No announcement yet.

2022 Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundras have always been decent trucks. In 2014 I considered buying one because Toyota was my biggest customer. GM was second and Ford was third. However, I've been driving F-150's since 2004. I just couldn't make the switch to the Toyota. They're well made and the plant that produces them and the Tundra is a high quality facility with good people. Interestingly, if you visit the plant, take note of how few Tundras you see in the lot. It's south Texas after all.

I've had the 5.4 and the 5.0 and when the ecoboost hit the market in 2011 I grabbed one and haven't looked back. My current is a 2019. It's awesome and soooo much better than the first gen from 2011. Those engines had some interesting issues, but the power was undeniable. Fast forward to today's rig and it's much more refined, power delivery is amazing, efficiency is meh, but WTH, it's a truck and I don't drive it to be concerned about fuel economy. I love the truck, but miss the sound of a V8 doing it's thing.

I did have some issues with my older trucks. I had the cam phaser issue, repaired under warranty, but otherwise, they've been great. I've had up to 100k miles on a couple of them, all without issue.

Comment

How does a discussion on Toyota Tundra's end up in the General Topic section and not Tow Vehicles?
      2005 X45
      2009 X45
      2018 X46
      2022 XStar-S

Comment

Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
        How does a discussion on Toyota Tundra's end up in the General Topic section and not Tow Vehicles?
        Likely because I didn't see the tow vehicle category

Comment

As mentioned in previous posts; dated interior, fuel economy, and ride quality have kept me away from the current gen tundra.

Regarding pricing, Toyota doesn't seem to offer huge incentives on trucks. From past experience, you would get maybe $1500K as a factory incentive and some more from negotiations with dealer. So in the current environment of paying sticker for GMC's and Chevy's unless pricing for these is ridiculous, that could make it even more attractive.

Looking forward to the improvements and possibly one in my driveway.

Comment

I like the looks. It does resemble the Sierra and Silverados in some ways.
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              I like the looks. It does resemble the Sierra and Silverados in some ways.
              The Sierra 2500 HD AT4 is the sexiest truck on the market right now…….IMO of course. The previous generation. Was about as lame as could be.
              CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
              2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
              2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
              99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
              88 2001 Nautique

Comment

They don’t seem to reference mpg information with any of these releases. Curious since fuel economy has been a primary source of complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X