Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 2021 Sea Doo RXP-X - no ski pylon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just bought a 2021 Sea Doo RXP-X - no ski pylon?

    Was lucky enough to find one in stock and get it Friday.

    Bought the ski pylon to use with a wake skate or even the kids wakeboard. When I went to install it the forward holes are covered for the pylon brace and there is a sticker under the cover for pylon insert hole that says not to use the pylon.

    I can remove the padding covering the brace holes, but wondered if there was a structural reason not to use the pylon on the RXPX

    Does anyone have one and know more?

  • #2
    I would check on the Sea Doo forums, I'd think that gang would have the answer for sure
    08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've searched there, but came up with nada.

      Comment


      • #4
        Quick look the RXP X looks like a pretty high zoot performance model, and the SD accessories options do not show the pylon. Wondering if it just doesn’t have the structural support for the leverage from a ski pylon?

        Comment


        • #5
          I imagine a call to the dealer tomorrow will explain it, looking forward to the answer.
          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

          Comment


          • #6
            I thought it could be structural. But think it's more a liability issue since it's a 2 seater. I uncovered the holes for the brace, installed the pylon and we wakeboarded. It worked. Need to figure out how to set the max speed and other tweaks.

            We also figured out sport mode. Wow. It launches hard. Wow. Made a few quick blasts to 72 mph. Felt like holding on to a rocket.

            Comment


            • #7
              Open the gas tank and drop a match down into it should fix it!
              2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

              I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tex View Post
                Open the gas tank and drop a match down into it should fix it!
                Hahaha.... I hear ya. But I own a couple seadoos and a couple jet skis. Its not the machine but the owner that is usually a PITA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Exactly guns don't kill people. People kill people....

                  Seadoo's don't endanger anyone, its the people riding them that chooses to endanger others.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dredgeking View Post
                    I thought it could be structural. But think it's more a liability issue since it's a 2 seater. I uncovered the holes for the brace, installed the pylon and we wakeboarded. It worked. Need to figure out how to set the max speed and other tweaks.

                    We also figured out sport mode. Wow. It launches hard. Wow. Made a few quick blasts to 72 mph. Felt like holding on to a rocket.

                    I haven't looked at jetskis for many years...I just looked at the specs on the RXP-X model...WOW is right! 300hp, 18.5g fuel tank, trim, 100w stereo, etc. Dang, impressive!
                    Former: 2007 X15

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
                      Exactly guns don't kill people. People kill people....

                      Seadoo's don't endanger anyone, its the people riding them that chooses to endanger others.
                      I would say 9 out of 10 jet skiers I encounter have to be waved off and flipped off before they kill whoever I’m towing. It’s gotten downright dangerous with them anywhere I go these days.




                      #abolishjetskis
                      -Aric

                      LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                      https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

                      2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have a 2017 RXP (300 HP). It does not have the speed limiter that our 2010 RXT had. It also only comes with the yellow key/lanyard. I know that seadoo has tow models that have the the functions you reference (speed limit, tow bar, etc). I don't know if you can get those enabled on the RXP or not. Be careful not to suck up the two rope. It is a real pain to remove if you do.

                        Sport mode is a blast - amazing acceleration!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have been avoiding getting a jet ski, but....... Opportunity rang and I'm a sucker for speed. Most of the jetskiers are actually respectful on our lake. It's the pontoontards towing tubes that are the most dangerous.

                          I have had jetskiers come up and ask if they can jump our wake. I always say no since we're out there to surf.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kscrib View Post
                            We have a 2017 RXP (300 HP). It does not have the speed limiter that our 2010 RXT had. It also only comes with the yellow key/lanyard. I know that seadoo has tow models that have the the functions you reference (speed limit, tow bar, etc). I don't know if you can get those enabled on the RXP or not. Be careful not to suck up the two rope. It is a real pain to remove if you do.

                            Sport mode is a blast - amazing acceleration!!!
                            You can buy the ski module for any of the newer Sea Doo's. I think there is a speed limiter function that should work close to the same.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X