2022 X Star S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOR- That is a very sexy machine!!

If I may ask one question- I always kinda wonder why folks still opt for the S85 tower speakers sometimes. Any specific reason you picked them over the S80s? I'm guessing it mostly came down to just preferring the looks of the S85 cans? I might be in the minority in actually liking the look/style of the S80s better, and I always considered it a win that I got my preferred look, and that they are much cheaper.
    Last edited by FourFourty; 05-04-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	E37E4379-F821-479F-88E6-F7F3EF3E4664.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	2704032 Click image for larger version

Name:	26016019-1E1F-4866-9514-EA1D21857763.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	2704030 Click image for larger version

Name:	FEF2A6B4-042D-4D61-B074-0EF926184662.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	2704031 Finally had a break from the rain, so brought her home…
      That is one beautiful ride. Classic and timeless!!
      2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

• The interior is one of the best I've ever seen. Home run.

Comment

• Congrats MCOR, she is spectacular. Interested in your feedback on the water. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
            MCOR- That is a very sexy machine!!

If I may ask one question- I always kinda wonder why folks still opt for the S85 tower speakers sometimes. Any specific reason you picked them over the S80s? I'm guessing it mostly came down to just preferring the looks of the S85 cans? I might be in the minority in actually liking the look/style of the S80s better, and I always considered it a win that I got my preferred look, and that they are much cheaper.
            Thanks! Definitely worth the wait…. I was vacillating between Beach Tan and Sandstone, hence my earlier questions to you on that. Glad we went Sandstone as I love the contrast with the Seadek and the lighter color makes it look more open, I think. My daughter thinks it’s anemic looking…

I went with the S85 because I like the proportions of the housing on the 85 to the cylindrical 80 since we were only doing two speakers and my wife wanted the front lights. Not that we surf at night, but she’s safety conscious and having the lights during those dusk/dark times cruising around when she’s driving makes her feel better. More being seen more than anything.
            2022 XSTARS
            2020 X22
            2019 XT22
            2017 XT20

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8DD6387A-F6AA-4A3B-8BF5-29F5D9F4B3C0.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	2704101
              Originally posted by SteveO View Post

That is one beautiful ride. Classic and timeless!!
              Two Xstar S’s left that day. The owners of the black one were at the dealer the same time we were. He said his was the “Rebel” ours was the “Classic”. Both work!
              2022 XSTARS
              2020 X22
              2019 XT22
              2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                The interior is one of the best I've ever seen. Home run.
                Thanks! We really like it. My daughter will come around to tolerating it…
                2022 XSTARS
                2020 X22
                2019 XT22
                2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                  Congrats MCOR, she is spectacular. Interested in your feedback on the water. Cheers.
                  Thanks Moose! I’ll let you know how she runs. Can’t wait to take her out…

Anyone use lead? If so, how much and where did you place it. I was going to try stock first, then go from there.
                  2022 XSTARS
                  2020 X22
                  2019 XT22
                  2017 XT20

Comment

• Man, with lead that thing is going to be an (anemic) monster! Excited to hear your review

I actually really dig the Sandstone. Your daughter's comments really made me laugh though
                    -Tolman
                    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• MCOR- Gotcha, makes sense! I forgot you can put lights in the S85s!

Originally posted by MCOR View Post

Thanks Moose! I’ll let you know how she runs. Can’t wait to take her out…

Anyone use lead? If so, how much and where did you place it. I was going to try stock first, then go from there.
                      I have 300lbs in my boat. I put 150lbs up in the front, because none of my crew sits up front while surfing anymore. We all just hang out in the main lounge so everyone can chat). And I also put 150lbs under the observer seat to offset the list from prop torque. In my 2022 I backed that down to 100lbs under the observer seat (250lbs total), because I have the 3rd battery for the stern thruster.

I also run center bags though too. That adds another 600lbs. Definitely overkill if we have 4-6 or more in the boat, but the extra weight is nice for my frequent weekday sets when there is only 2 or 3 of us out there.

Comment

I have 300lbs in my boat. I put 150lbs up in the front, because none of my crew sits up front while surfing anymore. We all just hang out in the main lounge so everyone can chat). And I also put 150lbs under the observer seat to offset the list from prop torque. In my 2022 I backed that down to 100lbs under the observer seat (250lbs total), because I have the 3rd battery for the stern thruster.

I also run center bags though too. That adds another 600lbs. Definitely overkill if we have 4-6 or more in the boat, but the extra weight is nice for my frequent weekday sets when there is only 2 or 3 of us out there.
                        Thanks for the info and weight recommendations. We have the thruster too, so good to know on reduced weight required there. I’ll try some weight upfront, as like you’re experiencing, not everyone wants to sit in the bow when we’re surfing. Thinking to put 100lbs on each side centered under the tower legs as we usually go out with a crew of 2 adults and 2 teens. Would you recommend more than 100lbs per side?
                        2022 XSTARS
                        2020 X22
                        2019 XT22
                        2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post

Thanks for the info and weight recommendations. We have the thruster too, so good to know on reduced weight required there. I’ll try some weight upfront, as like you’re experiencing, not everyone wants to sit in the bow when we’re surfing. Thinking to put 100lbs on each side centered under the tower legs as we usually go out with a crew of 2 adults and 2 teens. Would you recommend more than 100lbs per side?
                          In addition to the weight up front and under observer seat? I think you will be in great shape with that setup. 400lbs total. 100lbs up under the center bow cushion, 100lbs next to the 2 main batteries, and then 100lbs under each tower leg, should work very nice. I'd just try to make sure you put them on a good rigid part of the tank (the ones near the tower legs).

You can always put more in the middle of the boat if you want, but I think youll find the wave to be huge with just the 400lbs. That way you don't have to carry much extra weight around all the time. The XStar is fantastic out of the box anyway.

Comment

In addition to the weight up front and under observer seat? I think you will be in great shape with that setup. 400lbs total. 100lbs up under the center bow cushion, 100lbs next to the 2 main batteries, and then 100lbs under each tower leg, should work very nice. I'd just try to make sure you put them on a good rigid part of the tank (the ones near the tower legs).

You can always put more in the middle of the boat if you want, but I think youll find the wave to be huge with just the 400lbs. That way you don't have to carry much extra weight around all the time. The XStar is fantastic out of the box anyway.
                            Thanks for this! I’m always appreciative of your firsthand experience and knowledge. Cheers!
                            2022 XSTARS
                            2020 X22
                            2019 XT22
                            2017 XT20

Comment

Working...
                            X