Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first MC

evening everyone...
    first timer here. My family and I are considering a MC. We designed an 2022 XT 24 and then the price increase bumped us out. So...we are on to the used market. We prefer a 24' boat. After doing some research and searching the used market I am leaning towards an X24 as opposed to an XT. I like some of the upgrades and or features on the X24. Here is my question...is there anything i should know about differences or tweaks MC made from 2019-2021 in their X24? Or, is a 2019 X24 for example the same as a 2021 X24? I realize hours and options will be different between any 2 boats. Also, I think fastfill is a must(might be standard on the X24?) but what about dockstar? One person told me dockstar is a nice feature on the X24. We will keep the boat on a cradle lift and will have to back it out of the slip each time we use it. Any other options you think are a must? How about docking lights? I don't think they are necessary but the local dealer said they add them to every boat they order. I did some looking on the forum and although these questions have probably been answered i thought i would give it a shot here. Finally, although we were bummed out by the increase I am now thinking we might be able to find an X24 with more options and less than 150 hrs within our budget. I appreciate your thoughts. thanks

I am between x26 boats currently. My x26 that I traded in had dockstar and I really liked it since this was my first v drive having only used outboard motors previously. My new one in order will have the stern thruster.

Comment

Fastfill, Dockstar, Docking lights, all personal preference items in my opinion. I dont have any of the 3 and dont wish I did (although others will say different). As far as changes in the X24 from 19 to 21 I do not know the answer but I dont think there were many radical changes. Others can chime in.

Comment

See this thread: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=108773
        2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

this is awesome...i appreciate the info, thank you

Comment

I’m pretty sure you will find FastFill on all X24’s for sale. DockStar will be less common. I have it and love it. I have to back out of my slip to the left and DS makes that easy. I also have a variety of drivers in my crew and DS gives everyone a little extra confidence around the marina and launch ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have an X24 - love it. Fast fill is very nice. There is a ton of ballast in that boat. I am not a dock star fan, but have been driving v-drives for 15+ years, and don't have tight dock issues. Docking lights are nice. We seldom boat after dark, so did not pay for underwater lights. My wife swears by the heater. But we don't have the heated seats.

We added the electric over hydraulic brakes on this trailer - it is nice. But if you seldom tow or only tow short distances at lower speeds it may be of less interest.

Good luck!

Comment

Dock Star == Training Wheels
                -----------------------------------
                Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
                Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
                Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

We don't have Dockstat but I have found lowering the port tab after putting it in reverse allows the boat to back up in a straight line. The key is to lower the tab AFTER putting it in reverse or it will retract upon entering reverse. Not as simple as Dockstar but just as effective. Just my opinion.
                  Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
                    Dock Star == Training Wheels

I assume you don’t use cruise control either since you’re such an awesome driver. Shoot, I bet you don’t even have a steering wheel. Just stick massive hands in the water to change direction. You’re the MAN.

Comment

my gut says rockstar is not necessary especially considering the limited amount of docking we do. last 10 years of boating we pulled out of lift, spent couple/few hours out on open lake and then back to lift. pretty simple. I found a used X24 without fast fill. price is decent but i worry about resale without it. round and round we go...thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
                        I assume you don’t use cruise control either since you’re such an awesome driver. Shoot, I bet you don’t even have a steering wheel. Just stick massive hands in the water to change direction. You’re the MAN.

I do use cruise control and I actually have a steering wheel. I find those things to be down right useful.
                        -----------------------------------
                        Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
                        Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
                        Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Working...
                        X