Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 205V/X2/X1 Deckdence owners? Couple questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 205V/X2/X1 Deckdence owners? Couple questions...

Curious how you handled the transition in the walkway from the bow back past the aft side of the KGB locker? They are not on the same plane and the bow floor sits a little lower, with a lip in between at the walkthrough.

Also, anybody with subwoofers under the dash? Currently have a carpeted false panel under the helm that I would also need to address and take into consideration. Assuming I can't just redo the panel with Deckadence as I believe it has to lay flat and can't be bent or folded. It that true?

Looking for pictures if anybody can help.

Thanks in advance.
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

Deckadence is more flexible than carpet. I've put it all my boats and saved the snap in carpets for when I sell the boats. It's fantastic....
    -----------------------------------
    Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
    Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
    Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Thanks JP, but do you see the backing (or lack of material) when you bend it at or past 90*?

In other words, could you use it to build a false wall or panel?
      ¡Viva 205V!
      2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Deckadence is the best marine flooring bar none in my opinion. If you are building a false panel with it you will need a wall. Its really flexible/pliable so it wont be rigid on it own but you can customize it to fit whatever shape you will need.

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
          Thanks JP, but do you see the backing (or lack of material) when you bend it at or past 90*?

In other words, could you use it to build a false wall or panel?
          I have scraps at the lake house so I can try that on Friday. I feel like it would be fine, but I'll try and post a picture on Friday.

Comment

Thanks JP, much appreciated.

Any other 205V hull owners who've tackled this? Curious about how to deal with the height difference and transition in the walkthrough to the bow.
            ¡Viva 205V!
            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Any other 205V hull owners who've tackled this? Curious about how to deal with the height difference and transition in the walkthrough to the bow.

I have Deckadence. My bow piece is separate from the other large piece. I will try to look for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not the best pics, but this was how mine turned out. I glued pontoon vinyl flooring down where carpet was removed. I wanted a finished look if the Deckadence was out.

Comment

Any 205V/X2/X1 Deckdence owners? Couple questions...

Deckadance is why more flexible. It is sooo much better than the carpet. Subs under dash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you install around the mid-floor ski locker hatch? Or do you just cover it over? We use that space as the trash can for empty beer cans so when the Game Warden or Constable comes looking he doesn't see a bunch of empties anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaff View Post
                      How do you install around the mid-floor ski locker hatch? Or do you just cover it over? We use that space as the trash can for empty beer cans so when the Game Warden or Constable comes looking he doesn't see a bunch of empties anywhere.

I have a ballast bag in mine so I’m not in it often. My Deckadence is all 1 piece but I was told you can cut it so it flaps open with the ski locker. I’d imagine it would work and lay flat. Probably never even see the cut in it to open your ski locker. If I need in mine I just flop it back

Comment

Ditto. I’m one piece. When I need it I flip
                        It back.

Comment

Here are a few pictures

Comment

Oh that's awesome, so it would totally work on the false wall. Thank you everybody for taking the time to respond and include pics.

I meet with the shop owner on 8/12 to discuss design, review vinyl samples and then the boat goes in on 9/16 for new vinyl and flooring.

Pretty sure I'm settled on Spradling over Morbern after receiving samples in the mail, but could come down to what he can source. I'm also trying to decide whether to do all carbon fiber texture (white pearl, silver/gray and black), or only do carbon fiber on accents.

Can't wait to get this done!
                            ¡Viva 205V!
                            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Oh that's awesome, so it would totally work on the false wall. Thank you everybody for taking the time to respond and include pics.

I meet with the shop owner on 8/12 to discuss design, review vinyl samples and then the boat goes in on 9/16 for new vinyl and flooring.

Pretty sure I'm settled on Spradling over Morbern after receiving samples in the mail, but could come down to what he can source. I'm also trying to decide whether to do all carbon fiber texture (white pearl, silver/gray and black), or only do carbon fiber on accents.

Can't wait to get this done!
                              Looking forward to see this. Take lots of before pics as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X