Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel
    replied
    It looks like Nautique and others are doing the same - ie not guaranteeing pricing until the boat is delivered. I saw one mention of an 8% increase for 22 boats delivered in 2021, then another 12% on top of that for orders delivered in 22 - regardless of when it was actually ordered. Plus, Nautique has a $1,200 covid surcharge on all orders.

I've seen plenty over my lifetime, these are the signs of a bubble about to burst.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    for 400K i can get a pretty sweet 33-36ft center console with tripe engines that will do so much more than a paragon and have a resale that is more appealing to the general public.

I will never understand how people spend that much on a 23 ft. boat.
    Can’t surf or wakeboard a center console. I don’t see how that’s remotely apples to apples. You can fish and bro down in a center console lol

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    Originally posted by hunter991 View Post
    400k for a paragon plus trailer is INSANE. The boat companies are going to price themselves for a huge drop in the future once people start to smarten up. There is no way its worth almost a half million.
    for 400K i can get a pretty sweet 33-36ft center console with tripe engines that will do so much more than a paragon and have a resale that is more appealing to the general public.

I will never understand how people spend that much on a 23 ft. boat.

Leave a comment:

• kvw4x4
    replied
    "Lets go Brandon"

Leave a comment:

• hunter991
    replied
    400k for a paragon plus trailer is INSANE. The boat companies are going to price themselves for a huge drop in the future once people start to smarten up. There is no way its worth almost a half million.

Leave a comment:

• FourFourty
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post

I also don’t think the price increases have hit their build a boat yet.

It hasnt been updated yet. It is still 2021 prices on their site. 2022 prices went up about 9%, and then another increase was added of about 10%ish for anything being built after 1st of the year. Current actual build prices if ordered today are about $400k for the Paragon..... And then add the trailer.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MCOR View Post
    Having a written order by the dealer, signed paperwork of intent to purchase at a specified price, and a large deposit, plus our boat in trade (already at the dealer and actively selling) constitutes more than a handshake deal in my opinion. I hope MC honors the pricing agreed with the dealer for boats on order and deposits paid.
    +1...

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    Originally posted by clrussell View Post
    Not in this day and age. Handshake agreements don’t mean much anymore
    Having a written order by the dealer, signed paperwork of intent to purchase at a specified price, and a large deposit, plus our boat in trade (already at the dealer and actively selling) constitutes more than a handshake deal in my opinion. I hope MC honors the pricing agreed with the dealer for boats on order and deposits paid.

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    The pricing over the last 5-10 years always boggles my mind, but even more crazy is that people continue to buy them! I can't imagine not having at least a smidge of buyers remorse on a $250-300K toy that can only be used a few months a year in the majority of the states. For those who can afford to do so without regret, that's great--it must be nice to be you! So many other ways I could think to spend part of that money and still own a great boat (or two).

Leave a comment:

• jthom22
    replied
    Sold my '18 G21 in August after one season. We enjoyed the heck out of it (115hrs), but it just wasn't the right boat for me. I had my heart set on an a new XT21 for next year. The combination of the traditional bow, MC hips, new Z8 tower, and SurfStar had me...until my dealer gave me the quote. I just about fell on the floor. And that was before the most recent price increase. As much as I'd like to pull the trigger on a new MC - I'll be staying on the sidelines until all of this craziness sorts itself out.

I just pulled the trigger on a '21 SANTE 210 with 34hrs. It's the last of a dying breed. A 21ft, 4200lb, traditional bow. Have a feeling I may hang on to this one for awhile!

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    Originally posted by ttu View Post
    where in the crap is the like button!))))
    As bad as I want a new boat it wont be an inboard. Its so hard to justify the price now for a boat that is a one trick pony.

My X23 is perfect for what we do and once I get my Center Console, Ill have the best of both worlds.

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    300K+ for a 25ft. wake boat is pure insanity.
    where in the crap is the like button!))))

Leave a comment:

• Mastercraftdave
    replied
    300K+ for a 25ft. wake boat is pure insanity.

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
    Doesn’t sound like “locked in” means much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not in this day and age. Handshake agreements don’t mean much anymore

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    I thought that's what the Pavati was for - if you make it the most expensive boat, the people that have to buy the most expensive boat on the market because that is clearly the best boat on the market will buy it. That way they can tell everyone that they bought the best boat, which is how they can say they are so rich, they bought the most expensive boat when they say best boat. It's the insinuating I'm rich brag.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X