Raw water pump possible leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw water pump possible leak

I was flushing my boat with salt away (basically a soap that removes salt deposits) and noticed spam sop foam/bubbles coming out of the rear of the raw water pump (area right before it bolts to the pulley). I thought it was because I have a leak but then ran it with just water for 10 minutes and didn’t see a single leak. Is it just the pressure from the soap foaming up? Anything to worry about? Pump is not even 2 years old.

Check gasket at base of pump, not perfect seal there, maybe the soap bubbles over lubricated seal and slid by.. maybe time for new seal soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mrm2083 View Post
      I was flushing my boat with salt away (basically a soap that removes salt deposits) and noticed spam sop foam/bubbles coming out of the rear of the raw water pump (area right before it bolts to the pulley). I thought it was because I have a leak but then ran it with just water for 10 minutes and didn’t see a single leak. Is it just the pressure from the soap foaming up? Anything to worry about? Pump is not even 2 years old.
      Soap bubbles couldn't build up more pressure than the pump already does. If you have run it on a garden hose at more than about 1000 RPM for any length of time, it was starved, especially if you use a Fake A Lake.

Comment

Working...
      X