Another type of oil discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another type of oil discussion

Have any of you had any issues finding the oil you want for winter up? Here in sw chicago it was a bit of a chalenge to find mobil 1 15w50

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Another type of oil discussion

Nope. 15/40 rotella T is pretty common for diesels though.
    Never heard of 15/50.

Comment

93 190
      John 14:6
      2 Peter 1:3–8
      Matthew 6:1-4

Comment

15/40 recommended, typically Mobil 1 or Shell Rotella is what people use. Also popular and rated for diesel engines.

Comment

If I can’t find oil for my 351w, I’ve moved on to the afterlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MIskiboat View Post
            Nope. 15/40 rotella T is pretty common for diesels though.
            Never heard of 15/50.
            Only saw a couple of jugs at the stores I visited for rolella as well. My wally world had one jug of delo

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
              15/40 recommended, typically Mobil 1 or Shell Rotella is what people use. Also popular and rated for diesel engines.
              The point was the once full shelves are very empty... regardless of which brand you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by d2jp View Post
                If I can’t find oil for my 351w, I’ve moved on to the afterlife.
                Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                  The point was the once full shelves are very empty... regardless of which brand you choose.

Haven't experienced that here in South Carolina so far. Always been available at Walmart. Hope that is not a sign of what may happen. Never know with this new administration if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                    Have any of you had any issues finding the oil you want for winter up?
                    I don't have any idea what that means!

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                      I don't have any idea what that means!
                      Sorry winter lay up.. winterizing..

Comment

I put my ProStar away when it's warm and take it out when it's warm. Seven month layup unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                          I put my ProStar away when it's warm and take it out when it's warm. Seven month layup unfortunately.
                          Ugh, amazes me that you guys can man up even for that long. Seems like the water up there would never reach what I would think a reasonable temp. Spoiled here in the south. Water temp still close to 80. Air today 87. Still should be able to squeeze out a few more weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
                            Ugh, amazes me that you guys can man up even for that long. Seems like the water up there would never reach what I would think a reasonable temp. Spoiled here in the south. Water temp still close to 80. Air today 87. Still should be able to squeeze out a few more weeks.
                            I can usually get to mid October... but its sunset times and weather/wind-rain that shuts me down

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-15W-50-...2138697&sr=8-3
                              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
                              X