2022 mc boat(s) price increases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peytonvp View Post
    I think boating is going to take a big hit where fuel is going right now. I am surprised that boat sales are still as crazy as they are with todays fuel prices.
    Brandon is making sure we switch to Electric.

Comment

Really, really, really glad I jumped to the X22 when I did. Took delivery in March 2020, just as all this was starting to ramp up. Funny, there was a time I thought $156K for a boat was stoopid money (it was). Now it seems like a bargain.
      Jerry

2020 X22
      2018 XT22
      2014 Aqua Patio
      2003 Malibu Response LXi
      2001 Malibu Sunsetter
      1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

I know all of these prices are getting ridiculous but it’s all relative. How many of you remember your jaw dropping with the first Mastercraft hit $100k. I remember thinking then that the bottom would have to fall out soon. Well, here we are and it hasn’t happened yet. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
          Brandon is making sure we switch to Electric.
          If only the tree huggers knew...
          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

That’s what I’m afraid of. Getting the boat delivered, then there’s an extra $30K tacked on the price. If I had known at the time I placed my order that this was a possibility, I probably wouldn’t have moved forward with the purchase.

There was no mention of Force Majeure during the purchasing process and it’s not like Covid is a new thing. Supply chain disruptions were happening since last summer and pricing could have been adjusted at the time of the 2022 launch. An immediate 15% bump in price over the traditional 3-5% would have put a few prospective customers off, including me, so that’s probably why MC didn’t announce a higher price at launch. But to affect the price change once your customer has signed a purchase order and paid a deposit? That's a thinly veiled bait and switch.

We’re three months since launch and MC didn’t know they would have to raise prices this much? Really?
            Last edited by MCOR; 10-26-2021, 07:44 PM.
            2022 XSTARS
            2020 X22
            2019 XT22
            2017 XT20

Comment

I'm just hoping that I have already had and sold my last MasterCraft!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                Having a written order by the dealer, signed paperwork of intent to purchase at a specified price, and a large deposit, plus our boat in trade (already at the dealer and actively selling) constitutes more than a handshake deal in my opinion. I hope MC honors the pricing agreed with the dealer for boats on order and deposits paid.
                Lol, my homebuilder is increasing our price (despite a signed contract back in January) or offering to return our earnest money, tear up the contract, and list the home for an even higher price.

Most buying contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on, tbh.
                Tim
                2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
                  Lol, my homebuilder is increasing our price (despite a signed contract back in January) or offering to return our earnest money, tear up the contract, and list the home for an even higher price.

I am so glad I bought my house last year. Someone up here in dallas took a builder to court over that exact situation and lost
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post

100% true, and absolutely crazy how many have been screwed out of contracts. I took the worst hit on a business deal I have ever taken a couple months ago......

(I have an animal feed business for those that dont know)

Bought 2000 tons of Organic Soybean Meal on contract from a commodity brokerage outfit for $669.00 per ton to be delivered over a 4 month time frame.

Sold the product to a large egg producer for $720.00/ton, delivered to their farm.

Price of Organic Soybean Meal jumped to $1460.00+ per ton around the time the delivery period started on the contract.

Broker delivered about 200 tons out of the 2000, and bailed out of the remaining 1800 tons. (mind you, they already had possession of the product, and had already paid for it on their end). They screwed me simply to take advantage of profit above and beyond.

I honored my contract with my customer......

Roughly a loss of $1.4 Million on one contract. Very tough pill to swallow.

Comment

• Gouging customers is a short-term tactic. Getting hung on a contract can also cut both ways when the music stops.

Comment

• Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
                        Wow. Almost the cost of a 2026 XStar

Not making light of your loss. That is for sure a devastating loss, to say the least. No matter what size business you have. It’s crazy what companies can do being on the selling side of things. Contracts are meaningless on that side of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100% true, and absolutely crazy how many have been screwed out of contracts. I took the worst hit on a business deal I have ever taken a couple months ago......

(I have an animal feed business for those that dont know)

Bought 2000 tons of Organic Soybean Meal on contract from a commodity brokerage outfit for $669.00 per ton to be delivered over a 4 month time frame.

Sold the product to a large egg producer for $720.00/ton, delivered to their farm.

Price of Organic Soybean Meal jumped to $1460.00+ per ton around the time the delivery period started on the contract.

Broker delivered about 200 tons out of the 2000, and bailed out of the remaining 1800 tons. (mind you, they already had possession of the product, and had already paid for it on their end). They screwed me simply to take advantage of profit above and beyond.

I honored my contract with my customer......

Any legal recourse? Unless there’s a clause in the contract that allows price fluctuation and acceptance, I think for 1.4M it’s worth looking into. Seems clear the broker doesn’t care about your business relationship.
                          2022 XSTARS
                          2020 X22
                          2019 XT22
                          2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by MCOR View Post
                            Any legal recourse? Unless there’s a clause in the contract that allows price fluctuation and acceptance, I think for 1.4M it’s worth looking into. Seems clear the broker doesn’t care about your business relationship.
                            I’m going to pursue it….. it will likely take a couple years before I know if I’ll get anything out of them, or not.

Comment

I’m going to pursue it….. it will likely take a couple years before I know if I’ll get anything out of them, or not.
                              Best of luck recouping something out of the proceedings. Hopefully the court system in your area frowns upon profiteering.
                              2022 XSTARS
                              2020 X22
                              2019 XT22
                              2017 XT20

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                                Gouging customers is a short-term tactic. Getting hung on a contract can also cut both ways when the music stops.
                                I am with moose on this one.
                                1. You won't do business with the broker again.
                                2. Your customer will continue to do business with you, I realize you are a very sharp business man, so probably captain obvious here, but I would not hesitate to tell your customer.

Karma is a ***** when the music stops.

Comment

Working...
                                X