• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwissCraft1291
    replied
    Good morning h_2_0

Thanks for your list.

I decided not to remove any more parts. Effort and return are not right for me. Also, the Pro Star is very rarely seen on our lake.
    The boat has now been picked up by a disposal company.

The swim platform is now mounted in my garage as a souvenir.

Once again, I thank everyone for the great words and wish everyone a great weekend.

Leave a comment:

• h_2_o
    replied
    things that might be able to be resold:

exhaust manifolds (if they are not cracked from the heat of the fire)
    spark arrestor
    grab handle in rear
    valve covers (maybe)
    platform brackets
    exhaust flappers
    running gear, strut prop shaft (maybe if not bent from heat) fins
    front boat hooks

FYI: I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or a complete tool making a list just trying to help out a little in case you are serious about parting some stuff out. Not sure what else could be by the looks of it. Again glad everyone is safe and it really sucks that was a beautiful boat.

Leave a comment:

• SwissCraft1291
    replied
    A few more pictures...

Even the antifouling underwater has come off due to the heat.... crazy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SwissCraft1291
    replied
    Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
    did it actually melt the pylon? that is crazy if it did.
    Yes indeed, the pylon has melted. In addition, the honeycomb construction made of aluminum in front of the pylon has also melted.

Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
    In fire training at work they teach us to always cut the electrical power first thing if we suspect a fire that might be electrical in nature. So I keep a set of heavy duty wire cutters (along with a few other standard tools) right next to my battery just in case. Snip to the negative, snip to the positive and the fire at least should not have a source now.

Next I have the usual decent size boat fire extinguisher but I also have a small 1 gallon bucket (actually 3 of them now). I can always toss water onto a fire and a 1 gallon bucket will always work and never run out of water if the boat is on water.

We learn in fire training that fire extinguishers never last as long as one needs. Ever.
    This is what I did first. My main switch was under the doghouse on the starboard side. So very accessible.

I also had a folding bucket. Unfortunately, it was in the bow and I couldn't reach it.

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
    Part it out!
    What should I remove? The only parts that are still usable:
    fins
    Bathing platform
    Prop (but unfortunately was bent a little during the salvage)

Engine would probably have to be completely disassembled and all seals, etc. replaced. Is it worth it?

Many thanks to all for the great words. We are just glad that nothing happened to us and the season is almost over.

Leave a comment:

• XT21LakeAnna
    replied
    Glad you are safe! Good luck for locating a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• tmothy07
    replied
    Glad everyone is ok, but man is that terrible to see

I'm gonna go out and hug my boat real quick.

Leave a comment:

• Prostar 190
    replied
    Sorry for your loss. Glad nobody got hurt.

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Glad nobody was hurt. Has to be very emotional, nonetheless. Sorry to see this.

Leave a comment:

• RxMC
    replied
    Part it out!

Leave a comment:

• Ironhorse
    replied
    Glad everyone is alright and sorry for the loss.

Not even Waterlogged can put this one back together!!

Leave a comment:

• captain planet
    replied
    Glad to see you made it to safety.

As a lifelong boater, I can sense your obvious disappointment/heartbreak in your first post. I hope everything works out for you and you get back on the water soon.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow X9
    replied
    Sorry to see this, glad all are safe. Boats replaceable, people are not

Leave a comment:

• ValveCoverGasket
    replied
    yikes, thats wild! such a clean boat too
    glad you guys made it off safely though.

Leave a comment:

• 2RLAKE
    replied
    OMG ... so sorry but glad you two were OK

Leave a comment:

• H2ORidr
    replied
    In fire training at work they teach us to always cut the electrical power first thing if we suspect a fire that might be electrical in nature. So I keep a set of heavy duty wire cutters (along with a few other standard tools) right next to my battery just in case. Snip to the negative, snip to the positive and the fire at least should not have a source now.

Next I have the usual decent size boat fire extinguisher but I also have a small 1 gallon bucket (actually 3 of them now). I can always toss water onto a fire and a 1 gallon bucket will always work and never run out of water if the boat is on water.

We learn in fire training that fire extinguishers never last as long as one needs. Ever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X