Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actuator on XT23 Dead! AGAIN!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Actuator on XT23 Dead! AGAIN!!!!!

    This is the second one that has died. Someone here said that user fourforty has a potential solution but I’ve checked his profile and tried the Search for finding the post but can’t.

    A few things.

    Dealer replaced first one. I understand that Lenco actuators get water in them and that that may be the issue. I see the Alert in diagnostics on the screen and tried resetting but it’s stuck in down position. The Lenco trouble shooting guide says to pull apart the clip and test it by linking the wire directly to the battery as it will bypass the switch. Of you reverse the wires it will go up and reverse again it will go down. But, I cannot see where that connector wire is located. It’s a little grey connector.

    Anyone have any insight into this or am I wasting my time. These actuators SUCK.
    ____________________
    2017 XT23 - Software & Racing. Great combo. I use our app to maintain my XT23. Enjoy! hu48f.app.link

  • #2
    Here’s the thread with the new billet actuators that are the warranty replacement for the weaker Lenco units.

    The billet actuators look bombproof as long as the seals are good.

    https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=107860
    2022 XSTARS
    2020 X22
    2019 XT22
    2017 XT20

    Comment


    • #3
      Feel your pain. Both my surf tab Lencos died. Dealer found water in both of them. Waiting for new actuators to be flown in by Mastercraft.



      Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stevext23 View Post
        This is the second one that has died. Someone here said that user fourforty has a potential solution but I’ve checked his profile and tried the Search for finding the post but can’t.

        A few things.

        Dealer replaced first one. I understand that Lenco actuators get water in them and that that may be the issue. I see the Alert in diagnostics on the screen and tried resetting but it’s stuck in down position. The Lenco trouble shooting guide says to pull apart the clip and test it by linking the wire directly to the battery as it will bypass the switch. Of you reverse the wires it will go up and reverse again it will go down. But, I cannot see where that connector wire is located. It’s a little grey connector.

        Anyone have any insight into this or am I wasting my time. These actuators SUCK.
        The connector should be close to the actuator- that would make it easier to produce harnesses that don't have a lot of excess wire, but you should be able to do this at the switch end, too.

        Someone should ask for the current draw spec for the actuators- if the switch contacts are burning, they should use relays AT the end closest to the battery. It's not rocket surgery.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WolverineFW View Post
          Feel your pain. Both my surf tab Lencos died. Dealer found water in both of them. Waiting for new actuators to be flown in by Mastercraft.



          Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
          That's ridiculous- my friend has an '89 Carver and the original tab system is intact, with no problems (aside from not working because someone unplugged the pump).

          Comment


          • #6
            MC is pathetic. Our dealer has been waiting for an ETA on the OLD actuators forever (they tell me) and MC also has NONE of the NEW actuators (they say) to ship. Furthermore, MC will NOT replace BOTH actuators, so I am going to have this new metal one on the right side, and the older (and also replaced) Lenco POS on the left side.

            What a joke. I'm pretty much done with them. All around pathetic. Loads of failures on the original design, and now they have NEITHER in stock for a 17' XT23. JOKE
            ____________________
            2017 XT23 - Software & Racing. Great combo. I use our app to maintain my XT23. Enjoy! hu48f.app.link

            Comment


            • #7
              Everything is backordered everywhere. It is not just boat companies but everything. I am waiting on my neighbor's tractor to get fixed after he cut the bank down so I could roll me new boat lift into the water. Lift is in but bank needs to be put back. He needs a wheel rim for a JD tractor and there are none in the US to be had for his size tractor. I needed some accessories for my boat lift and the dealer said they literally can not get anything until fall. Oh and they have zero pontoons for sale in their showroom. Everyone they had was sold.

              Comment


              • #8
                Makes you wish for the return of analog, doesn't it?!
                ¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I read this somewhere and I count myself as someone who agrees with this.

                  “people everywhere are fed up with Covid as an excuse for bad service”.

                  There is no excuse for not having a replacement for lots of things in this world. This item and yours included.
                  ____________________
                  2017 XT23 - Software & Racing. Great combo. I use our app to maintain my XT23. Enjoy! hu48f.app.link

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It took 5 months for ford to get my radiator mount for my 2020 explorer when I hit a deer. We had a hydraulic tube supplier about to shut our factory down because they couldn't get people to work on their assembly line, so we sent our own workers up there to build our tubes.

                    So if lenco or whoever is the new design supplier isn't shipping parts to MC, it's MC's fault? I think every boat manufacturer uses Lenco. MC is the first one I know to go to a different supplier, probably due to failures.

                    On top of shipping backlog, the government has also been paying people a lot of money to not work. Hopefully now that the extra payments are ending, those people come back to work. When you add in the older people in the workforce that decided to retire during the covid situation, there just aren't enough workers right now. It sucks, but unfortunately covid effects are real still.

                    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Also, my lenco actuator acted up last year, so I ordered a replacement on Amazon. Have you tried there? If you can get one there, then shame on MC. If you can't, then maybe it's not all on them?

                      Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You hit the nail on the head. The government paying people to do nothing is the issue here. It’s ridiculous. I personally know so many people dragging their feet to go back to work because of free money.
                        ____________________
                        2017 XT23 - Software & Racing. Great combo. I use our app to maintain my XT23. Enjoy! hu48f.app.link

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stevext23 View Post
                          You hit the nail on the head. The government paying people to do nothing is the issue here. It’s ridiculous. I personally know so many people dragging their feet to go back to work because of free money.
                          EXACTLY! I could be "making hay while the sun shines" right now.... have a huge yard of equipment, and have excuses for material deliveries if that becomes a contract issue, but I can't bid more projects because there simply aren't people willing to work. In 20+ years I've never had to advertise so hard to fill jobs where I'm literally offering to take someone off the street and train them while they work half the time and I pay them to go to school the other half, +401k, +insurance... paid full time.

                          ..... because it's easier to stay home......

                          SMH

                          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stevext23 View Post
                            Well I read this somewhere and I count myself as someone who agrees with this.

                            “people everywhere are fed up with Covid as an excuse for bad service”.

                            There is no excuse for not having a replacement for lots of things in this world. This item and yours included.

                            I mean yeah, aren't we all tired of hearing that?!?! Just because we are "tired" of hearing it doesn't mean that supply chains aren't still being impacted.....

                            I'm sure that if these manufacturers could crank out all the product that is currently in demand, they would love to sell it to the consumers. It's not like they are just sitting on product saying "nah, we don't want to sell to him."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Stevext23 View Post
                              MC is pathetic. Our dealer has been waiting for an ETA on the OLD actuators forever (they tell me) and MC also has NONE of the NEW actuators (they say) to ship. Furthermore, MC will NOT replace BOTH actuators, so I am going to have this new metal one on the right side, and the older (and also replaced) Lenco POS on the left side.

                              What a joke. I'm pretty much done with them. All around pathetic. Loads of failures on the original design, and now they have NEITHER in stock for a 17' XT23. JOKE
                              Hang on a minute let me try and summarize this


                              1. You’re mad at MC because suppliers can’t produce/ship these to them
                              2. They won’t replace an actuator that’s not broken


                              You’re wearing red goggles. Take them off and relax.
                              Aric


                              LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                              Register Here

                              2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:
                              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X