2022 X Star S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
    Do you have to buy a X-Star S to get the exhaust pipe? Or is the exhaust pipe standard on that boat and an option on the other models?
    Standard on X boats looks like
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      Standard on X boats looks like
      This is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        I’m so confused by the S. Even after watching the video. Not a new hull, standard features aren’t different, but seems to be headed to paragon type marketing? New line of a star just for some seats?
        Honestly it looks exactly like my X23, except for the curve in the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by wallos View Post
          Isn't this wave looking a lot bigger than past stock wave MC usually shows? Think Surfstar will make a difference or just pro ballast?
          Wave looks amazzzing. That's 3 z's.

Comment

I wonder if part of the reason they made the underwater surf exhaust standard was to address peoples complaints over the lack of punch from the Klipsch tower speakers? I've always thought the Klipsch system was decent quality but lacking in high end output/power when underway.

Removing most of the engine exhaust noise is a good way to make it sound a bit better without just going the standard WetSounds route and blasting it for the entire lake to hear. That also might give them more runway to try to make the Klipsch partnership work with better customer satisfaction.

Comment

So they will have an Xstar and XstarS? I saw 2 videos on the MC YouTube page...

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post
                I wonder if part of the reason they made the underwater surf exhaust standard was to address peoples complaints over the lack of punch from the Klipsch tower speakers? I've always thought the Klipsch system was decent quality but lacking in high end output/power when underway.

Removing most of the engine exhaust noise is a good way to make it sound a bit better without just going the standard WetSounds route and blasting it for the entire lake to hear. That also might give them more runway to try to make the Klipsch partnership work with better customer satisfaction.
                22 is the last year of the Klipsch deal. Keeping that in mind, hearing about the survey that went out recently is interesting. Can't wait to see where it goes.
                2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                  So they will have an Xstar and XstarS? I saw 2 videos on the MC YouTube page...
                  Thats what it looks like, the website shows the regular Xstar and the Xstar-s. They are the same boat aside from the lounge seats but the -s is being marketed as a surf specific boat it seems?

Comment

Rear loungers in the back of a star is blasphemy. All it needs now is a built in air compressor with 20ft retractable hose mounted on the transom to blow up tubes. Glad they at least give you a choice to keep it real.

Comment

[QUOTE=MC25;1575952]Those seats look comfy. Well done.

However I absolutely despise the X-Star marketed at surfing

Wait, this from a guy who is OK with 4-door Broncos and Mustangs?!?!

Comment

Why not, XStar handles great due to that big rudder, if you want to Surf NP, if you want to Wakeboard NP. Pulling a tube, now that's blasphemy , messing up the water in the cove for those actually doing Watersports..

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
                          Why not, XStar handles great due to that big rudder, if you want to Surf NP, if you want to Wakeboard NP. Pulling a tube, now that's blasphemy , messing up the water in the cove for those actually doing Watersports..
                          Well said!
                          2005 X45
                          2009 X45
                          2018 X46
                          2022 XStar-S

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                            Rear loungers in the back of a star is blasphemy. All it needs now is a built in air compressor with 20ft retractable hose mounted on the transom to blow up tubes. Glad they at least give you a choice to keep it real.

Great idea!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                              This is kinda off topic but I saw a brand new G23 at the lake yesterday and they were tubing for at least 2 hours. In fact, I didn't see them do anything but tube. Money well spent lol

Back on topic (kinda), I hope we see the surf exhaust become an option on the XT series. I'm sold on the XT23 but would love to have the quieter ride and cleaner air that the new exhaust offers.
                              -Tolman
                              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                              '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by bbenj10 View Post

As someone who has come close to pulling the trigger on the Mastercraft X22 (a few years back) and last year the X24, I can say adding the surf pipe/exhaust is a big deal. I’m not sure this is going to make a significant change from a decibel standpoint (as it relates to the Klipsch sound system) but it should improve the odor at the back of the boat (I’ll refrain from utilizing the phrase air quality because I do know the Ilmor burns clean). I have a 2021 G23 and had a 2020 before that and the one thing that bothered me about the Mastercraft was the smell at the back of the boat both with idling and at low speed (for the record I’m not just a Nautique homer as I love many things about the Mastercraft as well).

The integrated stern thruster is also genius, even if it is 12k. I know you can add it after market for less but it won’t be covered under warranty if something breaks or goes wrong. Based on what I can see from its placement in the video it also appears they’ve taken into account cavitation, which can be a huge problem. Whenever I have to launch with a stronger current or with the wind blowing (and where I live the wind blows frequently), the thruster can be a game changer. It’s been deemed the marriage saver in my household.

My honest preference has always leaned toward the Xstar as it comes with more standard features and I like the aggressive lines but trying to find one to demo is like looking for the great white rhino, so I never pulled trigger (I also still wakeboard, though the X22 wakeboard wave is quite underrated and an under appreciated piece of that package). Plus all our good dealers are a 2.5 to 3 hour drive from my location (I really don’t like one of the salesman at my closest dealer and refuse to purchase from him). The support I receive from my Nautique dealer is truly incredible and dealer support is everything. I’ve heard the Xstar wave and X24 wave are quite comparable, though I refuse to buy something I’ve never ridden behind, so the Xstar remains a mystery to me.

The lounge seats will definitely increase unit sales on the Xstar as well, though the rear locker storage in my opinion will be missed on the S edition. It may have been wiser for them to keep the rear locker storage and go with a more similar rear lounge seat configuration as the G23.

Mastercraft still has a Klipsch problem and need to add the paddle wheel feature for river currents. I demoed the X22 in a river with a fast current and it really struggled to adjust surf speeds compared to my G23.

The Surfstar system should hopefully solve some of the historical actuator and tab problems previous models have faced.

As a whole, I would say the 2022 upgrades to the X series boats, particularly the Xstar S were well thought out and addressed some shortcomings the competition had a clear edge on.

The surf wave on the new G23 hull design is pretty incredible but does require some additional weight over stock ballast (mainly to firm it up but that’s all about preference). Right now I’m running lead but will be adding subfloor ballast in the winter. To say the least, I was not happy when they announced the additional ballast to the 2022 models, considering I called and asked them to add it to my 2021 starting last November and they told me they didn’t have the ability to do this (I made it all the way to the president for Nautique boats on this matter). Either way, the change will be made and the wave is insane with the additional weight. The 2021 G23 wave is considerably more customizable than my 2020 G23 and much longer. That being said, the X24 wave is incredible as well and given what I’ve heard about the Xstar wave I imagine these changes will only bolster the Xstars standing in the wake world.

Comment

Working...
                                X