No announcement yet.

2022 boats launched today- how to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it begins... Just listed my X23 in Charlotte. Now to decide on which of the 20 designs I have for the X24.

Got a ride from a friend last weekend. Sold me in 10 seconds.

I case you know someone...
    https://www.carolinawatersportsmarin...11286?ref=list

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KaanaKahuna View Post
      And so it begins... Just listed my X23 in Charlotte. Now to decide on which of the 20 designs I have for the X24.

Got a ride from a friend last weekend. Sold me in 10 seconds.

I case you know someone...
      https://www.carolinawatersportsmarin...11286?ref=list

Just curious where you got that price from, surely the dealership didn’t recommend that?
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        Just curious where you got that price from, surely the dealership didn’t recommend that?

I hope he gets every penny.

Boat prices are wild right now. NADA has my 2015 at great value.

I’m on the hunt I think now. Gotta see what my local dealer can do with new boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
          I hope he gets every penny.

Boat prices are wild right now. NADA has my 2015 at great value.

I’m on the hunt I think now. Gotta see what my local dealer can do with new boats

Nada has never been accurate though.

Boat prices are wild, but not that wild.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

For what it's worth...

- There are no X23s for sale in the region
            - We found 2 that were right around 150k in adjoining states, both 2018 X23s with between 125 and 165 hours

The list price when you are looking at used, as we all know, is a starting point. With supply chain issues, boat availability in question, and a hot boat market given a continuing CV19, we decided to start there.

In the end, I am trying to raise as much money as possible for the new boat. Time will tell, but what is also true is that you can never increase the sale price. So starting higher sometimes can surprise you.

KK

Comment

I've followed this thread from the owner of onlyinboards and find it gives good insight to the inboard boat market. I realize each local market is different and it only takes one buyer, but from a macro perspective there has been huge flood of boats to the market since the end of the summer.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809541
              05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
              15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by KaanaKahuna View Post
                For what it's worth...

- There are no X23s for sale in the region
                - We found 2 that were right around 150k in adjoining states, both 2018 X23s with between 125 and 165 hours

The list price when you are looking at used, as we all know, is a starting point. With supply chain issues, boat availability in question, and a hot boat market given a continuing CV19, we decided to start there.

In the end, I am trying to raise as much money as possible for the new boat. Time will tell, but what is also true is that you can never increase the sale price. So starting higher sometimes can surprise you.

KK

I hope that you get every penny for that beautiful boat. That only helps with resale on my X23.

Best of luck with the sale.

I’m on the fence with selling my x23. My problem is that my surf and wakeboard days have dwindled and we really want to be able to run to the islands in south Mississippi.

I’m really thinking about going into the center console market but even those prices are through the roof. I have a call into my dealer to talk about an x22 or Xstar. Curious to know delivery times.

Comment

If it sells for that I'm definitely listing mine. On Lake Norman as well. I don't think its a crazy price at all but our season here is coming to a close so that may be the only thing working against you.

Not to thread jack, but definitely surprised to see it listed on their site though. CWS told me they were not interested in trades and I know of another person that was told the same. Are they consigning it for you?

Jury is out on CWS. I've sat on a Centurion while one of their sales guys bashed MC and now they are our sole MC dealership in the region. The MC dealership instability over the last 3 years is a real problem.

Comment

@Mastercraftdave that's the plan. Working with my local dealer, we are shooting for an Oct / Nov order which should put delivery around Mar / Apr.

Yes, very much hopeful that I can help support a higher price point for the X23. It is a wonderful boat.

KK

Comment

@TarheelMC not a trade, it is consigned. Agree that the jury is a bit out on them, but from folks I have spoken with, they appear to be doing (not just saying) the right things.

Yes, today's temp drop is interesting. Though October is boat show season across the east coast. Again, time will tell. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Comment

That is one beautiful X23! I hope you get full asking as well. There are other X23's in the region though: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=108953

I have a friend who has his 2018 listed for $124,999 and my 2016 is listed for $115,000. I listed mine because like MastercraftDave, my boarding days are limited and I'm looking to get into something I can take offshore and do poker runs in.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                          I've followed this thread from the owner of onlyinboards and find it gives good insight to the inboard boat market. I realize each local market is different and it only takes one buyer, but from a macro perspective there has been huge flood of boats to the market since the end of the summer.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809541
                          Definitely feels like a lot of nice boats have been listed lately. As far as the OP's price, I also hope he gets it. My 2019 X22 is listed for nearly $10K less and I have only had one serious offer that fell through due to funding. I am about two hours from the OP's location. Granted I have not advertised mine much, but everyone I spoke too felt the price was fair and it would move quick. I will likely sit on mine until spring when more people are itching for a boat.

Comment

Okay so sorry for that rabbit hole. Though unless you are able to run a two boat program, I guess selling the current boat is still germane.

New question / opinions:
                            For seating I am torn between Odessa Coconut Brown and Sandstone. Sandstone I may not have to go coolfeel, but I have seen the Coconut live and it looks very rich and can likely hide all of the dirt.

Thoughts?

Comment

A friend in the PacNW feels his Odessa Coconut Brown gets too hot in the sun. Given your location, I'd lean towards the Sandstone. Odessa otherwise feels nice, is durable, and cleans up well.

Comment

I would go cool feel regardless. My interior is light colors, not coolfeel, and gets scorching hot. We will 100% go coolfeel on the next one.

Big fan of the coconut brown, beach tan, & sandstone. I don't see coconut getting too hot. I've been on another boat w/ black coolfeel and it was no where near as hot as my interior. I'm sure you've seen the XT24 and XStarS w/ tan interiors at CWS. Both are pretty sexy IMO. The thing I don't like about coconut brown is the floor options do not match as well as with the other tan options.

Comment

Working...
                                X