2022 boats launched today- how to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 boats launched today- how to choose

I have been looking at an X24 (currently on second x23) and saw the new boats drop today with some GREAT new options.. Price points on the X24, XStarS and X Star are all within $5K of each other.

Anyone have insight into which of these to choose for primarily surfing? Seemed odd to have them so close to each other.

Look forward to thoughts on this one.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I would want the surf pipe $0.02
    2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

A lot of this is going to come down to personal preference because these boats are similar in a lot of ways.

You get more standard with the x-star (fast fill ballast, dual screens, surf pipe etc) In theory the x-24 is the best surf boat in the line-up and has a slightly taller and longer wave than the star but I would argue from personal experience that the star when properly weighted has one of the best waves out there.

If you need 24 feet with a little more seating capacity then the x-24 might be the move, if not I love our x-star and now want the new -s for the lounge seats alone. We primarily surf and I would not trade our wave for anything out there.

Comment

Thanks all. Pipe is a nice option, and may help to keep the music down a bit. Always wanted an XStar, but thought it was out of my range. Now, not so much [emoji3]

Love other thoughts too. It almost looks like you could outfit all three nearly identically. I think that is what is causing questions for me. Clearly this is not about 'best value', but more about best wave.

Also, in case it matters, our crew is more surf style than wake style, so big and long waves are the search. Family is all x-ocean surfers (now that we are inland), so used to big drops and bottom turns - less wiggles.

Thanks again. Will be putting designs together tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
          I would want the surf pipe $0.02
          I believe it is standard on X and Star series boats.

Comment

You can’t go wrong, all are gonna be great!

We love our x24 but I wish I had thought more about our tow vehicle before picking it. X24 with triple axle trailer is 8100 lbs bone dry with no gear so with gear and a full tank of gas it’s easily 9,000 lbs. That means you need a legit truck to tow it safely rather than an SUV. If you already have a truck that might not be a factor though?

Have fun shopping!!

Comment

Thanks @djyas! We are on Lake Norman in NC, so as long as it is under 13000 lbs all up, it sits on our lift ready to play.

I was so ready for the 24, now these Stars are making it a decision. Honestly, it may come down to colors and that the 24 has port / stbd tilt up seats - which I think are fun!

The journey is the adventure.

Comment

On a lift is the great setup!

Excited for you ya!

Please let us know what you pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 boats launched today- how to choose

Given KK’s ocean background and surf focus, Imma gonna suggest mainline Xstar.

Add pro ballast, add bigger plug and play bags in copiously large rear lockers instead of loungers, and put up a Tsunami, Brah.

Shaka!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                    Given KK’s ocean background and surf focus, Imma gonna suggest mainline Xstar.

Add pro ballast, add bigger plug and play bags in copiously large rear lockers instead of loungers, and put up a Tsunami, Brah.

Shaka!

This will do it. We have 550lbs of lead and with 50% tab shes huge. If you go xstar and add weight keep it near the tower and not entirely at the back of the boat. Our wave is about waist high and super long w/ half a tank of has and 2-3 people in the boat.

Others on here will add up to 1000lbs and it holds shape well, just keeps growing. I personally prefer the xstar over the 24 but so much of that is subjective.

Comment

Which is why we have this place to discuss. (Thanks all). Appreciate all the opinions

Comment

I’m a 2020 G owner but recently saw the new x star s vids drop…so many things added that I’m now seriously considering one….thruster, lounge seats, surf pipe…great looking boat!

Comment

Not sure if we could not ever have the rear loungers after having them. I would say X24 if you plan on having more than 8 on a regular basis.

Comment

I have surfed extensively behind the X24 and Xstar, from stock - all the way up to 2,000+ pounds over stock. I think the waves are pretty similar, its really a matter of how the boat is setup. You can add more weight to the Star and make it legit, but you can also add more weight to the X24 and make it into a monster.

pound for pound, given similar setups, I would give the X24 a slight advantage over the Xstar. Wakemakers sells upgraded rear bags for the X24, add a little lead to the front to compensate and that wave is unreal.

All that said, I think I would not pick based on what wave is better...I would pick on what boat you like better.
                            The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

I like the idea of dropping into a monster [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                              X