Should I get this repaired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get this repaired?

I ordered a new prop from ACME for my '13 X14V and had every intention on sending my stock prop back to ACME to get repaired. Under water, I could see/feel a couple small dings. Now that I have it on my kitchen table, I'm not sure if it's worth sending it out for repair.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Adding pics...

Comment

Yes, without a doubt (my US$0.02).

Doesn't seem like much (thus your post), but it doesn't take much to throw a vibration.

As much as anything, I'd want them to block it and make sure it is on specification all across the prop.

93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance. I try not to let cost drive my decisions with my boats...I figure you'll spend the money to fix it eventually. It may just be a shaft or strut or something worse.

Comment

Does acme offer free repair of the old one if you buy a new one like OJ does? If so, no brainer. If not, I'd say it depend on if its going back on the boat, or in the garage as an emergency backup... which it'll do fine for short time in a pinch. Just my opinion. I don't mind spending money, but I hate wasting it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

They can fix waaaay worse than that.
            2006 MasterCraft XStar
            2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
            2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Originally posted by BudmanV24 View Post
              They can fix waaaay worse than that.
              Understood. My question was more "should" than "could" it be repaired. As waterlogged said, probably a good idea to make sure it's in spec in addition to fixing the small dings.

I've got an OJ prop that came off my '83 that has all 3 tips bent over 90°. This too is getting repaired.

Comment

If the prop had a vibration then I would get it repaired. If not, then I wouldn't.
                -----------------------------------
                Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
                Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
                Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Get it repaired.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I have an OJ prop and I picked up a vibration last weekend at table rock. There were quite a few floaters out there so I assume I knocked into something.

My prop looks perfect. I bought a new OJ and OJ will "fix" my old one. Hoping it's just prop but paranoid it's something else... Apparent damage to my current prop is nonexistent.

Comment

Check with acme and see if they'll fix yours gratis - similar to OJ's program.
                      Last edited by cmasty; 07-08-2021, 01:15 PM. Reason: because i cant read

Comment

Working...
                      X