• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL Carolina Spring Madness '09 Thread

Carolina Spring Madness '09
    April 30, May 1, 2 and 3, 2009
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC

-This will be the Official Thread/Post for the event, edited as necessary to update the information.

-Open to MasterCraft Boat Owners, which include their significant other, children and friends for the 4 days, come and go as you please, stay where you choose and eat where you please. I know a few families may want to attend Paramount Carowinds Amusement Theme Park which is open on weekends that time of year.

The following activities and services are planned,
    -MYMC's pier will be the gathering point each day.
    -ALL watersports activities can be a free for all, you do what you want, with who you want, where you want.
    -Alcoholic beverages are BYOB!!!!!!!
    -MYMC will have slalom course available May 1, 2 and 3 unless MYMC posts otherwise.
    -2 Porta-Potties will be available @ MYMC's place, unless MYMC posts otherwise.
    -MC Team Skier Maeghan Major (all days) will be attending on behalf of MasterCraft Boat Company.
    -Friday Night, gathering at MYMC's @ 6:30pm for trip up river by boat, May 1, to Riverview Inn Seafood Buffet, http://www.the-riverview-inn.com/index.htm, go to site for menu/directions, 10012 Moores Chapel Loop, Charlotte, NC, 28214

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --Commerative T-shirts are being worked on by Skidog and JohnE. Contact JohnE or Skidog by pm with the number and size of T-shirts you want so they can plan on the amount to order!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-For Google Maps and GPS units, MYMC's address is 2600 Sadler Road, Charlotte, NC, 28278-9676
    -Public launch ramps are available at the Copperhead Island Campgrounds/Park, South Point Access (West Side) and Buster Boyds, within 7 miles of motels @ I-77.
    -Directions* are posted below, on how to get to MYMC's dock from the water. Mastercraft Banners will be displayed on his property.
    -MYMC will be sending event notifications to his MC customers.
    -Bring your boat, but if you can't, there will be plenty there.
    -Saturday night...7:00pm...don't miss it!

!!!!!!Closest boat gas to MYMC is @ Harbortowne Marina and Boat Store, 220 Commodore Court, Belmont, NC, 28012, Joel & Casey Summit, 10 minutes away from MYMC's on the West side of the lake, on Left side of the lake traveling North and on the Right side going South, midway between MYMC's and Buster Boyd Access.

Here is a link to Lake Wylie water levels, http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/lev...onthhistorical and the US Drought Monitor, http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

*Accomodations, Motels @ Paramount Carowinds, Camping, Copperhead Island Park, link, http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/...rs/Camping.htm , Bed & Breakfasts are available. Google "Paramount Carowinds Motels", this one of many, http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/carowinds-nc-hotels.html, links to motels, maps, etc that are there by several discount on-line travel websites.
    *Carowinds Blvd intersects I-77, Exit 90, South Of Charlotte, NC near the NC/SC border. Use Google Maps and www.local.live.com to locate maps, Insert "Paramounts Carowinds". Belmont NC, on the NW side of lake has motels, with fairly close access to South Point Access Area for day boaters, 4 miles by water from MYMC's house.

*LAKE MAPS Go to www.dukepower.com/lakes, left side column click "Facts and Maps", left side column, click "Lake Wylie" and copy access areas (4 pages), right side column, click on "Download Map" and copy entire lake map (2 pages). Once you have downloaded maps and you have any questions as we near the event, pm me your phone# and I will call you to help!
    *On the Duke Power, Lake Wylie map, Upper (NC) section MYMC's place is 4 miles past South Point Access Area (on left) going by water North, in the long cove to the right where the lake is a 4 way intersection, to the left is up river and there is some power lines and an island. On the map it is the long cove west of State Road 1150, off State Road 1155 and 1184, 2600 Sadler Road, Charlotte, NC 28278-9676. Just look for a MasterCraft and someone can direct you!

Buster Boyd Access Area and Copperhead Access Area are the 2 most practical launch ramps for travel by water to MYMC's place from camping and the I-77/Carowinds Blvd motels. Mike says it's a 15-20 minute ride at average speed from these ramps to his place. South Point Access is on the West side of the lake, below Belmont, NC and is about a 7 to 8 minute ride to MYMC's location. There are also motels in the Belmont, NC area, just off I-85.

We need to know who will be attending and the NUMBER OF PEOPLE in your party.
    Post here on this thread or PM TMCNo1 or Monte with that information.
    Please inform us ASAP!

I will update this post as information changes and persons attending notify us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep a check here, thanks!

Those that have notified us that they are attending.
    >MYMC (min 5)...........................(NC)(At his house).... Boat/Yes
    >Monte (5)................................(NC)(Renting house)............No
    >TMCNo1 (2)..............................(NC)(Thursday only)............No
    >JohnE (2).................................(MA)(Renting house)..........Yes
    >Shepherd (2)............................(FL)(Renting house)...........Yes
    >Gonzo (2)................................(NC)(Renting house, Sat)....Yes
    >Hammer (1)..............................(NC)(Renting house)..........Yes
    >barefoot (1).............................(WI)(Renting house)............No
    >Trickskier (4)............................(FL)(Condo)........ .............Yes
    >Skidog/Vance (4)......................(GA/FL)(Motorcoach)..........Yes
    >KnoxX2 (2)...............................(SC)(Renting house)...........Yes
    >D3Skier (4)...............................(NC)(Local)..... ................Yes
    >ridesdirt (3)..............................(SC)(Local)...... ...............Yes
    >Volfan/wpstevenson(12).............(TN)(Renting house)...........Yes
    >NU-skier (4)..............................(NC)(Local)...... ...............Yes
    >aremsing/mtedder22 (8)..............(MI)(Renting house)...........Yes
    >DBR (4)...................................(NC)(On water)..................Yes
    >wakemkr (1?)...........................(NC)(Local)........ ...............Yes
    >riverjunkie (4)...........................(NC)(Local)......... .............Yes
    >Fresh36 (4)...............................(TN)(Local)..... ................Yes
    >Jesus Freak (1)..........................(NC)(Local).......... ...........No

Note: JohnE rents Bubba's Cabin for CSM - don't bother trying to steal it from him next year!

*************************Tentative to date, 18 boats, 75 attendees*************************

Let's have some fun with our MasterCrafts!!!
    Last edited by TMCNo1; 06-15-2009, 08:29 PM.
    Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
    At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

We're in...........!
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

We're a strong Maybe!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post

It'd be great to get 2 - 35th boats there. I'd love to see yours, and I know Shep will bring his if he can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by 03 35th Anniversary View Post

Just let me know when you get ready for me to post your info., boat, #of people, where you plan on staying, etc. later in the winter/spring.
          We wanted to go ahead and start the thread with the date after conversations among several of us today.
          Charter Member Number 1

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

I'm in....................
            sigpic

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

count me in for 4...... staying local
              1998 Stingray 180LX
              2000 Infinity ZX-1 good riddens
              2003 Prostar TT 197 sold

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11

Comment

Originally posted by trickskier View Post
                I'm in....................
                .....................Says Capt. Morgan!!!

Comment

Dog & his entourage will be there! Have the Apple Pie ready!
                  http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

I think i'm coming.
                    OH-IO!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Footin View Post
                        I think i'm coming.
                        Just let me know when you get ready for me to post your info., boat, #of people, where you plan on staying, etc. later in the winter/spring.
                        Charter Member Number 1

Comment

I think i'm coming.
                          Just remember to remove any coat hangars from any barefoot suits you may bring..

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                            .....................Says Capt. Morgan!!!
                            Aye, it be more like Captain Jack Sparrow..................

Click image for larger version

Name:	867094~Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean-At-Worlds-End-Captain-Jack-Sparrow-Posters.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2277659
                            sigpic

Comment

I think i'm coming.
                              Want your hat back don't you?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X