No announcement yet.

99 XStar Restore - Progress Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahhh the previous owner had a little more money than knowledge. Decided to take his other banker buddies for a spin, with no plugs in the boat. No one was smart enough to realize the wake was getting more and more impressive due to the fresh ballast coming into the belly. Like I said, it made for a fun project and I love mechanical work, so it forced me to learn a lot more about EFI and Electrical as a whole.

Comment

After extensive review with MEFI ScannerPro and some research to understand some of the values I was getting (for instance MAT reading at -40 degrees Celsius...which turned out to be a non issue)...we have spark and we have ignition. It required some ether sprayed into the throttle body but we got it to start multiple times. It just wouldn't stay running. So apparently it isn't getting fuel. Next will be checking the fuels injection system to ensure it is properly pressurized, fuel in the rails, and that the injectors aren't just gummed up. But very happy that it started.

Comment

Working...
      X