No announcement yet.

What Gas do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Octane because its the only grade we can get without Ethanol. I never run ethanol gas in any of my toys, not boats, not sleds, not UTV's not even my lawn mowers.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter991 View Post
      91 Octane because its the only grade we can get without Ethanol. I never run ethanol gas in any of my toys, not boats, not sleds, not UTV's not even my lawn mowers.
      This is what I do as well and in over 10 years I have never had an issue... I add a bit of sea foam to every fill up and to every can as well.. does it help? does it hurt? does it cost me more? the last yes, but I don't have any problems with carbs or injectors... knock on wood... so if it works it's what I do..

I also drain the carbs on anything that sits for more than 3 months...

YMMV....

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
        This is what I do as well and in over 10 years I have never had an issue... I add a bit of sea foam to every fill up and to every can as well.. does it help? does it hurt? does it cost me more? the last yes, but I don't have any problems with carbs or injectors... knock on wood... so if it works it's what I do..

I also drain the carbs on anything that sits for more than 3 months...

YMMV....
        yep same here. Add seafoam and everything starts once the it's season begins. Never had an issue even with carbs using non-ethanol and seafoam.

Comment

87 Octane for me, if I am not going to use the tank in a couple days I add blue marine Sta-Bil.
          OH-IO!

Comment

I LOVE octane threads. This one is the best though.

https://forum.ballofspray.com/discus...ur-new-boat/p1

If you're struggling at -32 looking for that -35 pass finally, & running anything less than oxygenated race gas, it's your own fault people.

Comment

91 Octane (non-oxy) from my favorite station , Kwik Trip.

same for all my small engine equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by carlsonwa View Post
                91 Octane (non-oxy) from my favorite station , Kwik Trip.

same for all my small engine equipment.
                Same here but from Holiday.
                09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

[QUOTE=If you're struggling at -32 looking for that -35 pass finally, & running anything less than oxygenated race gas, it's your own fault people. [/QUOTE]

Good stuff!
                  Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Working...
                  X