• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring beer, we're good. If you want

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
      Just wait until ya go electric! I have an eFoil and people are begging me for a chance to get out and ride it. Like 1-5 requests per week. I'll be out riding and people will literally pull up next to me and say "hey can I try that?" Seriously, dude, I am riding it, get in line behind the others that already asked!

So ~$12K cost which is not bad but it is still a cost that very few would be riders can afford. Hence they want to get on my board. Standard 1-1.5 hour ride times at rental shops start at ~$150 and in some locations go up to $350 during peak. So I lose 1.5-2 hours of time that I could be riding while I chase them around in my boat or my jet ski giving them pointers so they don't waste their time or get hurt. Without instructions and someone watching learning to ride and eFoil is nearly impossible. So my board and my time and getting sucked up.

All that is fine and I like to share but what frosts me is the casual almost mumbling "thanks" followed up by a raving review of how much fun it was. And then later I send the awesome videos of their adventures and them riding and I hear nothing back from them at all. It has happened multiple times. To me that is what is the best about riding on my board is I know they want to brag and show off the videos, and man to they ever share and brag. But they never ever offer so much as a penny because it is electric. I would still turn them down but it is the offer that is what counts.
      Welcome back!
      2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
        Welcome back!

really??? didn't see the sarcastic emoji, H2ORidr would be the last person I'd welcome back

Comment

• it's always interesting to see how Online Forums get so out of control. If we were all at say a Masterbash, the friend groups would be together, kind of segmented by generation, values, and people they enjoy spending time with. Things would never get this out of control.

We remember small gestures of kindness, how people make us feel. At the end of the day all money gives us is experiences, we all are fortunate. Enjoy life Masterpeeps.

Comment

• All my friends and there friends come on my boat
            We do the water sports and have a blast. Drink my beer it's not a big deal. Life is to short to be asking everyone for a dime. Get out and have some fun and enjoy this life we have because we can't Take it with us when we're gone

Comment

• 125 replies.. evenings must be boring and season has a solid 5 weeks to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
                it's always interesting to see how Online Forums get so out of control. If we were all at say a Masterbash, the friend groups would be together, kind of segmented by generation, values, and people they enjoy spending time with. Things would never get this out of control.

We remember small gestures of kindness, how people make us feel. At the end of the day all money gives us is experiences, we all are fortunate. Enjoy life Masterpeeps.
                2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                  125 replies.. evenings must be boring and season has a solid 5 weeks to go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  I blame it on resurging cabin fever.

Comment

• Best time on the lake is now. School is back and the lake is empty. Get out and enjoy the quiet with some off your closest friends and share the fun. In January you will wish you worried less about who will buy the gas.
                    Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
                      it's always interesting to see how Online Forums get so out of control. If we were all at say a Masterbash, the friend groups would be together, kind of segmented by generation, values, and people they enjoy spending time with. Things would never get this out of control.

There is always those few that seem to think they own the place and seem to get away with making snide comments when someone posts something they find strange or don't agree with. Just look up above. They could contact the person by PM and verify but they would then have to admit that they were wrong, so it never happens. In the words of my teenage daughter: whatever.

Comment

• At the end of the day, I'm always the one that tows the boat, drives the boat, cleans the boat, and pays for gas- and I never expect a penny! I bought the boat fully knowing I'd be swallowing those costs. I really think doing things this way provides the most enjoyable experience for everyone. Seeing people happy makes me happy. Win win.
                        -Tolman
                        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
                          There is always those few that seem to think they own the place and seem to get away with making snide comments when someone posts something they find strange or don't agree with. Just look up above. They could contact the person by PM and verify but they would then have to admit that they were wrong, so it never happens. In the words of my teenage daughter: whatever.
                          That's because the mods on this board don't seem to moderate. Honestly, surprised MC doesn't have an employee mod the board, since it is the company's board and reflects on its brand.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Went out for a ride this morning behind my friend's 2012 X2. We were the only ones on the lake, the air was a bit brisk but the water warm and glass. It was a picture perfect morning and we got some good sets in. Got back to the lift, helped unpack the boat, then wiped it down and put the cover on. Wasn't forced to play credit card roulette, cough up $50 or was shamed for not doing so but then again I did pull up in a Tahoe.

Tomorrow we'll be riding early behind my boat with the same crew. The weather looks to be identical to today. At the end of the day they'll help me unpack the boat, wipe it down and put the cover on. I won't ask anyone to play credit card roulette, cough up $50 or shame anyone for not offering me money as they all know I would never accept it anyway.

Tomorrow will top off a great late summer weekend as we roll into the last stretch of the boating season up here in the north. In a couple months no one will remember how much they spent on gas or beer but we will remember the outings we took together and the friendship we shared.

If you have the cash and don't feel this way about the people your riding with maybe the bigger problem you have is the company you're keeping and not the money.

Comment

• Lucky you to be blessed financially to afford the sport and blessed with enough friends that you can pick the ones who only pay greater than 20 bucks.

I invite people out and just tell them to bring a towel food and drinks as a reminder. I have enough to do with cleaning, Repairs, towing and being the driver that I can’t pack peoples choice of food and drink. If I wanted money too I wouldn’t be able to get people to come out. I mean I already have a hard enough time getting people to come out that I bought jetskis just to get out on the water more often.
                              Last edited by Roman; 08-21-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLivinIsEasy View Post
                                That's because the mods on this board don't seem to moderate. Honestly, surprised MC doesn't have an employee mod the board, since it is the company's board and reflects on its brand.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
                                FYI they do.

We’ve had this discussion time and time again. If you don’t like how this board is moderated, leave. Or you can be like others who haven’t, call MC and tell them you got your feelings hurt on a message board.
                                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:
                                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Working...
                                X