No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did it actually melt the pylon? that is crazy if it did.

Comment

In fire training at work they teach us to always cut the electrical power first thing if we suspect a fire that might be electrical in nature. So I keep a set of heavy duty wire cutters (along with a few other standard tools) right next to my battery just in case. Snip to the negative, snip to the positive and the fire at least should not have a source now.

Next I have the usual decent size boat fire extinguisher but I also have a small 1 gallon bucket (actually 3 of them now). I can always toss water onto a fire and a 1 gallon bucket will always work and never run out of water if the boat is on water.

We learn in fire training that fire extinguishers never last as long as one needs. Ever.

Comment

OMG ... so sorry but glad you two were OK

Comment

yikes, thats wild! such a clean boat too
          glad you guys made it off safely though.

Comment

Sorry to see this, glad all are safe. Boats replaceable, people are not
            Mike D.
            05- X9
            06- X9

Comment

Glad to see you made it to safety.

As a lifelong boater, I can sense your obvious disappointment/heartbreak in your first post. I hope everything works out for you and you get back on the water soon.
              2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
              "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
              Taxation = Theft

Comment

Glad everyone is alright and sorry for the loss.

Not even Waterlogged can put this one back together!!

Comment

Part it out!

Comment

Glad nobody was hurt. Has to be very emotional, nonetheless. Sorry to see this.
                    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Glad nobody got hurt.
                      1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                      2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Glad everyone is ok, but man is that terrible to see

I'm gonna go out and hug my boat real quick.
                        Tim
                        Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                        1995 MC ProStar 205

Comment

Glad you are safe! Good luck for locating a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
                            did it actually melt the pylon? that is crazy if it did.
                            Yes indeed, the pylon has melted. In addition, the honeycomb construction made of aluminum in front of the pylon has also melted.

Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
                            In fire training at work they teach us to always cut the electrical power first thing if we suspect a fire that might be electrical in nature. So I keep a set of heavy duty wire cutters (along with a few other standard tools) right next to my battery just in case. Snip to the negative, snip to the positive and the fire at least should not have a source now.

Next I have the usual decent size boat fire extinguisher but I also have a small 1 gallon bucket (actually 3 of them now). I can always toss water onto a fire and a 1 gallon bucket will always work and never run out of water if the boat is on water.

We learn in fire training that fire extinguishers never last as long as one needs. Ever.
                            This is what I did first. My main switch was under the doghouse on the starboard side. So very accessible.

I also had a folding bucket. Unfortunately, it was in the bow and I couldn't reach it.

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                            Part it out!
                            What should I remove? The only parts that are still usable:
                            fins
                            Bathing platform
                            Prop (but unfortunately was bent a little during the salvage)

Engine would probably have to be completely disassembled and all seals, etc. replaced. Is it worth it?

Many thanks to all for the great words. We are just glad that nothing happened to us and the season is almost over.

Comment

A few more pictures...

Even the antifouling underwater has come off due to the heat.... crazy
                              Attached Files

Comment

things that might be able to be resold:

exhaust manifolds (if they are not cracked from the heat of the fire)
                                spark arrestor
                                grab handle in rear
                                valve covers (maybe)
                                platform brackets
                                exhaust flappers
                                running gear, strut prop shaft (maybe if not bent from heat) fins
                                front boat hooks

FYI: I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or a complete tool making a list just trying to help out a little in case you are serious about parting some stuff out. Not sure what else could be by the looks of it. Again glad everyone is safe and it really sucks that was a beautiful boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X