New Dimensions Tower (Bimini) Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dimensions Tower (Bimini) Question

I'm about to pull the trigger on a NDT tower, and I'm planning to add the Bimini Top option. Before I do, I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures, feedback, comments on how the Bimini Top functions, how much coverage it provides (how long is the top?), or any general information. I'm all ears! Thanks!

Jkski put an ND on this 08 197 and got the bimini option. It’s two pieces, front and back, and they snap to the tower and extend forward and back.

Hope these pictures help…. does this look like what their selling?

If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

This does help, thank you! Yes, it looks like their current product. Can you guesstimate about how far it is from the front of the top to the back when fully extended? A different question: is it hard to get the mooring cover on with how nice and tight the tower fits to the windshield?

Comment

Originally posted by Okon2 View Post
        This does help, thank you! Yes, it looks like their current product. Can you guesstimate about how far it is from the front of the top to the back when fully extended? A different question: is it hard to get the mooring cover on with how nice and tight the tower fits to the windshield?
        I personally cant help on the dimension on extended. There will be others that could provide that.

Second question, I have never seen, or remember, a struggle getting the cover on with tower being tight.

Comment

Gotcha! Thank you for your responses!

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
            I personally cant help on the dimension on extended. There will be others that could provide that.

Second question, I have never seen, or remember, a struggle getting the cover on with tower being tight.
            I had the ND Tower / Tower Biminis two piece combo on my Maristar. It works well, but I would reinforce the seam between the two bimini fabric pieces. My was a zipper on each side of the tow point. The zipper did not fail, but ripped away from the fabric.

Comment

I have the same ND tower/bimini that is shown on that 40th and I love it. Other than an engineering correction I had to do myself for it to fold properly, it is the best thing I've put on my 197 so far. On my boat it goes forward about as far as the windshield and back past the pylon by a little. Mind you that is a mini-tower. If you are getting the full sized tower I can't speak to that one.
              2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
              "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
              FJB

Comment

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
                I have the same ND tower/bimini that is shown on that 40th and I love it. Other than an engineering correction I had to do myself for it to fold properly, it is the best thing I've put on my 197 so far. On my boat it goes forward about as far as the windshield and back past the pylon by a little. Mind you that is a mini-tower. If you are getting the full sized tower I can't speak to that one.
                WOW, you have grown CP...

Comment

Awesome! That's great to hear! I just placed my order! I have a Maristar 245. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X