SeaDeck to Deckadence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDeck to Deckadence

The increase in pricing for new 2022 X24s has me considering other options. What I really care about is the wave and there are a number of 2021s on the market showing very good value.

In our X23s we have always had the Deckadence Flooring. Many of the local X24s i am finding for sale used SeaDeck. Curious if anyone has experience in making the switch from SeaDeck to Deckadence?

Not a deal breaker. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about adding Deckadence, and it seems to be pretty simple. Template your boat, order what you need, and cut it yourself. The hardest part would be scraping up the Seadeck, but if you have carpet then it seems even easier.
    Chris
    2001 Prostar 209

Comment

Originally posted by cm02WS6 View Post
      I've been wondering about adding Deckadence, and it seems to be pretty simple. Template your boat, order what you need, and cut it yourself. The hardest part would be scraping up the Seadeck, but if you have carpet then it seems even easier.
      I've done exactly what you're describing for both my X25 and my ProStar. Steps are pretty much what you outlined. The only thing I'll add is that on smaller pieces of Deckadence I did add SS Snaps at the same places as on the carpet. For large pieces, the rubber backing on Deckadence keeps it in place well enough that it doesn't really need the snaps.

On the original question of replacing SeaDeck, I can only say that even the small pieces of SeaDeck I've removed was so much work, that I personally wouldn't have much interest in doing an entire boat interior..... And why anyone ever thought SeaDeck is durable enough to be a boat floor, I doubt I'll ever understand that one.
      -----------------------------------
      Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
      Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
      Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

You can order the Deckadence with the logos from MC. I have also wondered about simply laying Deckadence over the SeaDeck. But wonder if that is just silly.... Will it scuff the SeaDeck in a bad way.

#AlwaysSomethingWithBoats

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend with a 2019 XT22 with factory Deckadence with MC logos. And I've been in his boat a fair amount and he's in my boat a lot. My friend nor I like the logo's because it makes the Deckadence very stiff. So, you feel it when you walk around, and we both think it'll likely not wear evenly over the long run. So based on that, I did not want logos and I ordered stock Deckadence directly from the manufacturer. Bonus, it's a whole lot cheaper. He's thinking of going ahead and doing what I did to his boat, and then just save the factory Deckadence with logos for resale. He much prefers how my boat feels where you don't feel the stiff sections of Deckadence when you step on a logo. I do think the logo’s look nice, but I care much more about long term durability including continuing to look nice.

In terms of laying Deckadence over SeaDeck, I wouldn't personally do that. I do think it's likely to damage both the SeaDeck and the rubber backing on the Deckadence over time. But it'll also show through. Deckadence is super conforming. So, it's going to take the shapes inherent in SeaDeck.
          -----------------------------------
          Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
          Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
          Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

When I first stepped on the Deckadence with the logo, I thought it would bother me, just not enough to steer me away from it. Now that we have had it for two seasons, I can't think of a single time I stepped on it and thought 'ugh'. At 165 hours, it has been a complete non issue for my family and friends, and I've seen no indication of wear around the logo (or any other area). Not sure I'll ever buy another boat (ever is a long time), but if I do, it will have Deckadence. Love it.
            Jerry

2020 X22
            2018 XT22
            2014 Aqua Patio
            2003 Malibu Response LXi
            2001 Malibu Sunsetter
            1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
              I have a friend with a 2019 XT22 with factory Deckadence with MC logos. And I've been in his boat a fair amount and he's in my boat a lot. My friend nor I like the logo's because it makes the Deckadence very stiff. So, you feel it when you walk around, and we both think it'll likely not wear evenly over the long run. So based on that, I did not want logos and I ordered stock Deckadence directly from the manufacturer. Bonus, it's a whole lot cheaper. He's thinking of going ahead and doing what I did to his boat, and then just save the factory Deckadence with logos for resale. He much prefers how my boat feels where you don't feel the stiff sections of Deckadence when you step on a logo. I do think the logo’s look nice, but I care much more about long term durability including continuing to look nice.

In terms of laying Deckadence over SeaDeck, I wouldn't personally do that. I do think it's likely to damage both the SeaDeck and the rubber backing on the Deckadence over time. But it'll also show through. Deckadence is super conforming. So, it's going to take the shapes inherent in SeaDeck.

Good to know about the painted logo. i was thinking of doing it myself and you have now talked me out of it.

Comment

I have decadence with the logo and yes it is stiffer at the seams but I hardly notice it. I personally love the decadence I know lots of other people with sea deck and it is hard to keep clean. This you just pull out and washes right up.

I don't think I would lay it over the top either.
                2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

If the wave is your primary concern why did you get rid of your X23?

Comment

Working...
                  X