Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mastercraft not on "Best Surfing Boat" ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft not on "Best Surfing Boat" ??

I Love MasterCraft and supposedly their build quality, but after seeing some of the surf Tab brackets coming off and not having a back plate, I thought I would just google best Surfing boats... and this is what I got...

https://surfhungry.com/best-wakesurf-boats/

https://www.boatingmag.com/six-hotte...and-surfboats/

https://www.wakeboardingmag.com/tags...esurf-boats-0/

I never thought I would look at another Brand, and maybe I still wont but I never thought MasterCraft wouldn't be #1 or even on some lists...??
    1999 MasterCraft Maristar, V210, 330 Hp LTR
    Mods: Upgraded Stereo, Amp, 6 Disk Changer, Zero-Flex Tower, Custom Fit Bimini Top, and of course...Teak Oil!

I'm pretty sure they aren't featured in those articles because they chose not to pay to be featured in those articles.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
      I'm pretty sure they aren't featured in those articles because they chose not to pay to be featured in those articles.

BINGO!!

Comment

I canceled my wakeboardingmag subscription years ago. It didn't seem to make sense to pay to read articles that were actually paid advertisements. All articles weren't that way, but a lot of them were, and if it was a boat article, it was clearly one.

Comment

Not a single repeat boat across the 3 lists, and Regal made the list?
          2016 X30

Comment

To me it seems like MC gets the label of being a skiers boat outside of the MC community. A couple of my SAN and BU friends have tossed that idea around which I thought was interesting. Those who have actually been behind the new MCs know better lol. I also agree with whats said above ^^
            -Tolman
            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
            '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Guess I should sell the X22 and step up to the Gekko.

Comment

Pay to Play - Every manufacturer’s marketing team does this, the forums and test drives, should guide your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post

That was the demise of waterski magazine as well. 5 tips to master your wake crossings. #1 buy the brand new Malibu TXi its flat buttery wakes will instantly improve your wake crossings. #2 The smooth power delivery of Indmar engines with Zero off

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
                    That was the demise of waterski magazine as well. 5 tips to master your wake crossings. #1 buy the brand new Malibu TXi its flat buttery wakes will instantly improve your wake crossings. #2 The smooth power delivery of Indmar engines with Zero off
                    Whatever it is that you do for a living, you're in the wrong profession!! Clearly you should write copy for all the boat mags!!!
                    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
                      As someone who golfs as well I am all for these types of articles, I always blame my 90+ scorecard on my clubs. Never dawned on me I could just blame my questionable wakeboarding skills on my boat. These articles are great affirmation that my lack of practice and physical ability are never to blame.

Comment

Lots of better boats missing from those lists. Many of the choices are quite comical..... Some are, in fact, great surf boats.

Comment

I cannot and will never understand internet armchair quarterbacking a boat purchase.

If you buy a boat based off reviews and not experience, you should probably just buy a Pavati.
                          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

The waketractor-2 made one of the lists... enough said!

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              I cannot and will never understand internet armchair quarterbacking a boat purchase.

If you buy a boat based off reviews and not experience, you should probably just buy a Pavati.

Lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X