Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When X24 fuel management says 4 gallons left is that exact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When X24 fuel management says 4 gallons left is that exact?

We ran very low on gas yesterday as the local pump was down. Fuel management computer said 4 gallons left when we docked, is there any kind of safety margin held back there or is it really 4 gallons to zero?

Bonus question, is it more fuel efficient in terms of miles per gallon to get just to on plane speed and cruse or go slow no wake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea about the fuel management but gallons per hour is all about rpms

https://www.boattest.com/boat/mastercraft/x24-2020

You will see what their test shows for your boat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The fuel pump has to submerged in gasoline to stay cool, so at least in my boat I have a margin of 20 gallons left when on empty.

Cruising: Boattest.com is a good resource to see what cruising speed was most efficient for any boat. For me, it’s about 24-5 mph and 3500-3600 rpm for my boat/engine/transmission/prop combo and have to account for load of people and gear too, so lotsa variables.

2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor PowerTower

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        The fuel pump has to submerged in gasoline to stay cool, so at least in my boat I have a margin of 20 gallons left when on empty.

Cruising: Boattest.com is a good resource to see what cruising speed was most efficient for any boat. For me, it’s about 24-5 mph and 3500-3600 rpm for my boat/engine/transmission/prop combo and have to account for load of people and gear too, so lotsa variables.

2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor PowerTower

Helpful thank you!

Comment

I personally know from our common usage that I need to fill the gas tank at least every 2 half-days on the water or every full day to be safe. It’s insurance on not getting stranded.

Comment

Originally posted by family_man View Post
            No idea about the fuel management but gallons per hour is all about rpms

https://www.boattest.com/boat/mastercraft/x24-2020

You will see what their test shows for your boat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fascinating data, thank you! Looks like 7mph at 1500 rpms is most efficient.

Comment

Fuel Management should leave out a reserve. Our Fuel Management sees full as 48.2 gallons, but the tank is 60 gallons. The delta being what the fuel pump needs to stay cool, so while its possible to run it after the fuel management tells you its empty, it isn't wise.
              2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Working...
              X