Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling the 1999 Maristar...What to get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the 1999 Maristar...What to get??

Hey Everyone, we are thinking about getting a house on the Lake and there is a Dock in the backyard. I have been reading and debating on going NXT, XT or X series...

With RV's they said to get a 2006 or Earlier to avoid DEF, plus the older ones were made better...

We have the 1999 Maristar with a Tower and it has been great. A really fun boat and it Drove straight, ( with a little filing making a chamfer on the Right side of the Rudder) Has a bilge compartment where we put our fishing poles...I know...lol and never left us stranded.

We have one son 15 and he would like to learn to Surf and wakeboard... I just like to squish the chop...lol

I see there are three towers to pick, 2 engines, and 3 command screens that control various things...

Any suggestions on any of the above?

1999 MasterCraft Maristar, V210, 330 Hp LTR
    Mods: Upgraded Stereo, Amp, 6 Disk Changer, Zero-Flex Tower, Custom Fit Bimini Top, and of course...Teak Oil!

You need to decide how important "Surfing" is. I came from a 2000 Maristar, super simple, always worked, wakeboard=No Problem, Surf=Problem. Basically Surfing was the ONLY thing it did not do well. Fast Forward to an XStar, Surf=No Problem, Wakeboard =No Problem. Squish Chop=No Problem. Complexity = High, Cost = High. I have had it in the shop more in 1.5 years that the Maristar in 20 years = Truth.

Comment

Maristar can surf great if you set it up right. Get some ballast bags, a surf gate to start. Take it up a notch with a larger diameter and cup size prop if you want. Add in ballast pumps if you want it automated. Certainly cheaper then a new boat. My teenagers and my 63 year old mother surf on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a simple elegance with the older analog boats. Yours is right in the sweet spot where it's right before all sorts of extra electronics were being added.

If you're not having issues with it, I'd keep running it. Make friends with someone with a surf boat and take a ride behind it before you pull the trigger on this.
        2001 Prostar 209

Comment

It's all a matter of what Surf great means. For an epic wave like a newer XStar the price tag is "epic" as well, and sorry there is no comparison. Been there done that. I am questioning after going from a Maristar that had plumbed in ballast, tower, surfgate to an XStar if it was worth +$130K. for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
            It's all a matter of what Surf great means. For an epic wave like a newer XStar the price tag is "epic" as well, and sorry there is no comparison. Been there done that. I am questioning after going from a Maristar that had plumbed in ballast, tower, surfgate to an XStar if it was worth +$130K. for me..
            Ahhh, the beauty of slalom. Unless you’re competing and need to practice with Zero-Off….any version of 70s- thru whatever your wallet can handle used MasterCraft DD is still a world class pull

Comment

Working...
            X