• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ironhorse
    MC Devotee

• Ironhorse
    replied
    Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
    People are scared there is going to be an oil shortage and are stocking up. My dad works with heavy equipment, and he was told by the oil distributors that they should order all the oil they need for the year (this was at the beginning of 2020).

I wrote it off at the time, but then I went to go change the oil in my truck and had a hard time finding it.
    You are bang on with that comment. Guys up here are buying cases of oil for sled season already as many stores were out of stock last winter.

Leave a comment:

• Wakejunkie
    TT Enthusiast

• Wakejunkie
    replied
    I just got the Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w-30 5 quart from Walmart for $25 shipped to the house. No stores had it in stock

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    TT Enthusiast

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
    FB needs an autoresponder about strut bearings.
    Or a fact checker on all topics

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ValveCoverGasket
    MC Fanatic

• ValveCoverGasket
    replied
    Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
    I run the Shell Rotella T5 Synthetic blend. Tried to order it from Wallmart then Scamazon with no luck. The local Autozone had a full stock abet $4 more per gallon jug.
    ive had pretty good luck getting my local napa to order stuff w/o charging any shipping as well. if they dont have it it comes on the truck later that day or the next morning from the warehouse.
    have had a couple cases where they ordered something for me and by the next afternoon id figured out that i didnt need that particular variant and they were fine with not charging me and just keeping it on the shelf.

worth a shot if you have a napa nearby

but man, i cant imagine any decent sized town not having some flavor of rotella in stock.

Leave a comment:

• bturner2
    MC Addict

• bturner2
    replied
    I run the Shell Rotella T5 Synthetic blend. Tried to order it from Wallmart then Scamazon with no luck. The local Autozone had a full stock abet $4 more per gallon jug.

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    MC Addict

• 88 PS190
    replied
    FB needs an autoresponder about strut bearings.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    MC Master Poster

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Originally posted by d2jp View Post
    TeamTalk is still laser focused with relevant content and answers compared to the various MC Facebook groups. I'm always amazed by some of the FB questions/answers and pictures......bring on the popcorn LOL.
    Hush my mouth....

Leave a comment:

• d2jp
    MC Devotee

• d2jp
    replied
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    It's amazing how fast these threads can go off track. One word or suggestion can send them into a totally different topic.
    TeamTalk is still laser focused with relevant content and answers compared to the various MC Facebook groups. I'm always amazed by some of the FB questions/answers and pictures......bring on the popcorn LOL.

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    TT Enthusiast

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    The thread is about stock on shelves at stores.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It's amazing how fast these threads can go off track. One word or suggestion can send them into a totally different topic.

Leave a comment:

• RxMC
    TT Enthusiast

• RxMC
    replied
    Thanks. Absolutely could not figure that out.

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    TT Enthusiast

• ONTHECOAST
    replied

Went by a local Walmart today just to check. Had plenty of Delo and Rotella. A few Delvac

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    Super Moderator

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by RxMC View Post
    I'm not saying there's seven months we can't go in the water but it's with our schedule that we have to bring it in a bit early. It's a couple of hours up there so have to do it when we can.

I don't want hot water! I want it clean, clear, and cool!

Still don't understand this thread. Most guys change oil in the fall, not spring. Nice to get the contaminants out and fresh oil on the internals for storage. No special oil though.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    Super Moderator

• mikeg205
    replied
    Thanks tim.. found that as well

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    MC Addict

• 88 PS190
    replied
    I’ll usually fog a 2 stroke or add oil and prime a 4

Leave a comment:

• 88 PS190
    MC Addict

• 88 PS190
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    Scotty don't!
    I restore old engines you bring me one with a milkshake I fill it to the brim with kerosene. when I get to it I dump that and add oil. Works great.

You sink a snowmobile I fill w kerosene again works great displaces water. Drain and fire up works great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X