Slightly bent the prop blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
    MCEC...if you wander over towards St. Paul from Eau Claire, I'm happy to show how to do this on my boat in my garage.

I bought a used ACME (my first ACME) 2241 from a local gent recently for a smoking deal. I've since bumped the bottom twice with it and have damage similar to yours (very slight). I was able to straighten it out the first time and will attempt again after yesterday's "Let's polish some lake rocks" fun.
    That's super kind offer of you. I'll let you know if I can get over there. If not another option is my dealer said they could repair this in a few days, and there's a dealer in town here so easy for me to drop off the prop. Didn't tell me how much it would cost yet I assume a lot haha.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in Oneida county near Minocqua. I can help you get that prop off if needed.

Did this happen at Trout Lake?

I had a similar experience there last year. Thankfully no damage for me, I shut off the boat and needed to get in the water and walk it out. That lake is 70 ft deep and then large, unmaked sections were under 2ft and rocky.
      2001 Prostar 209

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic_Matter View Post
        I'm in Oneida county near Minocqua. I can help you get that prop off if needed.

Did this happen at Trout Lake?

I had a similar experience there last year. Thankfully no damage for me, I shut off the boat and needed to get in the water and walk it out. That lake is 70 ft deep and then large, unmaked sections were under 2ft and rocky.
        No, it was on Long Lake chain north of where I live. Great lake, clear deep waters but there's a few points where it gets really shallow and I just forgot about one. There were 3 other MCs out on the lake that day all looked pretty new and all were surfing. Also were other fishing boats and pontoons, and it's not a huge lake maybe 900 acres so got a bit crowded. Honestly that's too small of a lake when it's busy. Otherwise great lake. Would go back on a non weekend day to try and catch a less crowded time.

Lake Wissota is the best lake in my area for surfing, 6000 acres but its man made so the water isn't the clearest. But can't beat it for finding space to surf by us. We wanted to try some of the new lakes nearby. Just gotta do a better job of remembering the depth map next time!

Comment

A slightly dinged prop is a small price to pay.

it can get much more expensive. I had a fight with a submerged log on a nautique years ago, prop+shaft+Fiberglass+Gel+Rudder..

Comment

Originally posted by MCEC View Post
            No, it was on Long Lake chain north of where I live. Great lake, clear deep waters but there's a few points where it gets really shallow and I just forgot about one. There were 3 other MCs out on the lake that day all looked pretty new and all were surfing. Also were other fishing boats and pontoons, and it's not a huge lake maybe 900 acres so got a bit crowded. Honestly that's too small of a lake when it's busy. Otherwise great lake. Would go back on a non weekend day to try and catch a less crowded time.

Lake Wissota is the best lake in my area for surfing, 6000 acres but its man made so the water isn't the clearest. But can't beat it for finding space to surf by us. We wanted to try some of the new lakes nearby. Just gotta do a better job of remembering the depth map next time!

That is always a bummer...new lake and BAM! You hit something. Happened with our first MC on a nice lake north east of the Twin Cities...backed of the trailer and got right into the ramp propwash/power loading pile of gravel. My wife was driving and goes, "It sounded like rocks in a blender" lol.

Happened on Sunday at another new-to-us lake...this time, due to the low water, the boat wouldn't even float off the trailer. I didn't realize it was only about 20" deep at the rear of the trailer. Got a little nick on the prop and ended up tying it back down and headed to another lake.
            Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Working...
            X