Just put a Deposit on a MasterCraft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tr6coug View Post
    That looks like a great boat. X15 is my favorite MC. Love the colors.

Check the exhaust tips and make sure the circle that is welded in the center is solid. If its not then it needs to be replaced/fixed.

Have the seller demonstrate that the tower can be lowered. Make sure the tower take-down screws are not frozen shut. If the tower is never taken down the screws can corrode and get frozen into the threads. No big deal if you don't ever need to lower the tower.

Make sure the board racks rotate.
    Not only swivel but actually clamp down too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Loved our 06 X15!

Check the keel too. Some of the early X15 trailers had lower front bunks that allowed the keel to hit the front trailer crossmember if the trailer wasn't deep enough when loading the boat. There are a few threads on here on how to add protection to the crossmember if needed.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can honestly say I have never seen an X 15 with that color graphic. That looks really sharp. Hopefully as clean in person as it looks in photos. X15 is a great all around boat.
        CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
        2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
        2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
        99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
        88 2001 Nautique

Comment

I can honestly say I have never seen an X 15 with that color graphic. That looks really sharp. Hopefully as clean in person as it looks in photos. X15 is a great all around boat.
          CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
          2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
          2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
          99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
          88 2001 Nautique

Comment

I had an 07 X15 for five seasons (our first MC) and it was a fantastic boat. Ours had every option installed as well. The MCX motor is very reliable and easy to work on/service.

Just keep it clean and well-maintained and it’ll go for a looong time. PM me if questions come up.

Oh, as a side note, the coffin in the X15 is larger than the one in my XT22. I miss that bit of extra space!
            Former: 2007 X15

Comment

If you have the etx cats make sure the cooling is rerouted those manifolds are $1100. I cracked 2 of yhem.https://inboardonline.com/indmar-re-...alyzed-495180/
              2010 X-15
              SOLD 1994 205
              2011 Pathfinder
              2016 Ford Flex
              3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
              1 kid in college

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
                The boat looks super clean and very well taken care of. That 2005 - 2008 time frame were years of solid build quality. No crazy electronic systems and the displays were simple.

Aside from the normal things on the boat I would focus on the trailer and in particular the brakes as these were still the Reliable brake components. Open the brake fluid reservoir (if you can) and check the fluid for rust/water. I believe the bearing in 08 were still oil bath which I liked. Big thing there is the level and color of the oil. Look for any dampness at the back of the seals or any oil tracks from where a seal may have been leaking. Check the age on the tires too as this is something a lot of people don't focus on and will cost you $400 - $500 bucks to replace.

Thanks bturner2 for the sound Advice. The actuator and outer are Reliable. I opened the reservoir and there is rust inside. I contacted a guy out here named Brian at ABA Mobile Marine to replace Actuator and outer, and Brake Fluid. I hope the brake lines are SS and might not need to be replaced..

Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                awesome ... huge congrats
                Thank you!

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                congrats and talk about pimp my ride!
                I hope that is a Good Thing...

Originally posted by GoneSkiing View Post
                That looks like a well taken care of boat.
                Well, it was taken care of as best as the previous owner could...It needs lots pf preventative Maint like Brakes, Actuator, Ballast Gauges, Ballast fill thingys, loose and missing Tower screws, perfect pass not working, clarion stereo replaced so Driver control at the helm not functional.... But all-in-all, a Great boat that is worth restoring

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                I remember the owner’s many posts on the FB group. Great tips above on the trailer, definitely heed the advice. Nothing worse than being stuck on the side of a busy highway on your inaugural trip with a shredded tire or smoking bearing.

I know he bought all new speakers for the tower but play some music and put your ear up to each speaker and make sure it’s playing.

If it’s the original Clarion head unit, you can easily add Bluetooth capability for $50 so don’t run out and spend $300 on a new radio.

If you plan to do a lot of surfing, budget another $600 for a Fresh Air Exhaust to provide a safe experience for your passengers and surfer.

The X15 hull is one of the most versatile MC has ever created. Tons of room in a compact - by today’s standards - size.

Thanks MasterCraft Ranger I would like to read thru some of the OO's posts on the FB forum.... FB is ? Yes lots of speakers...lol I had to remove the huge sub and 2000 watt Amp from under the left dash area. The Clarion was replaced with Alpine and remote, so the Drivers mounted remote is not functional. The oil bath Bearing are a great upgrade for me. I gave the 1999 Maristar a good greasing before she left... I have to check how often to replace the Oil Bath Oil...

Thank you Thank you for telling me about the Fresh Air Exhaust! I always put safety first, and that is a Big ONE...
                There's 3 amps in there and I will have to figure out which goes where but trailer first.

Originally posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
                looks super clean!

this, and if you see any rust/muck in the brake fluid just swap the whole system before bothering to chase faults to components.
                actuator, calipers, lines. throw all the reliable stuff in the trash.

Yes this is Sound advice... Will respond to all posts...Have to go to work...

Originally posted by jewbacca View Post
                Gorgeous boat. I bought on '08 X1 this year and can echo the thoughts about the trailer. Overhauling the brakes is a bit pricey, so hopefully yours are good to go.

Mine came with oil baths but I converted one side to grease and plan to do the other. There's endless debate about one over the other. I love the visual check of the oil baths. But I was swayed by the argument that a failed grease seal will still get you home while a failed oil seal leaves you on the side of the road with a burned up bearing.
                Wow didn't know this.... I thought the Oil bath was an upgrade...lol Yes, I would rather be greasing than on the side of the road... Will look at maintenance on the oil baths... The only thing I remember about the Grease fittings on the hubs was that grease always came out the back of the wheel and leaked all over the brakes and tire... IIRC. Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                X15 is a great boat. Congrats.
                Thank you John! I think it's a nice looking machine... Just need to tighten it up a bit

Originally posted by tr6coug View Post
                That looks like a great boat. X15 is my favorite MC. Love the colors.

Check the exhaust tips and make sure the circle that is welded in the center is solid. If its not then it needs to be replaced/fixed.

Exhaust tips fine... Check

Have the seller demonstrate that the tower can be lowered. Make sure the tower take-down screws are not frozen shut. If the tower is never taken down the screws can corrode and get frozen into the threads. No big deal if you don't ever need to lower the tower.
                Tower was frozen...Screws lose and some missing...

Make sure the board racks rotate.
                Racks rotate check...

That year in particular had flakey ballast timers which made filling/emptying ballast a PIA. If the seller mentions ballast timer problems don't worry about it to much I can fix them for you. PM me if needed or see the link in my sig below.

Yes the ballast gauges are slow and leaves me unsure about their state of fill or empty... see lots of bubbles under the boat when emptying, but gauge says 1/2 full...? I'll check you siggy

How many hours are on it?
                looks like as i cycle thru the display it reads 498

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                Clean looking X15!
                Thank you. I like the graphics as well...

Originally posted by mwenger View Post
                Great boat and motor! Congrats and enjoy.

I will enjoy it, when i have gone thru every system and know it's solid and safe... Then, I can have some fun

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                Nice change. Looks like a well cared for and appreciated machine.
                Dude - Time to hardscape with that yard!

It is pretty good condition for its age. The seats are still supple like high quality material

Not only swivel but actually clamp down too.

Yes the clamps are an awesome feature!

Pretty those are the seller’s photos.

Yes sellers photo's... and yes it should be Hard scaped...lol

Originally posted by Sbrelje View Post
                Loved our 06 X15!

Check the keel too. Some of the early X15 trailers had lower front bunks that allowed the keel to hit the front trailer crossmember if the trailer wasn't deep enough when loading the boat. There are a few threads on here on how to add protection to the crossmember if needed.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing that out! I did notice that the Keel is ab out 1" above the small V carpeted stringer in the front... Looks like it would make the boat jiggly I'll search for that thread

Originally posted by swatguy View Post

I'm glad it a great all a-rounder... I like the pointy front rather than the Pickle fork, although both are nice...

Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
                I had an 07 X15 for five seasons (our first MC) and it was a fantastic boat. Ours had every option installed as well. The MCX motor is very reliable and easy to work on/service.

Just keep it clean and well-maintained and it’ll go for a looong time. PM me if questions come up.

Oh, as a side note, the coffin in the X15 is larger than the one in my XT22. I miss that bit of extra space!
                Yes thank you for the ability to contact you... I'm sure I will need info on tune up's. He did the cooling system upgrade so the exhaust doesnt get as hot as it used to... Is the coffin the 4'x1' screwed down cover in between the driver and passenger dash on the floor?

Originally posted by sp00ky View Post
                If you have the etx cats make sure the cooling is rerouted those manifolds are $1100. I cracked 2 of yhem.https://inboardonline.com/indmar-re-...alyzed-495180/

He did do some cooling upgrade things but thank you for pointing that out... I will read the link to see if its the same thing...
                Last edited by MariStar-Man; 09-08-2021, 09:18 PM.
                1999 MasterCraft Maristar, V210, 330 Hp LTR
                Mods: Upgraded Stereo, Amp, 6 Disk Changer, Zero-Flex Tower, Custom Fit Bimini Top, and of course...Teak Oil!

Comment

Working...
                X