X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RxMC
    replied
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    Ugh, amazes me that you guys can man up even for that long. Seems like the water up there would never reach what I would think a reasonable temp. Spoiled here in the south. Water temp still close to 80. Air today 87. Still should be able to squeeze out a few more weeks.
    I'm not saying there's seven months we can't go in the water but it's with our schedule that we have to bring it in a bit early. It's a couple of hours up there so have to do it when we can.

I don't want hot water! I want it clean, clear, and cool!

Still don't understand this thread. Most guys change oil in the fall, not spring. Nice to get the contaminants out and fresh oil on the internals for storage. No special oil though.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
    I would have no issues winterizing a boat with whatever oil product I could find. Heck if you were really hard up you could fill the crankcase with kerosene and drain that come spring if you had to.
    Scotty don't!

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    replied
    I would have no issues winterizing a boat with whatever oil product I could find. Heck if you were really hard up you could fill the crankcase with kerosene and drain that come spring if you had to.

Leave a comment:

• ewilcox11
    replied
    The last several years I have found the lowest price for Rotella at Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• maniacmikes
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    Have any of you had any issues finding the oil you want for winter up? Here in sw chicago it was a bit of a chalenge to find mobil 1 15w50

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    People are scared there is going to be an oil shortage and are stocking up. My dad works with heavy equipment, and he was told by the oil distributors that they should order all the oil they need for the year (this was at the beginning of 2020).

I wrote it off at the time, but then I went to go change the oil in my truck and had a hard time finding it.

Leave a comment:

• Slvr Bulit
    replied
    I found rotella at lowes.

Leave a comment:

• GoneSkiing
    replied
    The oil shelves are Wal-Mart near me were pretty empty when I stopped by this weekend. Only 1 jug of 15W-40 left.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-15W-50-...2138697&sr=8-3

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    Ugh, amazes me that you guys can man up even for that long. Seems like the water up there would never reach what I would think a reasonable temp. Spoiled here in the south. Water temp still close to 80. Air today 87. Still should be able to squeeze out a few more weeks.
    I can usually get to mid October... but its sunset times and weather/wind-rain that shuts me down

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    Originally posted by RxMC View Post
    I put my ProStar away when it's warm and take it out when it's warm. Seven month layup unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• RxMC
    replied
    I put my ProStar away when it's warm and take it out when it's warm. Seven month layup unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by RxMC View Post
    I don't have any idea what that means!
    Sorry winter lay up.. winterizing..

Leave a comment:

• RxMC
    replied
    Have any of you had any issues finding the oil you want for winter up?
    I don't have any idea what that means!

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    The point was the once full shelves are very empty... regardless of which brand you choose.

Haven't experienced that here in South Carolina so far. Always been available at Walmart. Hope that is not a sign of what may happen. Never know with this new administration if you know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by d2jp View Post
    If I can’t find oil for my 351w, I’ve moved on to the afterlife.
    Lol...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X