Ballast pump replacement cartridge confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballast pump replacement cartridge confusion

I've got 40 hours on my 2021 NXT20 and so far I've blown a trailer tire and yesterday port ballast fill pump failed. When I got home I wanted to get a replacement ASAP so I started to research a replacement and come to find out that that pump motor is rated for 24VDC not 12VDC. The number stamp on the Attwood Tsunami pump is 4613 and also stamped on the pump is it's rating at 27.2 VDC. I didn't go back to the boat to see if this was typical on each pump. I ordered a Attwood #4624-6 which is described as a 12VDC replacement for the T1200 pump or is there a reason why the pump is 24VDC and should have I ordered a 4625 as the replacement?

Here's a pic of the pump motor and the description from the Attwood catalog.
    Attached Files

It should still be under warranty. These pumps suck. We have had to have several replaced under warranty and another went out a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by allzway View Post
      It should still be under warranty. These pumps suck. We have had to have several replaced under warranty and another went out a couple of weeks ago.
      I contacted my dealer for a replacement, but without the pump we can't surf so I ordered some on my own. I ordered another one that I can connect to a battery and pump the bags out if I need to. It's a bad design to have the drain pump behind the ballast bag, If the drain pump fails with the bag full there's no way to change it out with a full bag. So I wanted a way to drain the bag through the vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripler View Post
        I contacted my dealer for a replacement, but without the pump we can't surf so I ordered some on my own. I ordered another one that I can connect to a battery and pump the bags out if I need to. It's a bad design to have the drain pump behind the ballast bag, If the drain pump fails with the bag full there's no way to change it out with a full bag. So I wanted a way to drain the bag through the vent.
        I do carry spare pumps now and one for the 12v accessory plug.

Our NXT22 has a fill pump and an empty pump for each side. I just googled the part and ordered them from Amazon.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by allzway; 07-06-2021, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X