Hull Cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hull Cleaner?

I'm pulling my boat out this weekend and was wondering what's the best hull cleaner to use before I put in storage?

Mary Kate On/ Off, or tidy bowl for a lot less. Lots of threads on it here.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

https://blingsauce.com/?wpsc-product=hot-sauce

Comment

Whatever toilet bowl cleaner is cheapest. Take her to the drive through spray wash, clean with TB cleaner, rinse. Done.

Comment

it's been on a lift with a canopy all summer so there's no waterline or oxidation. Do you recommend a good waxing before putting it away or is the bling sauce adequate?

Comment

Starbrite hull cleaner. It's like magic.
            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
              Starbrite hull cleaner. It's like magic.
              This!

Comment

Sno Bol toilet cleaner.... REALLY good rinse on boat AND trailer followed up by a good fresh coat of wax. Like magic.

FWIW... I've only used on white hulls. May not matter, but I've personally never used it on anything else so adding the disclaimer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

like almost everyone else use a cheap toilet bowl acid cleaner works great and dirt cheap just make sure to rinse the boat, trailer, fins, propshaft, prop and strut (if i forgot any running gear that to) and you are all good.

Comment

What is best for removing heavy oxidation- just a good cleaning and compound, or has someone come up with a good way that doesn't involve 'death by polisher' for the sake of a shiny hull?

Comment

Starbright Hull Cleaner
                      Use rubber gloves!

First pic was after pressure washing. Still a yellow ring. Both boats looked like this before the Hull cleaner.

Second and third are after cleaning.
                      Attached Files
                      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

I agree with others regarding the effectiveness of starbright. It is a bit hard on surfaces tho (concrete, skin, etc)

I've been using this and am really happy with results.

https://waterskis.com/safe-ar-hull-cleaner/

Comment

I have tried a couple different starbrite hull cleaners. They work amazing, but they are not good on the plastic parts. The actuators housings have been discolored after I used them. If I ever need to use it in the future I will be sure to do very focused cleaning with it.
                          The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

I’ve used muriatic acid and diluted it with water. Very cheap to buy and works extremely well. Only downside is it’s a harsh acid and you need proper PPE and it will etch concrete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've bought a couple flip boats over the years that sat in the water for several seasons without thorough cleaning. They were both absolutes awful to look at. I used a product called Zing and both came out like new. Caution, Zing was very caustic. I used elbow length rubber gloves and grabbed a respirator mask after about a quarter of the way into the project. I used a garden sprayer to apply it to the bottom of the boat which may be why I needed the respirator. I sprayed it on, let it sit for about 5 minutes then used a brush on a handle and some soapy water to scrub/rinse it off.

I did this on a limestone gravel pad at my cottage. I would not recommend using this product over concrete or blacktop or for that matter any surface you care about. All of this is pretty much the same for any other acid based product.

Those boats were both really bad and both came out like new, I could hardly believe the results but if you don't need this type of extreme cleaning I would recommend finding something less caustic.

Comment

Working...
                              X