X24 Changes through the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X24 Changes through the years

I'm looking at possibly stepping up to an X24 for next year. I've searched but can't seem to find a list of changes from 2019 through current models.

Here's the things I have found: (updated with replies from below)

2019 - First year for X24 - 5 Year warranty on boat including electronics/screens - 5/500 on engine - Warranty transfer $500 to Mastercraft. Belt Driven Raw Water Pump, in 2020 and above they switched to a Crank Mounted Pump, Appears to be "a few" failures on belt driven pump (Mystic3d)

2020 - New stronger actuators (Gen2 Plus) - Ilmor stepped up to a 7/1000 warranty. 5 year on boat - 3/600 on screens. Warranty transfer $500 to Mastercraft and $600 to Ilmor. New 180A Mechman alternator (Mystic3d)

2021 - Wireless phone charger. New screen software for the dual screen. - Warranty same as 2020

2022 - SurfStar Software - New Tower - New colors - phone holders - Underwater single exhaust. Parker Hydraulic Actuators with Position Sensing (Mystic3d)

I know there has to be more changes over the years, but I can't seem to find any info. I'm just trying to narrow down what year I would upgrade to - and hopefully will have enough info to not make a bad decision.

Thanks!
    Last edited by sdfoiler; 08-14-2021, 05:01 PM.
    2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

A couple of edits:
    -dual screens are the same 2019 to present. Software however has been updated
    -2022 new actuators for tabs
    2005 X45
    2009 X45
    2018 X46
    2022 XStar-S

Comment

2019 - Belt Driven Raw Water Pump, in 2020 and above they switched to a Crank Mounted Pump, Appears to be "a few" failures on belt driven pump
      2022 - SurfStar and new Parker Hydraulic Actuators with Position Sensing - This seem to me to be a "Big Deal" as it should be much more precise and less failures over a mechanical actuator.
      2020 - New 180A Mechman alternator

Conclusion: for me it would be 2020 and above, and then cost analysis between 2022(new) vs Used. In today's market used prices are inflated.
      Full disclosure I have a 2019 XStar and it is a huge upgrade cost to a 2022, so am staying put with mine as almost have everything worked out as far as "issues"

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I've updated the original post in case anyone else is wondering.
        2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

We have a 2019 and like it a lot!

I’d suggest getting the analog gauges so you can see oil pressure at all times.

The alternator isn’t ideal so we always trickle charge, and I’ve replace the Lenovo actuators on both sides once.

That said it’s a GREAT boat we’re delighted with. Wave is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 2019 X24 and have had no problems whatsoever. Wave is huge and haven’t had to change out anything.
            "Dentist the Menace"

Comment

Working...
            X