• Show
Clear All

• MasterCraft Ranger
    replied
    “I assume...”
    “I have an agreement…”
    “I signed a contract…”
    “My sales rep told me…”

If I was waiting on a new boat, I’d be using that time to scour the fine print on my paperwork. If ever the annoying “in these unprecedented times” phrase actually applied, this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• WakePowell
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    What exactly does a paragon have over a loaded MC anyways? Wakesub? Lol
    Much higher quality build for one!

Leave a comment:

• 86Skier
    replied
    Originally posted by Lakelife View Post
    I assume once you sign the contract, give your deposit etc it a done deal.
    I wouldn't bank on it. Had an order in for two new Kenworth's for our shop since August. They called last week and canceled both orders. Said we can re-order, but at market price... ie, +$50k.

A PO doesn't mean $hit these days. Seeing it across all suppliers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    I would guess $50K or so.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
    I guess you haven’t priced a Paragon lately……

Nautique has had an equally serious price jump recently as well. Paragon MSRPs in the mid $300k range are long gone……

Leave a comment:

• Zrlee
    replied
    Originally posted by Lakelife View Post
    I also ordered a 2222 Xstar in August, excellent trade in value on x23 and haven’t heard a word from my dealer regarding price increases and don’t expect to.
    May be different if you trade a boat in, not sure, I assume once you sign the contract, give your deposit etc it a done deal.

I wish that were the case but I’ve heard of no one getting an exception. If your boat is shipped after 1/1/22 you will be paying the increase. I’ve had one ordered since July 23 with an agreed price and deposit paid. Original ship date mid December. Has been pushed back twice and now ship date is Jan 3rd. We’ve been told the price will be 10% higher because it’s shipping in 22’. As I said earlier the dealer is fighting this but that doesn’t seemed to have worked for others.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusP1
    replied
    G23 Paragon's price in the UK. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 00.37.01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2413440

Roughly $481k.

Leave a comment:

• FourFourty
    replied
    Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    MCOR- you really put it into perspective for me. Disturbing really is the right word. If this trend continues, I may be jumping ship on MC... My XT23 build came in at 224k MSRP and I thought that was a ton.

That said, MC is currently may favorite boat manufacturer. Though, for $324k, I'm taking a Paragon. If MC wants to start charging those prices, they got to have the features to back the number up. Currently they don't. I went out on a Star (not S) and a paragon in the same week, and the paragon really is in a whole new league.

$.02
    Rant over.
    I guess you haven’t priced a Paragon lately……

Nautique has had an equally serious price jump recently as well. Paragon MSRPs in the mid $300k range are long gone……

Leave a comment:

• Lakelife
    replied
    I also ordered a 2222 Xstar in August, excellent trade in value on x23 and haven’t heard a word from my dealer regarding price increases and don’t expect to.
    May be different if you trade a boat in, not sure, I assume once you sign the contract, give your deposit etc it a done deal.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    I don’t see how an X star S with power tower is any different than a power tower, other than being supremely uglier. I think it’s hilarious people even buy paragons.

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post
    MCOR- you really put it into perspective for me. Disturbing really is the right word. If this trend continues, I may be jumping ship on MC... My XT23 build came in at 224k MSRP and I thought that was a ton.

That said, MC is currently may favorite boat manufacturer. Though, for $324k, I'm taking a Paragon. If MC wants to start charging those prices, they got to have the features to back the number up. Currently they don't. I went out on a Star (not S) and a paragon in the same week, and the paragon really is in a whole new league.

$.02
    Rant over.
    I may need to visit the Nautique dealer...

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied

$.02
    Rant over.

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    These circumstances are definitely disturbing.I can't imagine having an order submitted and the price is increased. I don't think the dealers are liking it either. It isn't helping them at all.

Leave a comment:

• MCOR
    replied
    Originally posted by Zrlee View Post
    I placed my order on 7/23. I was given a price and paid a deposit. My completion date is scheduled 12/20. I have heard that those with orders in for completion after 1/1/22 would incur the 10-15% price increase. Even for those who have had orders in prior to this announcement. I’ve also heard from others that if their build got pushed back from late December into the new year that they would incur the added cost as well. I think it’s BS to increase the price on those with orders already placed. I completely understand if they need to have an increase but to charge those who have already negotiated and price, ordered a boat, and paid a deposit is total BS! Just my .02

We were looking at the new Xstar S as soon as they were announced. I liked the new Surfstar system, surf pipe, and thruster, so thought it would be a good upgrade over our '20 X22. Played around with a preliminary build with almost all the options ticked that came out to 278K msrp. Our dealer warned us about rising prices, so got serious, paid our deposit and placed our order for the same build near the end of Aug with a 288K msrp, a 3.8% increase. Colors had yet to be decided as we were looking at an April delivery. We were told we had some time since the build slot wasn't until Feb, so thought we had several weeks.

Well yesterday, I asked our dealer to send me the current build sheet so I can finalize colors. I received the same build sheet as before, but the msrp is now 324K! That's a 12.5% increase in 2 months! The base boat msrp was raised 9% alone. On top of that, I missed an email from the dealer that said our boat was suddenly locked in red at the end of Sept, with a build date in Feb. Now it will potentially cost me to make any changes. Not really happy about that.

I did a itemized price comparison to see where overall increase came from and it's not a straight increase across the board, which makes me believe there's a different motivation rather than just increased material costs and supply chain issues. For instance, if this was just a material cost increase, why did cool feel price for each base location increase 8%, 6.9% and 8.8% respectively? If it were a material cost, they would be the same as the material comes from the same company.

The Z10 tower price increase is nearly 62%, S85 speakers w/lights - 8% increase, Elite billet mirror - 7.7% increase. These are made mainly of aluminum, and the increase per tonne for aluminum from July to September was 3%. Additionally, LME is forecasting the prices for aluminum to decrease from now through 2024. Why is the increase of the tower so high? The trailer price increase is 25%, yet the steel cost dropped almost 29% from its August high and trending downward as well. Will we see pricing for the boats to decrease just as rapidly due to material cost reductions? I highly doubt it.

MC is a public company and has to answer to its shareholders. Are they taking advantage of the current "supply chain" situation to perhaps buoy their stock price with increased profit per unit? I suppose they can as long as people are willing to pay.

I work for a company that deals with supply chain issues daily, yet we strive to maintain pricing as much as possible because the market is competitive and everybody else in our sector has to deal with the same problems. This is understandable with the manufacturing offshore as logistics issues are a major component of supply chain troubles. MC is manufacturing in the US, so unless they are getting the majority of their components and raw materials from overseas, the price increases seem unreasonable.

my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• wallos
    replied
    Originally posted by TAJX22 View Post
    You can foil behind just about anything.
    True. Even seen guys riding jet-ski wakes. I had no trouble foiling behind my friends 26' Colbalt (no surf devise) but wasn't nearly as fun as behind the X20. So wave shape still matters to me and my boat is perfect for foiling. Might as well stay with what I have, but am disappointed that pricing has soured me on upgrading to a new boat. New boat market looking too much like a pyramid scheme to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X