Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 mc boat(s) price increases?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    400k for a paragon plus trailer is INSANE. The boat companies are going to price themselves for a huge drop in the future once people start to smarten up. There is no way its worth almost a half million.

    Comment


    • #77
      "Lets go Brandon"
      2019 Xstar

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by hunter991 View Post
        400k for a paragon plus trailer is INSANE. The boat companies are going to price themselves for a huge drop in the future once people start to smarten up. There is no way its worth almost a half million.
        for 400K i can get a pretty sweet 33-36ft center console with tripe engines that will do so much more than a paragon and have a resale that is more appealing to the general public.

        I will never understand how people spend that much on a 23 ft. boat.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
          for 400K i can get a pretty sweet 33-36ft center console with tripe engines that will do so much more than a paragon and have a resale that is more appealing to the general public.

          I will never understand how people spend that much on a 23 ft. boat.
          Can’t surf or wakeboard a center console. I don’t see how that’s remotely apples to apples. You can fish and bro down in a center console lol
          Aric


          LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

          2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

          Comment


          • #80
            It looks like Nautique and others are doing the same - ie not guaranteeing pricing until the boat is delivered. I saw one mention of an 8% increase for 22 boats delivered in 2021, then another 12% on top of that for orders delivered in 22 - regardless of when it was actually ordered. Plus, Nautique has a $1,200 covid surcharge on all orders.

            I've seen plenty over my lifetime, these are the signs of a bubble about to burst.
            05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by MCOR View Post
              Having a written order by the dealer, signed paperwork of intent to purchase at a specified price, and a large deposit, plus our boat in trade (already at the dealer and actively selling) constitutes more than a handshake deal in my opinion. I hope MC honors the pricing agreed with the dealer for boats on order and deposits paid.
              Oh we have the same situation. Bu still told us 3% increase on those boats. Which we can eat or pass on to the consumer.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                It looks like Nautique and others are doing the same - ie not guaranteeing pricing until the boat is delivered.
                Jees, run don't walk the [email protected]#@#$ away from that deal. You're agreeing to buy something that you don't know the price ? No thanks.
                2000 Prostar 205V

                Comment


                • #83
                  Gas is going up 1 penny a day since the beginning of the year. Just a matter of time before it has a negative effect on boat sales new and used.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                    Can’t surf or wakeboard a center console. I don’t see how that’s remotely apples to apples. You can fish and bro down in a center console lol
                    The point of this is that 400K usually buys alot more boat than a 23ft wakeboat. You can wakeboard behind a center console. I have done it a few times.

                    Hell you could spend 100K on an MC and still have 300K to purchase a 30ft center console and have the best of both worlds.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I wonder what a Pavati costs these days. Aluminum cost has been going through the roof.

                      Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                        The point of this is that 400K usually buys alot more boat than a 23ft wakeboat. You can wakeboard behind a center console. I have done it a few times.

                        Hell you could spend 100K on an MC and still have 300K to purchase a 30ft center console and have the best of both worlds.
                        I think you might find that 30+ft center consoles have skyrocketed just as much..... The differences in price have likely increased relatively. Don't be too surprised if the 300k center console that you are thinking of is pushing 500k now.

                        The heavy increases are not exclusive to wake boat companies....

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
                          Gas is going up 1 penny a day since the beginning of the year. Just a matter of time before it has a negative effect on boat sales new and used.
                          I think boating is going to take a big hit where fuel is going right now. I am surprised that boat sales are still as crazy as they are with todays fuel prices.
                          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                            The point of this is that 400K usually buys alot more boat than a 23ft wakeboat. You can wakeboard behind a center console. I have done it a few times.

                            Hell you could spend 100K on an MC and still have 300K to purchase a 30ft center console and have the best of both worlds.
                            I’m not saying I disagree it’s stupid to spend 400k on a paragon, but no way am I looking to wakeboard behind an outboard. Just different uses.
                            Aric


                            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

                            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by bcd View Post
                              I wonder what a Pavati costs these days. Aluminum cost has been going through the roof.

                              Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
                              A new YouTube video of a review if a Pavati is worth 470k

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                                I think you might find that 30+ft center consoles have skyrocketed just as much..... The differences in price have likely increased relatively. Don't be too surprised if the 300k center console that you are thinking of is pushing 500k now.

                                The heavy increases are not exclusive to wake boat companies....
                                I have been pricing Center Consoles alot lately because were about to purchase another one. Im headed Ft. Lauderdale today in hopes on getting one this wekend a the show if the price is right. Yes the prices did increase, but I can still get a 28-30ft around 250k-300k depending on engine options. Also depending on brand, I can get a 32-33 for sub 300K.

                                The boat industry pricing is rising rapidly, to the point where I think they are going to out price themselves to alot of people. Luckily I don't need a boat now so I can hold off waiting on the right deal because they are out there, just hard to find.

                                Budget boats now are 100K.

                                Are you seeing issues now that your more involved from a dealer stand point?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X