gonna give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
      Wondering if the MC bimini surf sleeve would work beneath the bimini. Gonna give it a shot.

Watch those fins! Either they’re gonna scratch your bimini or your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were in a photo shoot boat, 2021 Volt Yellow and Silver XT22, that had the under Bimini board storage system. It consisted of nylon straps with plastic buckles that were sewn into the underside of the Bimini. The straps were a little larger than what is used to tie down the sides of the boat covers. We loaded them fins down, in board socks. My son-in-law is 6’5 and claims he never came in contact with the boards during the week long trip we had in Arizona this year. I am sure he was careful. I am 5’10” and did not have an issue. The straps kept the boards tight to the outside edges of the Bimini and we loaded them fins forward so they were over the dash and out of the walkway to the front. Boards appeared to get just as hot as being on top of the Bimini when we did not use a board sock. All boards were SoulCraft models. None experienced and issues due to heat buildup. We have been told the under Bimini system will be available in 2022 models, possibly standard on all tops.
        Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
        SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
        2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
        2021 MC XStar Red
        2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
        2020 MC XStar Blue
        2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
        2020 MC XStar Red/Black
        2020 MC XT22 Red/black
        2019 MC XStar Blue/White
        2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
        2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Solid intel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Under bimini surf sleeve

Speaker cans get in the way of aft sleeve loading with sleeve tethered undersides. It would work in a pinch say at Powell or in triple digit temps to reverse the sleeve underneath, but it isn’t ideal. Slings too low but that solves the fins clearance, just not head clearance.

Neal posted an aftermarket below bimini rack that was slick will try to find it. Interested to see MC’s version but presume it is still only a layer beneath the sun, would like some air between the board and Bimini. We already use socks to help keep the sunbake off.

Comment

Thanks BnG and moose. Sounds like I may be able to modify my current Bimini vs buying a new one. Hopefully will see the finished product from MC soon.

Comment

Really like this Idea! Thanks Guys! Really good point re Speaker Can's getting in the way, I could have one made that if front(bow) loading if the can's really get in the way and make it unusable

Comment

Under Bimini board storage

Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
                  Really like this Idea! Thanks Guys! Really good point re Speaker Can's getting in the way, I could have one made that if front(bow) loading if the can's really get in the way and make it unusable
                  The MC version is not a sleeve. It is only two straps per side. Loading/unloading boards is not an issue with speaker can interference. The boards are loaded from the bottom, not slid into a sleeve. It would be very simple to have an upholstery shop sew these straps into an existing top. I also recall the buckles on the straps were covered with a Velcro wrap. Presumably to protect the boards from the buckles. On an X24, the under Bimini stored boards are much easier to get to than the on top surf sleeve for those who are under 6 foot tall.
                  Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
                  SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
                  2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
                  2021 MC XStar Red
                  2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
                  2020 MC XStar Blue
                  2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                  2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                  2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                  2019 MC XStar Blue/White
                  2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
                  2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Under bimini surf sleeve

Neil posted this version a while back, looks slick.

https://hyperryddesigns.com/shop/ols...head-surf-rack

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...25&postcount=5

Comment

Working...
                    X