anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anchor

Any recommendations on what anchor fits well in an X24 front locker?

Anchor

We use a box anchor. When collapsed, the line rolled up, and everything in the bag, it all easily slides down into the compartment.
    Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
    SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
    2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
    2021 MC XStar Red
    2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Blue
    2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
    2020 MC XStar Red/Black
    2020 MC XT22 Red/black
    2019 MC XStar Blue/White
    2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
    2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Box Anchor is the only thing I will ever use! I sit back and relax when the wind picks up and every one in party cove loses their bite with their other anchors and float towards the rocks. Heck I even hold my X22 and my buddies SG550 a 23+' wake boat with our anchor.

Fyi don't get the small box anchor. For these wake boats you need the bigger one even though the small is rated for up to 25' it rating them at the lighter 25' boats.

Another good thing about the Box anchor is that it uses way less line to set and keep you set than a traditional anchor. Traditional anchors need 10' of chain and a 3:1 scope (30' of rope for 10' deep of water, or 60' of rope in 20' water) and with wind they need 4:1. Box anchors only need 2:1 and no chain.

Comment

Box anchor it is... Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I use the Fluke style. Just measure the distance between the securing pivots in the bow anchor storage area. It locks nicely into place. The biggest advice for that style anchor is you MUST have a leader chain and enough rope as almost any anchor will not hold if you are directly over the anchor. https://www.wholesalemarine.com/supe...?sku=T-D-95100
          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by rgy3500 View Post
            Any recommendations on what anchor fits well in an X24 front locker?
            Box anchors are great. Your home lake should determine what type of anchor you buy, what is the bottom of the lake you boat on most?
            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

I have tried several different types over the years. Box anchor is the best I have ever used.

Comment

Depends on the bottom you are anchoring into, Limestone, rock bottom a Box anchor is pretty useless. Sailboats that go around the world use this style.
                Attached Files

Comment

I like my box anchor but for 90% of the times we use an anchor it has been overkill for me. A fluke anchor that fits in the storage area is my go to. It's lighter, easier throw out and retrieve, and I just got tired of unfolding and folding the box anchor every time I used it.

Comment

Originally posted by LD50 View Post
                    I like my box anchor but for 90% of the times we use an anchor it has been overkill for me. A fluke anchor that fits in the storage area is my go to. It's lighter, easier throw out and retrieve, and I just got tired of unfolding and folding the box anchor every time I used it.
                    I agree. I love my box anchor when it gets rough, or when I'm crammed in with others and don't want to risk dragging... but 9 times out of 10, I reach for my 20 lb coated navy anchor in the front center of the boat simply because its faster and easier to deploy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s only two things I lose the constant battle over aboard.

First is the permanent clusterfack of the glovebox.

The second is getting my doo dads caught up in the bear trap of a box anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is only one lake I go to that has a rocky bottom where I can’t use my box anchor. The other 99% of the time the box anchor is choice.
                        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Box Anchor is my choice- has never let me down
                          now the folding and unfolding- take the good with the bad
                          But, it works!
                          Mike D.
                          05- X9
                          06- X9

Comment

Has anyone tried the baby size? I have been in decently strong currents with wind and the small is LOCKED in so well that it makes me wonder if the baby would work? the small is 12 x 12 the baby is 10x 10. The slight weight reduction might make it easier to handle for my wife or kids.

Comment

Originally posted by pmikler View Post
                              Has anyone tried the baby size? I have been in decently strong currents with wind and the small is LOCKED in so well that it makes me wonder if the baby would work? the small is 12 x 12 the baby is 10x 10. The slight weight reduction might make it easier to handle for my wife or kids.
                              i was just doing some reading on malibu crew this afternoon in prep for a trip with the boat in a couple weeks
                              seems like most of the larger boats on there use the "small" and many folks mention being able to tie up multiple 23' boats to a single small.
                              that makes me think for a smaller boat (im thinking of our x9) a baby one would be plenty.

planning on building a setup similar to this for the trip - using a baby box
                              https://youtu.be/hvkRbCnhVog

a box anchor, two danik hooks, an anchor buddy, and a parallel line. seems like the stretch of the anchor buddy could really help keep the box planted firmly on the floor

Comment

Working...
                              X