Ohio Reunion August 20, 2011 - Buckeye Bash II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Reunion August 20, 2011 - Buckeye Bash II

Well as many of you know, we had a Buckeye state reunion last August 2010 here in Columbus and had a great time doing it!

Well the 2nd annual Buckeye Bash event planning is in full swing and we want more attendees this year. If you want to read about last years event then click here .. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=34778

August 20, 2011 (A 2nd day for the hangover ski patrol like Mattscraft and myself !)

This years event is going to be bigger and better. We also would love to see a few boats from our neighbor states. For this weekend there is no "Rivalry" with the state to the North.

Our club web site has a page already for the event ... http://www.mowsc.com/MCBash2011.htm

T-shirts - yes we got'em ... last years were a hit and this year we will modify the design and post it for everyone's approval. So let us know your level of interest. Last years shirt had the attendee names on the back, so be sure to RSVP!

Slalom course - installed and ready.

Tri-Lakes Marine says they are in and I waiting to hear from James/Chris on what treats/boats will make an appearance.

I have taken some freedom's and assigned a few of our original attendees a job or 2.

WillyT is going to be Master of Ceremonies for a Wake best trick or show-off event. Rumour has it his boat will be up here this year!!!

Double D will be our Bimni Cover judge, and Boat Judge!

MattsCraft is in charge of anything relating to big wakes and bikini's.

We have some $$ from our local sponsor so everyone that attends should receive some goodies to take with them.

We can follow the event with some dinner/drinks at the Bogey (close to the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir).

So go ahead and RSVP to this thread ... let's shoot for 25 boats this year. Kids and families welcome of course.

I will keep posting to this thread. Our club web site also has an official site page with details as the event gets nearer.

Food, drink, Mastercrafts, fun, giveaways .... c'mon should be a great time!

This is the real deal ... c'mon and join us!

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by 93Prostar190; 04-21-2012, 03:10 PM.
    Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
    1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
    Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
    "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

I am scheduled to be there as planned. I honor the responsibility of being the "Best Bimini" judge this year as I took first place last year. ( = Smiley) However, that so-called Bimini has since been retired so its up for grabs. I am not sure of my complete group but me and the boat will be there.

Love to see a lot more people there this year and hope that Mother Nature provides a better day, even though it was still great "under the bridge" time!!
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Is there a campground on the lake or near the ramp and event???

Something for larger motorhome-boat ect.
      You haven't lived until you grab a wild hog by the legs when a dog is holding him by the ear!!

Comment

I will be there again! Just make sure to have the beegees sound track ready for me under the bridge!
        2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Originally posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
          I will be there again! Just make sure to have the beegees sound track ready for me under the bridge!
          I think it deserves an encore, since you brought it up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py-_meqSE4E
          If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
          1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Question - Is there a campground on the lake or near the ramp and event???Something for larger motorhome-boat ect.

Answer - No camping directly on the lake. If you really want to bring a motorhome we can talk offline .. there is camping nearby, and we can also maybe work something out with the park in the area by our Slalom Course (Area O) of the Lake .... there would be no electric/etc.

I hope you are planning on coming ... the lake is really more of a river and provides great water for skiing and boarding ... not really a camping/swimming lake.

Worth the trip! Thanks for your post.

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

I plan on making it up there again this year. I missed most of the day last year, but still had a good time. Thanks for putting this together!
              2001 X-Star 5.7l LTR

Comment

I am also interested in a t-shirt
                2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Of course .... can't wait to see the Yellow X-7 ! Live!

2 months and counting !!!!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

if all goes as planned, i shall be there, with my boat and columbus crew (5-7 people). i figure we should give out a couple new awards, double D's best bimini (or bikini) contest (to the winner goes the umberla), and my "best injury" contest, where i will give out a cast, or crutches... or something of that nature (has to be something recent... i can't win this 2 years in a row )

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
                      if all goes as planned, i shall be there, with my boat and columbus crew (5-7 people). i figure we should give out a couple new awards, double D's best bimini (or bikini) contest (to the winner goes the umberla), and my "best injury" contest, where i will give out a cast, or crutches... or something of that nature (has to be something recent... i can't win this 2 years in a row )
                      My buddy Chris who was down last year throwing the raileys may win. He tore his peck muscle practicing ju itsu back in may. So no ski season for him this summer. Not sure if he will make it down again though because he may be off to med school
                      2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Originally posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
                        My buddy Chris who was down last year throwing the raileys may win. He tore his peck muscle practicing ju itsu back in may. So no ski season for him this summer. Not sure if he will make it down again though because he may be off to med school
                        Chris making up excuses since he did not want to arm wrestle with me this year .... he fears me because I am "wirey"

anyways ... quick recoveries are in order .... A Buckeye Bash T-shirt heals all wounds.

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

I think we may just be able to get Mgboyd25 to take a few barefootin' headers at the reunion thereby providing us with not only the potential for fresh injury(hope not) but entertainment as well!!!

Comment

If there was an award for best barefoot fall I would win for sure!
                            2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Good morning .... we are just over 1 month away from our Buckeye Bash II .... starting work on the t-shirt designs .... any preference on shirt colors? Last year we had gray ... thinking white this year .... please rsvp and we can also get kid sizes ... thinking of just under $20 per shirt as an early estimate.

Also working on some giveaways ... another MC cooler or 2 .... flags, towels ... everyone will walk away with something .... got our permit in the mail so we are all set.

I was on the lake the last 2 days and the water was perfect ..... looking forward to the event.

2008 Prostar 214 MCX

Comment

Working...
                              X