Just put a Deposit on a MasterCraft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put a Deposit on a MasterCraft!

Met the MC Seller on the phone and after talking to him for a few minutes, I knew he was a MasterCraft Aficionado, loved his boat and knew about everything about her...

My last MC was a 1999 Maristar 210 VRS with a 330hp LTR.

This boat below is a 2007 MC X15 with the 350 hp MCX which I heard was a pretty good motor. Have to start some research. It also had upgraded speakers and fast fill bags on top of the Stock ballast. He said he did all 3 of the MasterCraft suggested upgrades. Like there was one for the cooling system and i forgot the other 2

I go test drive it this weekend.

Wanted to thank all the people who have helped me when I was first new to MasterCraft.

Any tips of things I should look out for with the MCX? or the x15 in general
    Attached Files
    1999 MasterCraft Maristar, V210, 330 Hp LTR
    Mods: Upgraded Stereo, Amp, 6 Disk Changer, Zero-Flex Tower, Custom Fit Bimini Top, and of course...Teak Oil!

New and old...

Our Maristar was named Missy, she will be missed

She is going to a good home
    Attached Files
    1999 MasterCraft Maristar, V210, 330 Hp LTR
    Mods: Upgraded Stereo, Amp, 6 Disk Changer, Zero-Flex Tower, Custom Fit Bimini Top, and of course...Teak Oil!

Comment

The boat looks super clean and very well taken care of. That 2005 - 2008 time frame were years of solid build quality. No crazy electronic systems and the displays were simple.

Aside from the normal things on the boat I would focus on the trailer and in particular the brakes as these were still the Reliable brake components. Open the brake fluid reservoir (if you can) and check the fluid for rust/water. I believe the bearing in 08 were still oil bath which I liked. Big thing there is the level and color of the oil. Look for any dampness at the back of the seals or any oil tracks from where a seal may have been leaking. Check the age on the tires too as this is something a lot of people don't focus on and will cost you $400 - $500 bucks to replace.

Comment

awesome ... huge congrats

Comment

congrats and talk about pimp my ride!

Comment

That looks like a well taken care of boat.

Comment

I remember the owner’s many posts on the FB group. Great tips above on the trailer, definitely heed the advice. Nothing worse than being stuck on the side of a busy highway on your inaugural trip with a shredded tire or smoking bearing.

I know he bought all new speakers for the tower but play some music and put your ear up to each speaker and make sure it’s playing.

If it’s the original Clarion head unit, you can easily add Bluetooth capability for $50 so don’t run out and spend $300 on a new radio.

If you plan to do a lot of surfing, budget another $600 for a Fresh Air Exhaust to provide a safe experience for your passengers and surfer.

The X15 hull is one of the most versatile MC has ever created. Tons of room in a compact - by today’s standards - size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks super clean!

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
                Aside from the normal things on the boat I would focus on the trailer and in particular the brakes as these were still the Reliable brake components. Open the brake fluid reservoir (if you can) and check the fluid for rust/water.
                this, and if you see any rust/muck in the brake fluid just swap the whole system before bothering to chase faults to components.
                actuator, calipers, lines. throw all the reliable stuff in the trash.

Comment

Gorgeous boat. I bought on '08 X1 this year and can echo the thoughts about the trailer. Overhauling the brakes is a bit pricey, so hopefully yours are good to go.

Mine came with oil baths but I converted one side to grease and plan to do the other. There's endless debate about one over the other. I love the visual check of the oil baths. But I was swayed by the argument that a failed grease seal will still get you home while a failed oil seal leaves you on the side of the road with a burned up bearing.

Comment

X15 is a great boat. Congrats.
                    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

That looks like a great boat. X15 is my favorite MC. Love the colors.

Check the exhaust tips and make sure the circle that is welded in the center is solid. If its not then it needs to be replaced/fixed.

Have the seller demonstrate that the tower can be lowered. Make sure the tower take-down screws are not frozen shut. If the tower is never taken down the screws can corrode and get frozen into the threads. No big deal if you don't ever need to lower the tower.

Make sure the board racks rotate.

That year in particular had flakey ballast timers which made filling/emptying ballast a PIA. If the seller mentions ballast timer problems don't worry about it to much I can fix them for you. PM me if needed or see the link in my sig below.

How many hours are on it?
                      Last edited by tr6coug; 08-26-2021, 03:59 PM.
                      '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
                      http://www.wakeblaster.com/
                      Ballast Timer Reprogramming Info
                      Timer Reprogramming Thread

Comment

Clean looking X15!
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Great boat and motor! Congrats and enjoy.

Comment

Nice change. Looks like a well cared for and appreciated machine.
                            Dude - Time to hardscape with that yard!
                            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                              Nice change. Looks like a well cared for and appreciated machine.
                              Dude - Time to hardscape with that yard!

Pretty those are the seller’s photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X