Another Reason to Hate Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Reason to Hate Tubes

Had guests in town from Wyoming and they have small kids. Against my better judgment I bought a tube. Out Monday night, rope was under the platform and I didn't know. I accelerated and sent that damn thing (the platform) 20 feet in the air. I was so pissed. Picked up the pieces and put it back together that night. Still furious. However, even though screws were ripped from teak they still bite when I tighten them. It's coming off on Sunday for a full rebuild. I know pics or it didn't happen but pictures were the last thing on my mind. Damn. No one got hurt so that's good. At least that's what I tell myself.

Note to self: f*** tubing.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
      Note to self: f*** tubing.
      With a donkey dick

Comment

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
        With a donkey dick
        John, your lucky you didn't get that rope wrapped around your prop shaft. I did that many many years ago and those tubing ropes will destroy the cutlass bearing and shut you down on the water.

Comment

Had guests in town from Wyoming and they have small kids. Against my better judgment I bought a tube. Out Monday night, rope was under the platform and I didn't know. I accelerated and sent that damn thing (the platform) 20 feet in the air. I was so pissed. Picked up the pieces and put it back together that night. Still furious. However, even though screws were ripped from teak they still bite when I tighten them. It's coming off on Sunday for a full rebuild. I know pics or it didn't happen but pictures were the last thing on my mind. Damn. No one got hurt so that's good. At least that's what I tell myself.
          You hate tubing because you failed to locate the rope before you gave the boat power ? Um ok.
          2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
            You hate tubing because you failed to locate the rope before you gave the boat power ? Um ok.
            For several reasons, but yes, that is the latest. I had a spotter. I was driving.

Comment

I had a spotter.
              In that case I get mad enough at my spotter (wife) that I end up in trouble.

Hope your platform is ok. I had Tommy Nation at Teakworld make a transom saver for mine, great guy, in case you need repair.
              2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                In that case I get mad enough at my spotter (wife) that I end up in trouble.

Hope your platform is ok. I had Tommy Nation at Teakworld make a transom saver for mine, great guy, in case you need repair.
                Yes I tried to bite my tongue to an acceptable level of success. Platform is fine. I'm going to just rebuild it this weekend. It needs a refinish anyway.

Comment

Maybe if you wore this they'd take the hint:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	NoTubeShirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2412566

https://nauticurl.com/products/say-n...ftfeel-t-shirt
                  2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

tubing is ok floating down a river
                    1981 MasterCraft
                    19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                    Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

Interesting.. While not a fan of tubing we have several types and generally go tubing when the Wake surfers get out and screw the water. Been tubing for 20+ years even with a bridle behind an outboard in the early days, and never had a rope issue or any boat damage from a tube.

We often have other kids with us who have never waterskied so tubing is great fun for them and an easy entry point to towed water sports.
                      Cheers

Mark

'99 Mastercraft ProStar 205 330-LTR

Comment

Sorry, I still like tubes for the entertainment value. In small doses and at the right time and place, it's good fun.

Comment

Tubing was a great gateway drug to water sports for the kids. We had a blast with them.

Thank the lord those days are gone of packing the tube and blow up devices.

We now mutter or shout “tubers” with utter disdain if any are about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have kids that love tubing when it's to rough for water skiing and wakeboarding. Which is the appropriate time to go.
                            1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                            2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Don't hate the game, hate the player!!!
                              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
                              X