X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    But the pricing is hilarious to me. What on earth can you do behind a 330k boat that you can’t do behind a 130k boat? Can I possibly be that much better?

- no.
    100% agree with that.

Though, I do think the Paragon is cool. I think it's for the person who wants to have the absolute best tow boat on the market, and it's definitely marketed that way. I guess thats another thing that MC lacks, which isn't really a bad thing, but it'd be cool if they came out with a direct competitor that is marketed as being the "best thing ever made".

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    Seadek everywhere, Better audio (JL ftw), Coolest/most functional tower in the industry, Bimini with rope pockets, 3 step walkthrough, Crazy interior lighting, ZZ8 Motor (600hp/608tq), Surf switch, Port flip seat... (and that's all standard)

This is just my opinion, but I think the P23 looks better on the interior. The star looks better on the exterior. Also, I priced out a P23 last night and it came out to $322k MSRP... maybe I'm not seeing something?
    I bloody hate seadeck. Will give you audio is worlds better. Think the tower is awful and it’s been breaking and falling down. Bimini isn’t huge to me but Malibu has had the rope pockets forever. I like the walkthrough a lot as well. What on earth could you need 600hp for though? I’ve driven a loaded stock prop X26 with the 7.4 and it was a rocket.

While I much prefer the styling cues of MC and think the paragon is the second ugliest boat on the water, I don’t see what warrants a P23 over a loaded Xstar S with the power tower other than the extra horsepower and a stereo. I also don’t think the price increases have hit their build a boat yet.

Build quality between the two will be subjective. Both put out the two best boats on the market, and both will always have some lemons from time to time. But the pricing is hilarious to me. What on earth can you do behind a 330k boat that you can’t do behind a 130k boat? Can I possibly be that much better?

- no.

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    Confirm my buddy just dropped $345k on a P25 late Spring 2021.

Other than when he surfs our X22 he seems pretty happy.

This arms race ain’t gonna end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That’s what I’m afraid of. Going to a P23 and regretting the wave. To be fair, I haven’t demo’d a XStar S yet and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on the forum from those that have theirs.

Leave a comment:

• moosehead
    replied
    2022 mc boat(s) price increases?

Confirm my buddy just dropped $345k on a P25 late Spring 2021.

Other than when he surfs our X22 he seems pretty happy.

This arms race ain’t gonna end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• FourFourty
    replied
    Seadek everywhere, Better audio (JL ftw), Coolest/most functional tower in the industry, Bimini with rope pockets, 3 step walkthrough, Crazy interior lighting, ZZ8 Motor (600hp/608tq), Surf switch, Port flip seat... (and that's all standard)

This is just my opinion, but I think the P23 looks better on the interior. The star looks better on the exterior. Also, I priced out a P23 last night and it came out to $322k MSRP... maybe I'm not seeing something?
    Grab an updated price sheet from a dealer for the pricing after the first of the year….. it will add about 22% to that number, and then throw a another 15k on for the trailer. They are just about $400k with the latest price increases….

(Regurgitated info from Nautique Dealer)

Leave a comment:

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by clrussell View Post
    Fun stuff with price increases..

Last week BU dropped another 8% on us. Locked in orders got a 3% jump. Which either the dealer has to absorb or the consumer. Which we all know how that’s going to go on a sold boat that had a price locked in months ago

Doesn’t sound like “locked in” means much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
    I don't want to get into details in an open forum, but the quality of the 2022 Mastercraft I have now is not good. Items like the fit and finish, gel coat un-even and wavy and interior upholstery that is not lined up and has puckers.

I spend a lot of time in the newer Nautiques (G23's) and when the boats are sitting side by side the Mastercraft does not compare well. Nautique finishes the inside of their hulls in the storage areas and has superior hardware (hinges, latches, etc....)

Personally, I do not like the style of the Nautique Boats and the wakeboard wake is not as good as the XStar. But other that those items, the Nautique is in a higher quality and better boat for the dollar right now.

I hope that Mastercraft returns to quality builds because I love the brand and dealer we have.
    Holy guacamole that sounds horrible. Can you warranty the upholstery

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Fun stuff with price increases..

Last week BU dropped another 8% on us. Locked in orders got a 3% jump. Which either the dealer has to absorb or the consumer. Which we all know how that’s going to go on a sold boat that had a price locked in months ago

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    I’m serious? What does a paragon have over a fully loaded out MC?
    When the Paragon's first came out, I went to the Nautique dealer and sat in it. The first impression I had was, holy crap this boat is loaded!, then I heard the price and was taken aback. I was looking at an X22 at the time and decided that for the increase in price, it wasn't worth going to a Paragon. Now with the MSRP of the Xstar S we spec'd out reaching near the Paragon's price, I don't know if the MC value is there. Our dealer will be getting their first Xstar S's soon and I want to demo it back to back with a Paragon and make an informed decision.

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    These circumstances are definitely disturbing.I can't imagine having an order submitted and the price is increased. I don't think the dealers are liking it either. It isn't helping them at all.
    I'm sure the dealers are not at all happy as they have to deal with us disgruntled customers. Part of the reason for my color hesitation is that I haven't seen samples of Coastal Blue Flake or Cool Feel Sandstone in person. I've been asking since August to get a sample swatch of both before finalizing colors. Nothing... MC is not answering phones or sending swatches (dealer states this) Not very customer centric.

Someone noted on here about the buying experience of Malibu with color books, etc., and sounded like something MC can do. Also, think about the custom buying experience from Porsche or Ferrari. It's very different. Granted, MC doesn't do nearly the volume as car manufacturers, but to someone dropping this much coin on a luxury toy, MC's efforts aren't even close. They need to step up their game if they want to attract new customers and retain existing and repeat customers.

Below is Vision Statement from MC's investment page. I feel they are focused on internal customers rather than external customers with this latest move and dealers are left to pick up the pieces. Sad and opportunistic. I understand boat price increases if you haven't already placed an order, but doing this after you've already struck a deal on price and paid your deposit? What happened to "deliver owner satisfaction and peace of mind in all areas from initial purchase to service"? "These customer centric initiatives will elevate MasterCraft's reputation and result in brand loyalty and consumer advocacy." Really?

/Rant over

Vision Statement

MasterCraft Boat Company will be the world's leading manufacturer of water sports boats in terms of initial quality and market share. To our internal customers, being number one in each of these categories will drive profitability, job security and ultimately shareholder value. To our external customers this leadership will deliver owner satisfaction and peace of mind in all areas from initial purchase to service. Our marketing efforts will support the brand promise in an inviting and intuitive manner that focus on the unique attributes associated with owning a MasterCraft. These customer centric initiatives will elevate MasterCraft's reputation and result in brand loyalty and consumer advocacy.

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    What does a paragon have over a fully loaded out MC?

Leave a comment:

• WakePowell
    replied
    Care to elaborate?
    I don't want to get into details in an open forum, but the quality of the 2022 Mastercraft I have now is not good. Items like the fit and finish, gel coat un-even and wavy and interior upholstery that is not lined up and has puckers.

I spend a lot of time in the newer Nautiques (G23's) and when the boats are sitting side by side the Mastercraft does not compare well. Nautique finishes the inside of their hulls in the storage areas and has superior hardware (hinges, latches, etc....)

Personally, I do not like the style of the Nautique Boats and the wakeboard wake is not as good as the XStar. But other that those items, the Nautique is in a higher quality and better boat for the dollar right now.

I hope that Mastercraft returns to quality builds because I love the brand and dealer we have.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by WakePowell View Post
    Much higher quality build for one!
    Care to elaborate?

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    What?! Crazy. I had no idea

I think deep down you know thats a stupid question lol
    I’m serious? What does a paragon have over a fully loaded out MC?

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
    I guess you haven’t priced a Paragon lately……

Nautique has had an equally serious price jump recently as well. Paragon MSRPs in the mid $300k range are long gone……
    Originally posted by MarcusP1 View Post
    Roughly $481k.
    What?! Crazy. I had no idea

What exactly does a paragon have over a loaded MC anyways? Wakesub? Lol
    I think deep down you know thats a stupid question lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X